Is the OnePlus 10 Pro for you?

1. F_Kenneth_Brooks_Sr._rkB , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 14, 2022 :
    I'd love to make the upgrade. I started my journey with the 3T, then the 5, the 6T and now the 7 Pro. My favorite of course is the 7 Pro because its just a cool phone with the disappearing selfie camera. For me the battery life is acceptable and I've never had any issues with it lasting the whole day, besides the 30 Watt charger is always there to juice it back up to full power. I'm intrigued with the 10 Pros camera array and the photos are of iPhone quality. Given the opportunity I'm going to put my money on the OnePlus 10. Can't wait for the release to North America.

yuvalnes, Bouncer71 and Sylphos like this.
  2. SobinZz
    KitKat Jan 14, 2022

YO3INQ likes this.
  3. YO3INQ
    Eclair Jan 14, 2022

4. jjmoney333 , via OnePlus 9 Winter Mist , Jan 14, 2022 :
    I just switched about 3 weeks ago to the OnePlus 9. I had been a Samsung user for the past 7yrs and was reluctant to change . But so far I am loving this phone so I'll probably sit the 10 out and upgrade when they come out with the 11😊

Trephs likes this.
  5. Ananthu6
    Froyo Jan 14, 2022

Ananthu6 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 14, 2022 :
    No
    1 currently i don't like the back design of 10 pro
    2 i have 8 pro 12gb so i don't think k need to upgrade to new phone for few years .... Unless OnePlus and oxygen 2.0 messes up the UI and cause more problems than good
    3 camera look let's be realistic we normal person (non photographer or traveling ) don't use there camera all that often...... The camera is one place that OnePlus still needs to improve.....let me give an example.....if we add a gcam mod to an OnePlus the photo looks drastically different
    4 charging isn't a issue for me even if it would take an hour to reach full charge..... Because fast charging will cause many after effects on long-term..... This is very important to a person like me who have or plans to use a phone for 7 years or more.
    5 OnePlus introduce a feature but then remove it on next big update or please add the feature to turn it off completely by us user's
    One question for everyone here can you turn off the scout option in OnePlus 8 pro ?.... Plz tell me how .... Thankyou 😊

Nbalugas likes this.
  6. Optimus_Prime_07
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Jan 14, 2022

7. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Jan 14, 2022

Tobikage , Jan 14, 2022 :
    But...unlike OnePlus....The pop up camera on mine still works...

Shailender Sharma, Mr. BG and SJBoss like this.
  8. Antonio_Luis
    The Lab² - Oclean X Pro Elite Reviewer Jan 14, 2022

Nipu_1998, YRJ, Cheetosdust and 2 others like this.
  9. EyeGiveZeroFox
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2022

