14 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. no

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. Gaurav_sawant_1703
    Donut May 30, 2019

Gaurav_sawant_1703 , May 30, 2019 :
    The oneplus 7 pro with a pathetic camera and expensive price tag but with an amazing display is turning out to be a gamer's device than a normal day to day user's smartphone. What do you guys think about it.

2. GOAT_Preacher
    Donut May 30, 2019

GOAT_Preacher , May 30, 2019 :
    For me it isnt overhyped. It is a great allround phone and I think the camera is a software problem. And the display is just that good it lets me forget the rest.

Gaurav_sawant_1703 likes this.
  3. Discostu
    Jelly Bean May 30, 2019

Discostu , May 30, 2019 :
    I think it is up to the individual to get hyped or not. Every manufacturer hypes their new devices, people just need to be smart enough to see past it.

Personally, until I get my hands on one for a long period of time I have no opinion of it other than this - it's just a phone.

kevinplus2 likes this.
  4. Shocky
    Honeycomb May 30, 2019

Shocky , May 30, 2019 :
    It seems a lot of users returning these, for various reasons. Once the hype wears off a lot of OP users seem to regret purchases it seems, for the higher price point people are less accepting when features fall short of expectations.

Last edited: May 30, 2019

5. NeoElettoTheOne
    Froyo May 30, 2019

NeoElettoTheOne , May 30, 2019 :
    That's exactly the point.

6. eye842
    Lollipop May 30, 2019

eye842 , May 30, 2019 :
    All OnePlus phones are/were overhyped, it's all a matter of getting on or off the hype train. There is an update out so the camera thingie wingie is not a problem.
    The price tag was expected so I don't know what problem there is regarding that.
    Gaming phones are the RAGE at the moment and the globale hype is esport.

Gaurav_sawant_1703 likes this.
  7. kWix
    Eclair May 30, 2019

kWix , May 30, 2019 :
    I definitely don't think this phone is overhyped. Had it for more than a week now and I totally love it. I'm not even a gamer and I still consider the screen soooo much better than before. It completely spoiled me. Whenever I look at a phone with an old type of screen I feel my eyes burning :D
    (mostly comparing it to my previous OnePlus 6).

I wouldn't call the camera pathetic either. In the end it's coming down to personal taste. Comparing it with the one from Samsung's flagships, I personally like this one better because it gives me something that's more appropriate to reality instead of over-saturated photos that have nothing to do with reality. I've had the chance to test the latest 3 updates and each one of them has brought quite some improvements. I'm pretty sure they will continue to improve it further.

Also, OxygenOS is something I wouldn't be able to live without at this point. My wife had a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and what they're doing to the poor Android should be considered a crime. I would say the same for other manufacturers and their flavors...

The only real downside right now is the issue with the ghost touches which I'm sure they will fix one way or the other. It's still nowhere close to an exploding phone...

I had the OnePlus 6 and the 3T before it.
    For the difference of 180€ between the 6 and 7pro, I'm more than happy with the upgrade.

Never settle!

Later edit: The in-display fingerprint sensor is also great and I like it a lot. On the battery side, I've been getting a consistent 6-7h of screen time with adaptive screen brightness at 90Hz & QHD+ and a total of 1.5 - 2 days of use on a single charge.

Last edited: May 30, 2019

8. Gaurav_sawant_1703
    Donut May 30, 2019

Oneplus makes really nice phones, but they should have upgraded themselves equally in other departments also other than focussing only on the screen. For me the 90hz refresh rate is nice but how practical? is a doubt. Cameras are not even B-. Thankfully oneplus is great at updates but we expected a lot different from oneplus flagship. It is not a flagship killer and not even a flagship it is not quite here or there right now.

X1552924727367 likes this.
  9. Gaurav_sawant_1703
    Donut May 30, 2019

No doubt, Even I had oneplus 3 and oneplus 6 but when you add "pro" we expect more and personally instead of 90hz oneplus could have invested in periscopes or just a set of better cameras. sony imx 584 module can be seen on very budget phones like redmi note 7. So definitely didn't expect it in Pro

10. vahdyx
    Gingerbread May 30, 2019

vahdyx , May 30, 2019 :
    I sold my S10 to get this phone, and though it's only been a day, I'm very happy with it so far. I still use Nova though. I tried the OnePlus launcher for a bit but didn't wanna set up stuff so just restored a Nova backup.

There's some quirks I have noticed but seems to be better than the S10 subjectively, but it's objectively better in my eyes, silo'd from the world.

