Is “Mi Air Charge Technology” the future of a truly wireless room?

1. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Jan 29, 2021

Tokolozi , Jan 29, 2021 :
    For the phone scenario I hardly see the use tbh. I think my wireless surround system idea is a good use of the tech though.

2. ElpuntoNL
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2021

ElpuntoNL , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 29, 2021 :
    Matbe when it's more efficient. 5W wouldn't do it

Cheetosdust and Tokolozi like this.
  3. Tokolozi

My idea is that it charges the batteries in the speakers when not in use. (Which is most of the time) and even if you exceed battery power it defaults to a lower volume mode.

Remember a lot of TV's don't come with anything higher than 5W speakers anyways.

Cheetosdust and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  4. ElpuntoNL
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2021

ElpuntoNL , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 29, 2021 :
    That's true, but 5W output power in audio or 5W electrical input isn't the same. But i like your idea. Most of the time speakers aren't playing...

Tokolozi likes this.
  5. Tokolozi

I know :) but in the most general circumstances it shouldn't bother that much. With my idea the subwoofer would be the transmitter anyways, so the speaker using the most power will at least be plugged in most of the time.

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  6. Danny C.
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2021

Danny C. , via OnePlus 7 Pro Almond , Jan 29, 2021 :
    Man, humanity is really getting lazy. What's the problem in plugging in a cable to your phone? Next thing you know we humans will be charging stations for our phones so we don't even have to put our phones anywhere away from us. What is humanity becoming...

7. Tokolozi

I know right, what is wrong with reading a map and using a compass, all these kids with their fancy GPS'! Dahm technology!

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  8. Cheetosdust
    Moderator, Content Coordinator Moderator Jan 29, 2021

Cheetosdust , Jan 29, 2021 :
    I completely agree with you - 5W seems (and is) slow because people have the perception of a smartphone being charged as fast as possible. The example you gave it's a perfect scenario where the wattage doesn't really matter.

No, that's not technology, that would be a very, very thin chicken. :D

I am not a huge advocate of wireless technology - even with the devices I have that support it, it's there and it's ok, but I can clearly see how this makes wireless charging an even more convenient thing, because it is more broad.

If you enter your home and you have the "stationary" tech being charged without wires, plus all the technology you bring with you - smartphone, smartwatch, headphones, etc - are automatically charged without you even thinking about it, it truly can be something incredible.

And, who knows, this can have an implication in the justification of portless devices.

However, another point shown in this thread is the health concern. Even if unfounded, OEMs will have to work hard on that.

I am sure it's nothing but a coincidence. :D

Tokolozi likes this.

9. Young_Blood
    KitKat Jan 30, 2021

10. kulmanferdi
    Froyo Jan 30, 2021

kulmanferdi , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 30, 2021 :
    As long as wired charging (like Warp Charge 65) is way faster than wireless charging technologies, I honestly can't see the point using that, even if that is more convenient, but more waste of power (fact).
    This could be useful, but only in a very few situations. I just plug in my warp charger and a full day's power is in my pocket real quick. said:
    Btw what are your opinions?

11. Vaibhav_Lacman
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2021

12. malidan
    Nougat Jan 30, 2021

malidan , Jan 30, 2021 :
    On a freebie, OFC. 😂😂😂😂😂

But I still have a few android devices sitting around idle
    POCO F2 Pro
    Pixel 4 XL
    Redmi K30 5G
    ROG 2
    P30 Pro
    The OP is still unpacked, nobody wants to buy the thing. :(

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021

G_plusone likes this.
  13. NoviceAide
    Honeycomb Jan 30, 2021

14. Rahul Prasad Jena
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2021

15. AiDeNNoRd
    Donut Jan 30, 2021

AiDeNNoRd , via OnePlus Nord , Jan 30, 2021 :
    I truly believe the tech is good but the usage of this technology is dangerous as using phone during charging had caused many hazardous results in recent years that too for kids these days are learning from online and digital platform .

16. boseshantanu99
    Eclair Jan 30, 2021

boseshantanu99 , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 30, 2021 :
    "brain" most probably

Cheetosdust likes this.
  17. MelonLusk
    Honeycomb Jan 30, 2021

MelonLusk , Jan 30, 2021 :
    Which part?? @Cheetosdust. 😳😝😜

the_o2 and Cheetosdust like this.