Is Oneplus the same anymore?? via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. prad1382
    Froyo Jun 12, 2021

prad1382 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 12, 2021 :
    Got Oneplus 8T couple of weeks ago and he'll lot of issues. Have sent it back for replacement, not sure how much time that would take. But have a made a mistake by buying Oneplus phone. I can see almost all of its models are having lot of issues after update to Android 11. I have been using Oneplus for many years but this is the worst phase and not much is being done to correct it. Should I have invested in some other brand???

SyamKG likes this.
  2. SyamKG
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 13, 2021

3. VipinKumar2691
    Donut Jun 14, 2021

4. Sheppards
    Jelly Bean Jun 14, 2021

Tokolozi, Arjun_Choudhry and Tobikage like this.
  5. GiorgiV
    Donut Jun 14, 2021

GiorgiV , Jun 14, 2021 :
    Definetly no, while it has good specs, still not recommended by many reviewers, consider also that it costs 699$ and there are many other good options such as add 30$ and go for s21 or Oneplus 9 / or get oneplus 8t which gets discounted to 550$ sometimes. OR just go on MI 11 which is in top 3 right now. (Personally, I got 8t and I'm pretty satisifed)

6. VipinKumar2691
    Donut Jun 14, 2021

VipinKumar2691 , via OnePlus 8T , Jun 14, 2021 :
    Bro here in India it costs around 41k roughly 580$. Hence said S20FE is a better option. Since its nly on of those few phonee wid snapdragon available here. S21 is wid exy so no point investing money onto that. Also the way oneplus has been managing things not sure even 9 series is something u should go for. Yes 8T is a gud option. But S20fe has more features as compared to oneplus.

N1622826272941 likes this.
  7. GiorgiV
    Donut Jun 14, 2021

GiorgiV , Jun 14, 2021 :
    Well last time I heard from ppl they claimed it to have system problem, while components (ram,chips etc, etc) were pretty good, additionally never go to Exynos, 20% slower than snpdragon 865, and welp honestly when I compare my mom's s20 snpdgn 12gb with my 8t; maaan oxygen os feels better than samsungs interface. And camera differences aren't that much noticeable as well. (S20 beats with night mode, but I like sharpness of 8t within recent updates)

8. VipinKumar2691
    Donut Jun 14, 2021

I do admit that oxy feels snappier than oneui. Bt at the same time onui has almost 10 times more customisations than oxy. Dats the thing.

Also i had a s20+ exy, a sh*t of device when it gets hot. Gaming was a big NO. But used this 20fe snap version of my friends, the dfrnce is real. Its just way better dan s20+ i had.

Had oxy given more customisations like the color os, it would have bee perfect. U just cant ignore the fact that oneui allows u to customize almost anything in the phone widout root, wid the help of good lock. Wished oneplus had brought such an app. U cant even get new fonts on oxy...dats lol

9. VipinKumar2691
    Donut Jun 14, 2021

Rest its subjective, as i have been using samsung since the Y series they launched back in 2011 i guess. OP6 was my first oneplus, later went back to sam due to lack of customisations in oxy. Later came back to 7T, coz i felt oneplus were better due to the exynos in sam. Had s20+ as second phone. Bt it was never upto the price. Device always had lags and hiccups. 2 months back got 8T for around 500$ from a local store with offers. Best value i blv. Yes i miss those sam good lock customisations a lot.

10. GiorgiV
    Donut Jun 14, 2021

GiorgiV , Jun 14, 2021 :
    Well, I agree costumization on samsung has been superior, but u see I prefer Google phones/oneplus since I like simplicity (welp I can't afford IPhone and don't like IOS restrictions as well). BUT Xiaomi's has it more or less on the same level. Honestly I'm willing to see 9T release and if they add auto stabilizer in camera which is sever falloff for that phone...

11. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Jun 14, 2021

Liehjan , Jun 14, 2021 :
    If you are looking at threads here about A11 it doesn't give you the whole picture... As here you will only see those who have issues. The ones that have working phone's don't post about it

Tokolozi and Arjun_Choudhry like this.
  12. VipinKumar2691
    Donut Jun 14, 2021

Yes I agree to the fact that those who would love a simplistic near stock experience, for them oneplus is just a perfect blend of stock and a clean UI.

9T will be superior to 8T/9R. I would like to see the theme store being introduced asap.

N1622826272941 likes this.
  13. prad1382
    Froyo Jun 15, 2021

prad1382 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 15, 2021 :
    Latest update: Since in UK oneplus do not have their own outlets they ask customer to send their phone to SBE third party vendor. After being promised that a REPLACEMENT ticket is raised and I will be getting a New device (as this one's barely 3 weeks old), now they say the SBE said the device reached to them in a damaged state (utter rubbish, as I have pics which I took before sending the device) and they say they are sending the same handset back again. So I invest money in phone which was supposed to be replaced and now has been damaged somehow and being returned to me 😩
    Also the so called SBE has a very secretive process their online tracker never works, infact oneplus support says that they are also not able to access it. Now you can realize how Oneplus is ruining their Hard earned reputation.

14. voltaire9
    Gingerbread Jun 16, 2021