Is the OnePlus 10 Pro for you?

1. Hammad1234
    Froyo Jan 14, 2022

2. Mr. BG
    Welcoming Expert, Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Jan 14, 2022

Mr. BG , Jan 14, 2022 :
    Interesting to read the different considerations for upgrading, we all have our reasons, and it's up to one self to validate their arguments for it.

I would like to address the argument of lagging/slowing down. In general a top tier SOC from 3-4 years ago should not be laggy.

Usually it's the software, and I recommend people to back up all the data, do a full reset and set up from scratch, I have a rock solid method for that in my signature.

It honestly makes a device fly again, I recently helped a friend revising his OPO, and you won't believe how fast it still is..

As for camera performance, for many older models the Gcam can be had, and bless them, Camera FV-5 has been totally revamped after many years of neglect, I can recommend.

TL;DR, first do some early spring cleaning, after that, decide if you need to spend your savings on a new device.

As for me personally, ever since the OPX there have only been no compact phones.

So I'm not even considering a Oneplus phone as long as they are wider than 70mm, because that's uncomfortable to hold for me. The Pixel 4a I have fits my needs perfectly.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022

Adinia, rhyd1am, RacerZ and 6 others like this.
  3. Cheetosdust
    Moderator, Content Coordinator Moderator Writers' Club Jan 14, 2022

Cheetosdust , Jan 14, 2022 :
    I really like the design and I do believe it's going to be a solid device. I think OnePlus needs to get the cameras and the pricing right, but so far, I am liking what I am seeing. ;)

I was going to ask you this before. Remove the price from the equation, which device from 2022 do you think it'll be the best one? And from 2021? ;)

The prices for China sound promising, but we cannot make a direct conversion. Hopefully you'll like the official prices here in Portugal. :)

I am also really curious to check the reviews, especially the one from MrMobile. I truly feel he's one of the most unbiased reviewers out there.

So far, we only know the details for the Chinese market.

4. AryanUpadhayay
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2022

5. Trephs
    Donut Jan 14, 2022

Trephs , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 14, 2022 :
    Changing from 9 Pro to 10 Pro makes very little sense for me as I appreciate 9 Pro ultrawide of which there is a downgrade in 10 Pro (jn1 sensor).

6. BetiK
    Jelly Bean Jan 14, 2022

BetiK , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 14, 2022 :
    Congratulations @Cheetosdust for the provocation that brings the most sincere and useful opinions. I've been on a growth spurt on OnePlus since the 5T.

I did a lot of research before purchasing, so my attitude would be the same towards this new launch.
    After the 5T came the 7 Pro my first Pro. An excellent device. The flip camera was the differential that made me spend a fortune for it.
    Now I recently made another monster investment by buying the 9 Pro. Lured mainly by the cameras.
    I am a photographer all the time and nothing is better than having a camera on hand all the time.
    With the invitation to opine brought by dear @philos64 here I am to modestly say that considering what I've already talked about above, it's totally out of the question for me to make this change now.

I am only still testing the 9 Pro and investing the value that would be charged here is prohibitive now again because the currency taxes.

From my research I have seen comparisons between the new and the 9 Pro and in my opinion it is not a reason to switch. Few advances have been implemented. Sure, I liked the battery size and the super fast charger but I say that the 9 Pro in this regard left me super satisfied. 500 milliamperes is not a reason for me to switch, at least.
    The 9 Pro lasts all day and charging is absurdly fast. In the blink of an eye it's ready especially if it's only partially replenishing charge.

Summary: The 10 Pro seems to be a great smartphone for those who are on other earlier models. Especially photography lovers who will get a significant performance boost.
    Compared to the 9 Pro I don't see any major advantages.

Let's wait and see what is in store for us regarding the update to Android 12. Let's cross our fingers 🤞that we get a stable and really positive version.

Looking forward to hearing about the performance of the new device in daily use.

