Is OnePlus under a smear campaign?

?

Do you think OnePlus is under a smear campaign?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    61.8%
  1. decentralized
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2016

decentralized , Feb 24, 2016 :
    Well, in here, if anyone opens a new thread asking about taking the decision of buying an OPO or OP2, you notice that there are alot of people discouraging the original poster from buying. ALOT. And in the end they push you into buying nexus devices. This hasn't happened before huawei started producing a nexus device, and most of the recommendations include the Nexus 6P as the most superior device. Now we all know that every device including the Nexus 6P has it's fair share of bugs, and the OnePlus 2 is NOT the buggiest device ever or the biggest failure in handheld history. The same also goes for reddit when you comment on a post, you will see WAVES of people calling you an arrogant fanboy. Anyways, what are your opinions regarding this?

meatandy likes this.
  2. jkb114
    Lollipop Feb 24, 2016

jkb114 , Feb 24, 2016 :
    This is because some people on here are rather arrogant and think that just because they have had issues then everyone else has the same

3. nyzproof333
    KitKat Feb 24, 2016

nyzproof333 , Feb 24, 2016 :
    Their suggesting the 6P because it's arguably the best Android device to date.

4. NaterTots
    Jelly Bean Feb 24, 2016

NaterTots , Feb 24, 2016 :
    It's hard to argue with an easy RMA experience and CS that is actually available is good too.

I've not had any hardware issue's with my OnePlus phones, but that was a risk I knew I was taking.

I do wish I hadn't gone with the Op2 because of the lack of Development, due to Oneplus's use of proprietary code, and no NFC.

I'll admit I hoped to flip it when it arrived, but it didn't work out and I kept it. Oh well.

5. stefan_ddorf
    Jelly Bean Feb 24, 2016

stefan_ddorf , Feb 24, 2016 :
    Exactly.

6. simonlee.ca
    Honeycomb Feb 24, 2016

simonlee.ca , Feb 24, 2016 :
    It is because of the bold statements and sky high expectations that OP set. Coupling with some serious and somewhat embarrassing issues, it disappointed many. People are not shy to share their experience and sometimes add their emotion. Bad customer support and PR just add fuel on fire.

7. pjbailey78
    Froyo Feb 24, 2016

pjbailey78 , Feb 24, 2016 :
    When you want to attract new customers, then let them down through processing issues and a lack of customer support, this will sour any public growth of opinion. I am one such disappointed individual, and I've not even received my OP2 yet!

zaphod-beeblebrox likes this.
  8. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Feb 24, 2016

9. Adityaf
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 24, 2016

Adityaf , Feb 24, 2016 :
    Ummm. Yes. Kind of. I've currently stopped recommending opt for new user's instead i tell them to go with opx if they want design and awesome looks. Or n6p for better software updates.

Frankly speaking smartphone scenario is not changing. And oneplus two has issues of hardware(Fingerprint scanner, USB type c) and software both.

Though software bugs can be neglected but what about hardware? And there is some lag not that significant but it's present.

I'll suggest oneplus two again if it delivers good marshmallow update. Or else ill tell them to wait for one plus three.

Hope someone from oneplus is listening. @Adam Lacombe

10. rplowman
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2016

rplowman , Feb 24, 2016 :
    I've had the OPO and now the OPT. The OPO was a great phone, The OPT on the other hand does not measure up. Unless something drastic happens with the M update I'm going to ditch One Plus never to return I will go back to Samsung or try the Nexus

NaterTots likes this.
  11. sfomin
    Nougat Feb 24, 2016

nyzproof333, meatandy and NaterTots like this.
  12. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Feb 24, 2016

zaphod-beeblebrox , Feb 24, 2016 :
    OP seems to be doing a pretty good job of destroying itself with its poor service. No point blaming the people doing the complaining. Who is going to author a compliment if they are being messed about. Fixing the reasons for the complaints would be a good thing to do. Unfortunately OP dont seem to realise the true cost of poor service yet.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016

eye842 and meatandy like this.
  13. SoniaB
    Head Moderator; Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Feb 24, 2016

SoniaB , Feb 24, 2016 :
    Who is this dude^^?? He was last seen in September 2015 so I am pretty sure he ain't listening. o_O

@decentralized - I would not call it a 'smear campaign'. When you read some of the threads here there are users facing genuine issues with their devices or going through some unnecessary roadblocks with OnePlus CS. So of course, you will see more negative postings as these users want their voice to be heard and their issues to be recognized and coming on to the forum is one way of doing that. Not recommending OnePlus or speaking unfavourably of them is a by product of the consumer experience they have had.

nyzproof333, eye842, Luke-S and 5 others like this.
  14. sfomin
    Nougat Feb 24, 2016

sfomin , Feb 24, 2016 :
    lmao @Adam Lacombe :D

Adityaf, NaterTots, meatandy and 2 others like this.
  15. SoniaB
    Head Moderator; Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Feb 24, 2016

nyzproof333, eye842, Adityaf and 4 others like this.
  16. Tobikage
    Nougat Feb 24, 2016

17. sfomin
    Nougat Feb 24, 2016

Adityaf, NaterTots and SoniaB like this.
  18. Tobikage
    Nougat Feb 24, 2016

Tobikage , Feb 24, 2016 :
    If someone can spend enough money to get a N6P , why SETTLE for a OP2 ?? If you want to save money , buy a OPO instead :rolleyes:

zaphod-beeblebrox and SoniaB like this.
  19. Tobikage
    Nougat Feb 24, 2016

eye842, gmanphx, abechung and 4 others like this.
  20. sfomin
    Nougat Feb 24, 2016