Is the main camera sensor the same? 9 Pro to 10 Pro? via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. JoeRodge
    Donut Jan 16, 2022

JoeRodge , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 16, 2022 :
    I can't seem to see anywhere that the main camera sensor is a new sensor. Heck, is the telephoto the same one also? just looks like it has new camera features. Am I missing something?

I'm a super fan, I like the newest Pro each year. This one seems almost pointless? This seems like what the 9T should have been.

You can talk about raw+ and calibration all day. But if it's the same sensors this just is just software...

Mr. BG likes this.
  2. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 16, 2022

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Jan 16, 2022 :
    Possible differences in lens stacking and the built in ISP in the SoC can make a difference.
    I upgrade every year, but with a yearly upgrade plan. I pay 50% of the value and return it. If it were not for that I would probably not upgrade every year.
    Sometimes the step up is not all that big for upgrading every year.

RacerZ likes this.
  3. Mr. BG
    Welcoming Expert, Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Jan 16, 2022

Mr. BG , Jan 16, 2022 :
    The main sensor is the same Sony sensor, camerawise it's not much of an upgrade.

You could even argue it's a downgrade in the camera department, the ultra wide is a cheaper Samsung, if you like a bit of fisheye effect it's nice.

I agree it's not much of an upgrade really, maybe pointless indeed as there seem to be heating problems with the Snapdragon 8 series 1

But especially when compared directly to the 9 Pro, it's not worth the upgrade.

RacerZ likes this.
  4. JoeRodge
    Donut Jan 16, 2022

5. RacerZ
    Lollipop Jan 16, 2022

RacerZ , Jan 16, 2022 :
    If you have a 9 like me, it might be worth upgrading just for the OIS and telephoto lens. Not to mention faster updates.

Aaron2017 likes this.
  6. JoeRodge
    Donut Jan 17, 2022

JoeRodge , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 17, 2022 :
    I just don't get the point of the phone, honestly. I was really looking forward to a better camera system. It's literally branded by Hasselblad. I hope the U.S. version is upgraded or we won't be seeing many sales.

7. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 17, 2022

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 17, 2022 :
    Yepp. It depends on what you have and your priorities.
    Faster updates is always nice. But the backside is with that you may get "new device" glitches on top of the the new OS issues. I happen to like being more "bleeding edge" so I don't really mind, but it could be a factor to include.

8. JoeRodge
    Donut Jan 18, 2022