Is Nexus5x/6p worthy competitor to One plus two ?

1. Lalit Choudhary
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2015

Lalit Choudhary , Sep 29, 2015 :
    In
    Indeed!

2. Calibur
    Froyo Sep 29, 2015

Calibur , Sep 29, 2015 :
    The nexus 5X isn't worth the price it is asking for especially at 32GB. The Nexus 6P at 64GB with a price tag of US$549.00 is a tad bit high. But i can over look it, considering what comes with it like others have mention.

Will i buy it? Maybe when my OPO stops working. Until that time comes, i know i have options.

edit: To be on topic, the 6P is the only nexus of the two that is worthy the competitor.

Edit2: spelling.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015

3. aed2fe
    Froyo Sep 29, 2015

aed2fe , Sep 29, 2015 :
    The big difference between OP and Samsung is that Samsung sell (at least in the past) smartphones with bad quality for a high price and in a quite high quantity and OP do it vise versa :D

rylegood likes this.
  4. risky1301
    Lollipop Sep 29, 2015

5. lukethepole
    Froyo Sep 29, 2015

lukethepole , Sep 29, 2015 :
    It's the other way around, OPT might be close to Nexus 6P, not Nexus 6P close to OPT

jobber72 likes this.
  6. B4kken
    Lollipop Sep 29, 2015

B4kken , Sep 29, 2015 :
    I must admitt that the Nexus 6P suddenly got very attractive.. First Nexus I really want.

jobber72 likes this.
  7. Chao Hong Li
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2015

Chao Hong Li , Sep 29, 2015 :
    With the Moto X Pure release, no one cared about the OP2 anymore. Now with the Nexus 6P, no one even remembers the OP2. OnePlus are like one-hit wonder singers, they put out one smash hit, then fade into obscurity.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015

I got the juice likes this.
  8. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Sep 29, 2015

n19htmare , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Why? Phones were fine before OIS. Oneplus doesn't even take full advantage of the OIS so what's the point of having it?

OIS helps in low light because of the longer shutter times. But since the Nexus 6P is said to have better low light performance due to biger pixels, it might offset OIS.

OIS is great for videos no doubt, but it's not crucial. Infact, OIS doesn't work work for videos on Oneplus.

9. merewoodbebox
    Jelly Bean Sep 29, 2015

merewoodbebox , Sep 29, 2015 :
    6p is too expenisve for what it is, in teh UK its 200 pounds more than teh OPT for what, nfc and qHD display, more metal but an ugly black bar, and quick charge. not work 200 quid, you also lose a gig of ram which i am starting to love even with oxygen OS's crap memory managment

rylegood, Ashwith and jimmyjazz like this.
  10. jimmyjazz
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2015

jimmyjazz , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Happy I went ahead and bought op2!

Op2 has better design, perfect screen size and ois at a significantly better price point than 5X or 6P

rylegood and Ashwith like this.
  11. jimmyjazz
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2015

jimmyjazz , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Yes it does. It compensates brilliantly for shaky hands. Have you tried it?

Ashwith likes this.
  12. Rahhfue
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2015

Rahhfue , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Theres no debate, the OP2 beats the Nexus 5X in every point and the 6P is a High-End-Smartphone and with its higher price tag not in the range of the OP2. It only depends on how much ur willing to pay.

byno, Calibur and jimmyjazz like this.
  13. samalkobi
    Froyo Sep 29, 2015

samalkobi , Sep 29, 2015 :
    From my point of view, anyone who knows Oneplus enough to be trying to buy the phone, knows how to fix their own problems. Unless you're dealing with hardware issues; In that case i trust Oneplus does deliver support when needed. Might not be on time, but it's there. So Customer Support shouldn't be considered an important factor when it comes to off-contract phones. IF it's physical dammage it's never covered. There's a million and 1 reasons for them not to send you a new phone.

the Nexus 5X is no where close. They downgraded in build quality and design ( I hate the nipple camera thing...). Battery is tiny, less RAM, CPU is an 808 which is fine ( 810, 820..kind of overkill, it's nice to have and just that)...no contest really; But it's not a flagship either so we shouldn't be comparing :p

The 6P is a nice phone (I don't like the look, but the build is nice): 2k screen, NFC, fast charging...almost 900$? No thank you. Plus i can't beleive they went with Huawei for the manufacturer...Easily 85% of users in North America never heard of them...I would love to see an Asus Nexus for 2017. OR better yet, PROJECT ARA!!!!!!!!!!

OPT still wins until Project Ara + dual boot. 2k,4k,8k screens are usuless to me. NFC is useless to me ( You really think i'm putting my credit card anywhere near my phone? I turn off rapid pass on all my Chip cards lol); I'm a very light user and my OPO battery has lasted me up to 3 days sometimes. On average it's over 36 hours. Got my OPT just yesterday but haven't used it yet ( Have to trim my SIM...)

14. byno
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 29, 2015

byno , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Customer support shouldn't be considered an important factor.... Until you need it.

If you've ever had to deal with a truly bad service then you would seriously appreciate (and be willing to pay more for) the peace of mind.

Each to their own though of course.

Skf123 likes this.
  15. Abdur Desai
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2015

Abdur Desai , Sep 29, 2015 :
    They are basically the same phone except the Nexus 6P has NFC, Fast charging, and technically a better display, except most people probably won't notice it.
    The Oneplus Two has, the main thing- cheaper, OIS, and extra gig of ram and the notification toggle (really warming up to this)

Also, most other things such as battery life (I get 6hr+ SoT on my OP2 and hope the Nexus can match this), build quality etc can't be compared yet, but I must say, in MY opinion the finger print sensor is in a better position on the 2, since I can unlock my phone while flat on a desk without having to pick it up, but like I said can't say much yet.

Edit: Must say, another big thing the Nexus offers is a better, more up to date OS, you will be the first to get the best from google. Customer support is another thing I have heard complaint from on the Oneplus (personally no issues)

For me I don't believe the small extra things the Nexus offers will be worth £200($300) for us here in the UK (we always get ripped off), but can't say for certain until the Nexus has been reviewed.

16. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Sep 30, 2015

Ashwith likes this.
  17. prashanth2692
    Donut Oct 3, 2015

prashanth2692 , Oct 3, 2015 :
    yeah...i do agree with you, but a gig less on an optimized phones does better on a non optimized one. camera has already been proven to be one of the best and nfc does help, and when it comes to design, it is subjective to individual taste. however, google intended it to be premium not affordable....so OPT wins big time against it in pricing...cheers :)

merewoodbebox likes this.
  18. sleepdragonone
    KitKat Oct 3, 2015

sleepdragonone , Oct 3, 2015 :
    Please don't use the so call 2016 flagshiit and compare with the two 2015 flagship, it's just embarrassing...........hehe

19. lostLambda
    Lollipop Oct 3, 2015

ilovesoneplus, jobber72 and Jawad973 like this.
  20. Jawad973
    Jelly Bean Oct 3, 2015