7. philos64
    Community Hero 2020 Jan 14, 2022

philos64 , Jan 14, 2022 :
    • I agree completly with you about point 1 - 2 & 3.
    • I downloaded the latest version of Gcam and I use it sometimes and I appreciate having the ability to use it. It's that you can't do it now with OP 9 and certainly with OP10, which I regret.
      This is a question I asked in the AMA OxygenOS 12.
    • I agree with those elements there as more and more people are taking pictures with their smartphones. But the problem is that upgrading the camera adds a certain price.
    • If we take the price point out of the equation, I'd happily test a foldable smartphone.
    • They should not be higher in France.
    • I look forward to his review so I can tell myself that this OP 10Pro is really worth it.
    Yes, indeed I wanted you to give your opinion dear BetiK, but mostly it was to mean that the OP 9 Pro had a huge need in solving all its bugs that are detrimental to the 9 series.
    Thanks for your explanation and opinions ;)

atenaa, RacerZ, BetiK and 5 others like this.
  8. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jan 14, 2022

SJBoss , Jan 14, 2022 :
    I'm a simple guy, I like simple and compact smartphones, I don't wanna see benchmarks and numbers. I want to see functionality.

I'd probably go with Pixel 6 (even though priced right, not available in my region) or iPhone 13 (few compromises, a bit getting used to the inferior OS and a price that kinda takes away the fun outta it.)

S21 is out because of cheap build and Exynos 2100.

It's a bit early for 2022 devices, but it's unlikely to change. S22 might pop up there, But that'd be it.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022

RacerZ and Nbalugas like this.
  9. THEOGE17
    Froyo Jan 14, 2022

Nbalugas and Mandeep Sran like this.
  10. Abhiram.a12
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2022

RacerZ and Nbalugas like this.
  11. Ryster
    Froyo Jan 14, 2022

12. ajmms1999
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2022

ajmms1999 , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 14, 2022 :
    Yeah ...
    I had OnePlus 3 since 2016 ... and he died at the end of 2020 .. Then I didn't have enough money so I had to buy Huawei Y6p .. And I think it's time to buy OnePlus 10 Pro .. Even though I don't have enough money yet 😭😢😩

13. atenaa
    Lollipop Jan 14, 2022

atenaa , Jan 14, 2022 :
    Since the phone's price will surely be more than a month salary for the average Portuguese, no I will not.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. Abhiram.a12
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2022

Abhiram.a12 , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 14, 2022 :
    Currently am using realme X7 Pro (11 months old).

It's good, from fast charging to smooth exp. Takes decent photos.

Battery life is definitely degrading and I can't help it but to live with it for the next 2 years.

The only thing stopping me from buying 1+ 10 Pro is my empty wallet.
    View attachment 1743105
    Hoping to see few contests that offers free 1+10 Pro unit 😂.

RacerZ and BetiK like this.
  15. tretinaj
    Donut Jan 14, 2022

tretinaj , via OnePlus 9 , Jan 14, 2022 :
    I think no, because I'm the EU customer and OP doesn't support us. I have OP 9 and I didn't receive OS 12 actualisation yet. Good bye OP.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022

16. Anshil Ashraf
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2022

AnonymousAnas and AdvJaydeep like this.
  17. obakesan
    The Lab² Reviewer - Insta360 GO 2 Jan 14, 2022

obakesan , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 14, 2022 :
    Let's be honest it's marginally better a 9 Pro. I bet you this was developed we w 9T Pro then they changed strategy at some point and re used it as a 10 Pro instead. Time will tell it it launches outside China and how much an upgrade it is or isn't.

gcocucci likes this.
  18. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Jan 14, 2022

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 14, 2022 :
    Specs look great on the OnePlus 10 Pro. But not this time round.
    Hardware wise, it's not enough of an upgrade over my current OnePlus 9 Pro. Might wait for OnePlus 11 or OnePlus 12 further down the line.
    OP 10 Pro would be a great upgrade over any previous OnePlus phone though, from 3 series to 8 series. 👍

19. BetiK
    Jelly Bean Jan 14, 2022

BetiK , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 14, 2022 :
    Good luck! You're among the millions who are waiting for it.

RacerZ, atenaa and Abhiram.a12 like this.
  20. srplive
    Froyo Jan 14, 2022