EyeGiveZeroFox , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 14, 2022 :
    History and experience with smartphones;
    I have had OnePlus 3T, 5T, 6T, 8 Pro (albeit briefly), and 9 pro.
    I ALWAYS have two phones because I have three sim cards (UK🇬🇧, Spain🇪🇦 or Italy🇮🇹, and USA🇺🇸).
    I have also had at various times Samsung S3 (I'm old), iPhone 5, Samsung J5, iPhone 8 plus, and Xiaomi Mi 9, usually alongside a OnePlus Phone.
    I have had a "play around" with some of my friends' phones too, such as Oppo Find X2, Realme GT, Xiaomi Mi 11 ultra, Huawei P30 pro, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 pro max, Samsung S20 FE.
    Present:
    In 2022, I use my OnePlus 9 Pro as my daily driver and use my OnePlus 6T for work and my US sim card. It's the first time that both of my phones are OnePlus, and I must say, before "Oxygen" OS 12 (ColorOS with a few red number ones), I was very happy.
    Why might I consider upgrading to OnePlus 10 Pro:
    6T IS OLD: Whilst my OnePlus 6T is probably tied with my OnePlus 3T for "All Time Best Phone I Have Ever Had" allowing for the technology available at the time, it is a sad fact that my lovely OnePlus 6T has seen better days 💔.
    My OnePlus 9 Pro is absolutely fine though, and so a question I would need to ask myself is whether to relegate my 9 Pro to my secondary phone and get a 2022 flagship, to get another past flagship as my secondary phone and keep the 9 Pro as my DD, or get a flagship killer to replace my 6T and keep the 9 Pro as my DD. Another option could be to grab an iPhone in order to have a device in both eco systems.
    If I were to upgrade to the OnePlus 10 Pro, most upgrades over the 9 pro would be mostly incremental. The processor is faster, granted, but otherwise I see a slightly better screen, slightly faster charging and what else? Internally, not very much.
    LOOKS/STATUS: However, I will say that the OP 10 Pro is a very handsome phone. It has clearly taken a little inspiration from Samsung's "Ultra" phones (which is fine; OneUI have taken LOADS of ideas from older OxygenOS versions) and I like it slightly more than my OP9 Pro in terms of looks. Perhaps the green one would look good alongside my OnePlus 9 Pro.
    And for all the hype about "pulling an iPhone out of your pocket" being a status symbol, I really do find that having a top quality Android phone has a similar effect. And I have to say that the OP 10 Pro looks like a top quality Android phone. If girls see you with a high end Android phone, they think "technology nerd", which means "intelligent".
    CAMERA: I would also like to point out, and I feel strongly about this, I think the camera on OnePlus' top phones has improved massively in recent years. I will be honest and say that I used Gcam on my OnePlus 6T, but on the 8 Pro and 9 Pro, the camera has been mostly adequate and I have not neede Gcam. It cannot compete with Samsung for zoom, and it is close but not quite beating iPhone 12/13 PM or Google Pixel 6 Pro for processing. Nonetheless, I have taken some fantastic photos of various monuments in Italy and Spain, Skyscrapers in England and USA, and castles in Wales. In many cases, I feel that I have my brother's iPhone beaten.
    OnePlus' flagship phones DO NOT have a bad camera, no matter what the iSheep say.
    Why I may hesitate to upgrade to OP 10 Pro:
    CAMERA: Staying with the camera, it is disappointing that the zoom capabilities have not received an upgrade this year, especially because the zoom/ telephoto has been observed by many critics to be the main weakness of the overall camera experience for 2-3 years now.
    Whilst I have a strong distaste for the Oppo Find X2 Pro and it's ColorOS, its one saving grace would surely be the zoom. Also, the S21 Ultra has incredible zoom capabilities. Even Google Pixel 6 Pro has the OnePlus 9 pro well beaten for zoom, and I am a little sad to see that OnePlus has not reacted to this.
    I have also read that the Ultra Wide lens this year is a downgrade from the 9 Pro. I believe that software is more important than hardware (iPhone STILL use 12mp lenses) but that is a little worrying considering OnePlus' tendency to be a little bipolar with camera software (oversaturated on OP 8 Pro then washed out on early Software for OP 9 Pro).
    PRICE: As previously mentioned, for the most part the OP 10 Pro is an incremental upgrade over the 9 Pro, or even the 8 Pro. Considering this, and considering that a OP 9 Pro could be bought for significantly less money than a 10 Pro and would be about 80-90% as good, it's difficult to justify spending an extra $200-300.
    WIRELESS CHARGING IS THE SAME: I bought a OnePlus wireless charger and I will never buy a phone that does not support wireless charging again. However, whilst wired charging is faster on the 10 Pro, wireless charging is the same. This is fine for me, as it is beautifully fast already, but once again I am left asking "what am I paying an extra few hundred dollars/Euros/pounds for?"
    AND MOST IMPORTANTLY... SOFTWARE: I could forgive all of the other reasons to not buy a 10 Pro (and buy one). But I'm sorry, the "new" ColorOS based OxygenOS is absolutely awful. I felt like I had traded my Flagship OnePlus 9 Pro for a Redmi or a cheap Oppo when I installed Android 12. I don't want to offend the community, but I rolled back to OxygenOS 11 because ColorOS was just not OnePlus.
    It is not smooth, it is not fast, it is not burdenless, and it is absolutely not reliable.
    Everything now has more unnecessary steps:
    Remove app from screen, "are you sure?"
    Hidden apps previously; swipe up, swipe left, finger reader, you're in. Hidden apps now: swipe up, scroll down, settings, privacy, hidden apps draw, story of your life...
    More stupid, unnecessary messages:
    Close all apps "Your phone is at its best". AND IT DOESN'T EVEN CLOSE ALL APPS!!!! What is the point of this totally unnecessary message?
    CONCLUSION:
    The 10 Pro was a tempting proposition, and even with a few negatives to consider (camera hardware etc), I may have been seduced.
    But I think 99.99% of the OnePlus community and most professional reviewers and critics are in unanimous agreement that the direction in which the software is going does not meet the expectations of a community that is "Pro Android", mostly Anti iPhone and aficionados of "Stock" Android.
    I don't want to feel like I have a "poor man's iPhone" when I pick up my phone. This is what Xiaomi, Redmi, Honor and Oppo feel like.
    I want to pick up my phone and feel like I have a top quality PROUDLY ANDROID phone, like Google Pixel, (Older) OnePlus and even Samsung (a little too bloated but has its own identity, not a "typical Chinese Android trying to be iPhone" skin).
    In Summary, I want to stay with OnePlus after all these years, I want to continue. But OnePlus is not OnePlus in its present form.
    Oppo is a is changing it into something else. And even with the whole world telling Oppo that "this is a not a good idea", they are still not listening.
    We'll have to see what this "New Operating System" turns out to be. But the OnePlus community are generally well educated in technology and so (Oppo) writing/sayinf a load of nonsense and false promises and then doing something different is not going to be swallowed or accepted.
    Final word: Give me a stock Android style experience and I'll gladly buy a OP 10 Pro. The fast charging, including wireless charging is incredibly useful, the camera is good and the screen is great. I am talking about OP9 Pro, and so the 10 Pro would theoretically be even better. And there is also brand loyalty. I love OnePlus and I am proud to be in this community. But Oppo have changed it I to everything that OnePlus has always stood in opposition to. I suggest you reevaluate this.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022

