Is OnePlus 5 going to be DayDream ready?

1. hushensavani
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 6, 2016

hushensavani , Dec 6, 2016 :
    Dear Staff and Community,

I'm very impressed with OnePlus 3T and finding it difficult to resist to get one, but the only thing that is holding myself is the hope of next phone supporting the Google DayDream VR capabilities. I'm extremely curious to know if the next OnePlus device is going to be the DayDream ready???

Thanks.

Dmytro Biriukov likes this.
  2. sfomin
    Nougat Dec 6, 2016

3. Radeon962
    KitKat Dec 6, 2016

Radeon962 , Dec 6, 2016 :
    Does not sound like Pete Lau thinks it is something that OnePlus needs to concentrate on per his Interview.

http://www.digit.in/mobile-phones/o...-48-faster-than-oneplus-3-pete-lau-32734.html

"I don’t see VR headsets having a very promising future".

funmunke and dsmonteiro like this.
  4. Kirakichi
    Jelly Bean Dec 6, 2016

5. Radeon962
    KitKat Dec 6, 2016

Radeon962 , Dec 6, 2016 :
    It is/was most definitely a gimmick for OnePlus with the Loop VR release with the OnePlus 3.

sfomin and malidan like this.
  6. malidan
    Nougat Dec 6, 2016

malidan , Dec 6, 2016 :
    For everything OP omit they make an excuse,
    NFC & Fast charge heading the list on the OP2.
    Now the shift away from VR after launching the OP3 using it says everything you need to know.
    They want to sell you the minimum for the maximum they feel people are gullible enough to pay.

Nakele likes this.
  7. ShakilSomeone
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2016

8. ramachinnam
    Froyo Dec 7, 2016

9. LegoDK
    Honeycomb Dec 7, 2016

LegoDK , Dec 7, 2016 :
    Lol! No... those are the specs of 3T, except for OS :p
    Rubbish source!

10. funmunke
    Marshmallow Dec 7, 2016

funmunke , Dec 7, 2016 :
    I have a Samsung VR. It's neat, but has issues. I rarely use it. In fact the only time I really use it is for viewing VR videos I recorded and loaded to YouTube. I never use it for games.

I totally agree with OP on this one. There are much better things to focus on that being Day Dream compatible.

11. filipe.aparicio
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 16, 2016

filipe.aparicio , Dec 16, 2016 :
    Don't hold back on the 3T. Google Daydream will be coming sooner of later to the 3 and 3T.
    I've managed to get it fully working on my device without any issues or hiccups. You can find more info on this link: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...ream-vr-fully-running-on-op3-oxygenos.479505/

I've also spoken to Tony from OP and he said he'd bring this up to management. We might get lucky, but no promises yet :)

Either way, you can get Daydream running flawlessly right now on your OnePlus 3 (Nougat is required to work on the 3T as well) whether we get official support or not.

12. RATNALA VENKATA PRASAD
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2017