Is RCS on the Oneplus 5T?

1. Xenomorph5354
    Donut Apr 25, 2018

Xenomorph5354 , Apr 25, 2018 :
    I'm using the OnePlus 5T and I don't have the RCS option even though I'm on a RCS support Carrier I'm also using Google messages SMS app which supports RCS

2. CosmoKramer70
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2018

CosmoKramer70 , Apr 26, 2018 :
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/rcs-support.822547/#post-18197127

RCS will be a google thing and when they are ready to release they will through their messenger app which, its not yet updated to support RCS. it will but defintiely not yet. if you google your question you'll find out more information on when it will be released.
    furthermore it also depends on your carrier as well they have to actually enable it on their network as well.
    RCS has nothing to do with OnePlus, its us just waiting on Google to officially release it and our carriers to support it.

3. Xenomorph5354
    Donut Apr 26, 2018

Xenomorph5354 , Apr 26, 2018 :
    ok I know RCS is enabled on my carrier and on my old phone which is a Motorola X 2nd Gen I have the RCS option in the Android messages app

4. CosmoKramer70
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2018

have you tried clearing the cache from the app?

5. Xenomorph5354
    Donut Apr 26, 2018

Xenomorph5354 , Apr 26, 2018 :
    I have just cleared the cache from the app and the option for RCS isn't popping up

6. CosmoKramer70
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2018

what about through recovery? usually fixes a lot of issues.

7. brian.sedore
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 28, 2018

brian.sedore , Jul 28, 2018 :
    Searching through the forums, it doesn't seem anyone with a 5/5T has it working, even on a carrier where their previous phone had it working. Unless that has changed, it doesn't look like the OP5/5T are RCS supported or enabled, which is a bummer since it looks like a pretty awesome feature.

8. ryanthelion
    Froyo Aug 15, 2018

ryanthelion , Aug 15, 2018 :
    Yes it is an awesome feature. It was working great on my last phone, a Moto X2... Doesn't work on my previous OP5T nor my current OP6, same carrier as before. My wife and I are on shared plan and it works for her, Huawei P10.

From what I've read, OnePlus is not on the list of recognized smartphone manufactures. Whether this is a Google thing or an ISP thing, I'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if ISPs only allow the functionality for devices they sell which holds true for my old X2 and my wife's P10. Alternatively, if it's a Google thing that could explain why on my Google Music Account under registered devices my OP phones show up in the "Other Devices" list rather than "Smartphones" list like my Moto X2 and Nexus devices before that.

I have my fingers crossed that because OP are enrolled in Project Treble that they will get cleared for RCS soon, but as I said above, wouldn't be surprised if it's an ISP switch and only for devices they sell.

I search the forums monthly looking for some semblance of an update!! But I won't hold my breath.

borft likes this.
  9. brian.sedore
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 23, 2018

brian.sedore , Oct 23, 2018 :
    It looks like the 5 and 5T might be the only phones to not have the feature. Users with the 6 just reported.the other day that it was enabled for them. Looking through the forums, I can't find any user who has it enabled yet.

10. kermex
    Honeycomb Oct 23, 2018