10. serjburlak
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2022

serjburlak , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 14, 2022 :
    Я надеюсь что One Plus 10 Pro достанется тому кому он реально больше всех нужен. Для человека который любит качественные фото и видео, так чтобы в новом году стать немного счастливей. OnePlus дари только радость людям )

11. Royal_RJ
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 14, 2022

Royal_RJ , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 14, 2022 :
    Never I didn't go with this because yet OnePlus developers are not able to fix bug's and issue's in their devices. After 6 month Google launch Android 13 and OnePlus developers are serving to find the bug's and issue's in their past device's and busy to make new device.
    Yet they are not able to fix Android 11 & 12. If i buy this device and not able to use it smoothly then this is the waist of money.

12. kouzelnik3
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 14, 2022

13. C1550072224588
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2022

14. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean Jan 14, 2022

RacerZ, atenaa and Cheetosdust like this.
  15. Bhaskar243
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2022

Bhaskar243 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 14, 2022 :
    Using 9 pro from 5th April everything is fine except two things one is Heating and another is software if these two things are solved in 10 pro than I am going to buy it

16. mario_luigi
    Jelly Bean Jan 14, 2022

X1592759870816 likes this.
  17. A1611201280056
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2022

X1592759870816 likes this.
  18. philos64
    Community Hero 2020 Jan 14, 2022

philos64 , Jan 14, 2022 :
    Well done @Cheetosdust
    Excellent information with members participating and giving feedback based on their smartphones (thanks to @razzor228 @YRJ @PritishPriyam @BobbyV8_ @suhantm)

For my part, I arrived at OnePlus, with the purchase of my OP 7T, I hesitated for the Pro version, but the 256Gb version was not available. So it's the OP 7T that has been with me since mid 2020.

The OP 9Pro, had made me the eye, but I told myself that I should wait a little more, moreover the price really slowed me down. And then the mix between OOS 12 and Color OS12 is not yet well finalized and there is still a lot of work to do for a clean and stable version. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the devs will get there quickly so that OP 9 owners can take full advantage of it (@Helder_DAlmeida , @BetiK @RacerZ and all the others).

As for the camera and Hasselbad's participation, I didn't have the opportunity to test it, but I would have really liked to take some pictures with it. When I see some of the pictures made with the 9Pro, I think they are really great. I like to take pictures, but with my OP7T, their are nothing like those taken with a 9Pro.

So YES, I am interested in the 10 Pro, YES, I want to test this version of OOS 12, YES, I want to test the camera with HASSELBAD, but the price tag leaves me on the side of the road :oops: and I will have to wait before I can move up in the range.
    And I like my OP 7T in Open Beta 5 version, still :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022

YRJ, RacerZ, atenaa and 7 others like this.
  19. E1597954342734
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2022

20. _Suraj_Singh_
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2022

_Suraj_Singh_ , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 14, 2022 :
    I'm hearing a lot about heating in OnePlus 10 pro, of it could include liquid cooling or some resolution to it, it would be a great phone for me. My whole family uses only OnePlus product and I expect OnePlus to get better and better.