Is it worth waiting for 7T?

  1. karanmotwani
    Cupcake May 14, 2019

    karanmotwani , May 14, 2019 :
    I just watched the launch of 7pro, and it has blown me away!!! But I wonder if OnePlus will launch a "better/newer" version of the 7 in October '19 like every year (with the 5/5t and 6/6t).. which of course, will have a few improvements.

    What do you guys think?

    *I own a 5t right now, and plan to upgrade to 7pro but since my 5t is working flawlessly, I can wait until October for the 7t.
    #oneplus #oneplus5t #oneplus7t

  2. stuge234
    Froyo May 14, 2019

    stuge234 , May 14, 2019 :
    upto you... I'm using One plus 5..Works ok ,but I don't want to wait for another 6 months down the line now.Just want 7 pro and done with it.

    karanmotwani likes this.
  3. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean May 14, 2019

    Topper_Gas , May 14, 2019 :
    It's not really clear if they'll be T versions given we've still get the 5G 7 Pro to come? Can OP really introduce 6 versions in a year, if they can you do have to wonder what's left to introduce this year if they don't feel IP rating is warranted and wireless charging is considered too slow.

    karanmotwani likes this.
  4. dermot33
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 14, 2019

    dermot33 , May 14, 2019 :
    Not for me anyway,the 6 was actually better than the 6T IMO,why bother waiting. I don't think they can do much better than what they've done with the 7 pro this year

    karanmotwani likes this.
  5. The1Lion
    Marshmallow May 14, 2019

    The1Lion , May 14, 2019 :
    Yes wait for 7T then ask again and wait for the 8...

    kevinkrg6, ripperray and Budruel like this.
  6. karanmotwani
    Cupcake May 15, 2019

    kevinkrg6, Archnibbler and ripperray like this.
  7. karthik oneplus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 14, 2019

    karthik oneplus , Sep 14, 2019 :
    7t is few days away now from launch but 865 would be much superior [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]

  8. Budruel
    KitKat Sep 14, 2019

    Budruel , Sep 14, 2019 :
    I doubt it has 865, it will be 855+.

  9. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Sep 14, 2019

    Madnezz4Ever , Sep 14, 2019 :
    If your 5T is working flawlessly and you can live without all the gimmicks of the 6 and 7, then I would wait until you actually need a new phone.

    I'm still using my 5T and don't plan to get a new phone until it breaks and can't be fixed.

    Budruel likes this.
  10. karthik oneplus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 23, 2019

    karthik oneplus , Sep 23, 2019 :
    Obviously sd865 is for 2020. I said if you wait another 6 months then you can get sd865 based oneplus 8 [e]1f602[/e]

    Budruel likes this.
  11. barnabyj
    Honeycomb Sep 23, 2019

    barnabyj , Sep 23, 2019 :
    the rumors are only saying 855+, so a sightly faster cpu. maybe a be wide angle camera, sightly faster charging. coming from a 5, doesn't hurt to wait a couple of weeks to see. might be able to get the current 7 pro for cheaper at least.

  12. barnabyj
    Honeycomb Sep 23, 2019

  13. tuanv1966
    Froyo Sep 24, 2019

    tuanv1966 , Sep 24, 2019 :
    This seems to be a dilemma every year with every mfg. I have a buddy that still has a Samsung Galaxy S6. Every year, he says, "I'm gong to get the S8", then "S9", then "S10". Now he's waiting for the latest one to come out. It's never ending. If you need one now, then get one now. Don't need to wait UNLESS a completely new refresh comes down the pipe. The 7T Pro does not appear to have much difference over the 7Pro.

    Nougat Assistant Head Moderator Sep 24, 2019

    OALEXANDER , Sep 24, 2019 :
    A new version is coming out in a days time .

  15. pgrey
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 25, 2019

    pgrey , Sep 25, 2019 :
    @OALEXANDER Yeah, but not in the US, just in India, it looks like?

    We have a 5T, 6, and 7Pro, and we're swapping one out for a Pixel 3a-XL, because we need to move carriers, due to AT&T "re-purposing" 3G towers nearby (they won't turn on VoLTE for the 5T or 6, due to "business reasons", I could go into the tech side, but won't...).

    So, I'm at a similar "crossroads". I would rather not buy another "7 Pro", for more-or-less the same price as the "7T Pro", just because we're "wedged, by our carrier" right now.
    Unfortunately, we need to leave asap, and Verizon requires B13, they will not activate a non-Band13 phone, period, even though we have decent Verizon coverage where we are (it's only going to be a few weeks, until US release, hopefully), without it (not great, but it'd work).

    I'm am VERY OPEN to suggestions here. I'm probably just going to get a 2nd 3a-XL, otherwise, and mostly "depart" the OP line, if I can't figure out a better solution, asap, given the fact that we can barely use our phones (the 5T and 6) for phone-calls, right now (this just started happening, maybe a week ago, and I talked to a tech, it's pretty clear they won't be offering 3G here again, ever).
    I just can't bring myself to pay the same price (or VERY close), for the OP7 Pro, at this time, it's a "mental thing" I suppose...

  16. Abhinov_
    Eclair Sep 25, 2019

    Abhinov_ , Sep 25, 2019 :
    there's a wide angle cam in 7 pro itself