Dirk66 and Gaurav_sawant_1703 like this.
  11. kWix
    Eclair May 30, 2019

kWix , May 30, 2019 :
    Just a tip: I've previously noticed the navigation gestures being much better when using the OnePlus Launcher instead of Nova. I was a premium Nova user before but I've completely switched to OP Launcher ever since they launched the gestures.

Gaurav_sawant_1703 and vahdyx like this.
  12. Grilled_Trout
    Gingerbread May 30, 2019

Grilled_Trout , May 30, 2019 :
    Glad to see another happy camper. :) Here is hoping that the next version gets improved even better.

Why did you not like the Samsung's OneUI? I feel that it has improved vastly, and it also is fluid and has great customization options as well. It does have a few Samsung apps that are not necessarily needed due to Google already having it's own versions, but they are not bad and work really well.

I thought people would shy away from Samsung for the concern of slow OS upgrade, but not necessarily for having bad OS.

Having said that, my 6T was my first OnePlus phone and before using it, I could not understand what the fuss was about with Oxygen OS. Now I know and appreciate it a lot!

13. Shocky
    Honeycomb May 30, 2019

Shocky , May 30, 2019 :
    The display itself will use more power for 90hz, furthermore pushing any games at 90fps is going to push the hardware and cause even more battery drain as well as increased heat so it's a double edged sword really.

Honestly, given the nature of mobile devices, I don't think it's practical.

The primary camera is hard to judge given how rubbish their camera software is but it's clear the optical and wide-angle camera are pretty poor.

14. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 30, 2019

KeepTransisting , May 30, 2019 :
    Pathetic camera? Holy shit, you're kidding right? Pathetic? Have you actually used the camera? It's not the best in the world, but it's actually pretty damn good. Much of the problem is:

1) Many people have no idea whatsoever how to take a good picture
    2) People listen to the word of (ugh) youtubers who rush through reviews to get theirs out first for more clicks. Which results in them publishing reviews prior to any software enhancements.

Seriously, when people say a phone of this level has the worst camera they've ever used, they're either 100% full of shit, or they've never touched a budget phone with a real horrible camera

Neddard, mm86444, pablofg1978 and 2 others like this.
  15. farriola
    Cupcake May 30, 2019

16. kWix
    Eclair May 30, 2019

kWix , May 30, 2019 :
    It might be personal preference but I don't really like the way it looks (can't understand why the title of the app has to occupy half the screen in some cases, for example). But going away from how it looks, it is very important for me the way it feels. The first example that comes to mind is the navigation gestures which feel like a bad joke compared to the ones on OP. It's all the little things that make or break the experience and I've never been happier with anything other than OxygenOS.

Slow OS upgrades is also a big differentiator ... I've been using Android 9.0 for more than 3-4 months when my wife finally got the update.

Happy to see you finally understood what the fuss is about :D High five!

J1542606030006 likes this.
  17. Shocky
    Honeycomb May 30, 2019

Shocky , May 30, 2019 :
    I've probably watched every camera comparison on YouTube and amazing is not a word I would use to describe it.

But it could be the software letting it down, OnePlus are great at getting OS updates out quickly, but camera software itself is definitely not their speciality.

18. AbandonedTrolley
    Jelly Bean May 30, 2019

AbandonedTrolley , May 30, 2019 :
    Yep I can never move away from Nova regardless of what other launchers I try. So many good settings in Nova that I always find myself coming back or looking for them in other launchers only to find it doesn't exist.

19. vahdyx
    Gingerbread May 30, 2019

vahdyx , May 30, 2019 :
    Agreed, from simple things like organizing a folder alphabetically, to more complicated things, Nova takes care of it.

The biggest perk in my book is backup and restore. just backup upgrade to new phone, mindlessly have all my apps download, restore and tweak a little and done.

20. Grilled_Trout
    Gingerbread May 30, 2019

Grilled_Trout , May 30, 2019 :
    Ah... the OneUI gesture. Well, it works for me just as much as the Oxygen OS one. I also have Good Lock, and I can also gesture navigate from the side edges with even more options which make one-handed use much easier. But it is not for everyone. Oxygen OS gesture navigation is, on the other hand, more fun to use. My gripe though, is that it takes away the manual button that you can use to switch orientation when you want to. In OneUI, it still shows that button even when you are using gesture navigation.

Let's face it. Samsung is just bad at OS upgrades. They will have to step up their game in this matter. Even though they introduce their own unique features, sometimes before Google, it still does not look good when it takes them 6+ months to update. I believe the Note 9 came out right around the time of Pie release, and it took them that long to update to Pie. Go figure. At least they are good with security updates.

Why is it that, on Android Pie, Oxygen OS feels smoother and more responsive than the Pixel OS? :)