Is the OnePlus 2 a Flagship Killer?

?

Does the OnePlus 2 have the same flagship killing magic that the OnePlus 1 had?

1. Yes

23.6%
  2. No

76.4%
  1. _XVII_
    Honeycomb Sep 13, 2015

remedy likes this.
  2. Spectre_Nine
    Honeycomb Sep 13, 2015

Spectre_Nine , Sep 13, 2015 :
    I'm a couple is weeks in and absolutely love the phone so it's a Yes from me. It's true there are phones with better specs out there but that was also true of the OnePlus 1. It's the overall package and the price that make it such a brilliant phone.

For context, I regularly change phones and have either owned or had access to pretty much all the flagships over the last few years, yet I'm still really happy with the OnePlus 2. There are a few little bugs here and there but who can say they haven't had that with pretty much every other phone at launch?

3. Sltn29
    Eclair Sep 13, 2015

Sltn29 , Sep 13, 2015 :
    Unfortunately No such luck.

4. Tokolozi
    Nougat Sep 13, 2015

Tokolozi , Sep 13, 2015 :
    That suck, hopefully it gets better when the NA warehouses get stock.

Sltn29 likes this.
  5. TCA72883
    Eclair Sep 13, 2015

TCA72883 , Sep 13, 2015 :
    Interesting thanks for the information.

6. evil11204
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2015

evil11204 , Sep 13, 2015 :
    I give it a 100%

7. malidan
    Nougat Sep 13, 2015

malidan , Sep 13, 2015 :
    Lol that's my point exactly and the OP2 has non, and there is even more. Barebones is what the OP2 is .

Please dont mention the QHD nonsense, side by side the G4 display blew away the OP2 and everyone nies Samsung is the best.

I see you are eager to mention the Sony overheating, it's the same soc in the OP2 and people are saying the same.

Your the first person I have heard say the devices charges your in 2hrs, what from flat don't think so. The chargers the same are they? I think you need to check that.

G4 the worse of them all ? superior to the OP2 and still beat it in a speed challenge by 6 seconds.
    Flagships 1080p screens who? Sony, again.

And Lol , what theses devices lack that the Oneplus2 has. Get rid of the USB 2 with a fancy port, a switch lol, fp scanner, 4gb ram nothing else really.
    The funny thing is nobody would miss any of those 4 things, they are just gimmicks to catch the eye of the easily impressed.
    OH I missed the busted SOC.

You spoke a lot of garbage there with a little stretching and shortening of the truth in places.
    Like your phone but to compare it to the best is a joke, say that outside this forum and people will think your mad.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015

8. evil11204
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2015

evil11204 , Sep 13, 2015 :
    I'm totally agreed,only problem op BS too much

remedy and malidan like this.
  9. malidan
    Nougat Sep 13, 2015

malidan , Sep 13, 2015 :
    And the fans make feeble excuses for them.

remedy likes this.
  10. aenews
    KitKat Sep 13, 2015

aenews , Sep 13, 2015 :
    The LG G4 is worse than last-gen. The OP2 crushes the G4. Period. The OP2 throttles less than other Snapdragon 810 Phones. Period. The OP2 runs very cool. The existing throttling is too aggressive since the cooling is stellar. If they just adjust the throttling to be less aggressive it would throttle even less.

1. Superior Cooling System
    Other Snapdragon 810 Phones throttle far more than the OP2. It's pretty clear in GFXBench Testing. And the OP2 clearly has wiggle room. The other phones overheat in addition to throttling. Can't be solved with updates. Maybe buy a last-gen phone at a discount (i.e. Nexus 6) but the LG G4 and Moto X Style are even worse than last-gen. Buying a phone slower than last year's models is a bit extreme especially given the high price tags. They are good mid-range devices but too expensive.
    2. 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
    3. StyleSwap
    IMO the OP2 is most aesthetically pleasing flagship phone out there. Obviously a matter of opinion but StyleSwap is fantastic IMO.
    4. 3300mAh Battery
    Almost no other flagship phone has a larger battery.
    4. FingerPrint Scanner
    Yes I may not use it either. A good flagship phone should have niche features for differentiation.
    5. USB Type-C
    Definitely a convenience and probably going to be very big next year.
    6. Dual-SIM
    Can be very good if you pair an inexpensive data plan with an expensive data plan. Great for travelling since you can just pop in a second SIM.

Tell me one current-gen flagship that you think is better than the OP2. Not the LG G4 or Moto X Pure.

ButterFlYnez likes this.
  11. Ashwith
    Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2015

12. malidan
    Nougat Sep 13, 2015

malidan , Sep 13, 2015 :
    1.Style swap covers rofl

2.Battery, that yields below to average life

3.Dual sim, oh boy how many people do you think will really use this

4.OP2 Aesthetics, take a look at the S6E there are many phone that the OP2 looks like.

5.USB Type-C its 2.0, what are you going to use it for? its an inconvenience lol, its a joke.

And this is why you think the OP2 I worthy of mention along side the best, your reaching kid big time. Stop reading of the OP hymm sheet.

Exactly which of the last gen devices is better than the G4 and the Moto x Style? Seen as they score I the 50k's

The OP2 crushes the G4, period. Not for specs quality or speed, watch the OP2 get hammered out of sight. 26 seconds by the Note 5 and 5.5 by the G4 in a processing speed test.
    Then even with it 4gb or ram it still couldn't catch the G4 in multi tasking, the G4 actually increased the gap. No benchmarks to hide behind here lol.

That's what you get from a busted Soc.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015

13. RedNile
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2015

14. Tokolozi
    Nougat Sep 13, 2015

Tokolozi , Sep 13, 2015 :
    "taxes"

RedNile likes this.
  15. malidan
    Nougat Sep 13, 2015

malidan , Sep 13, 2015 :
    I didn't want you to miss how the OP2 did against the OPO

16. aenews
    KitKat Sep 13, 2015

aenews , Sep 13, 2015 :
    Just UI Lag due to the software. Has absolutely nothing to do with the SoC. I already told you. It throttles far less than other S810 Phones and still stays cool. Which means it has quite a bit of leeway regarding performance. The throttling can be reduced even further. And you're not making any sense here. The phone is probably cooler than the OPO in that Speed Test you linked or at least not significantly warmer. There's no throttling unless you exceed a certain temperature. The issue is clearly that they need to improve the software. I'm not that concerned. Not as if the OPO started out with zero software issues either. OnePlus released 3 OTA's already with bugfixes and improvements. If the lag issue has not already been reduced or eliminated, then it will likely be gone with the major update coming up within 1-2 weeks. Moreover, the development seems to be really amazing already. It's far better development than nearly any other flagship phone out there right now. Perfect for a Custom ROM user and ensures the phone will be well supported and optimized by the community for years to come.

Also, AnTuTu is a terrible benchmarking application especially when you are just looking at an overall score. 3DMark is also unreliable and inconsistent. You should look at Geekbench (CPU) and GFXBench (GPU).

And I did already say earlier. If you don't want deal with OnePlus then the Nexus 6 is a much better choice than the LG G4 and Moto X Style.

I never go by stock battery life reviews. On pretty much any Android phone, battery life can vary between updates or change drastically due to apps you have installed. I always root and use Greenify/Amplify in XPosed Mode to maximize idle battery life. IMO those apps are a necessity and should be installed on every device. My old S3 lasted 65-Days in Airplane Mode (Granted it has an extended battery) with around 30 Minutes SoT. Perhaps an extreme since it wasn't connected to WiFi, but I bet no device would last remotely that long otherwise. I keep data powered on 24-7 on my HTC One M7 and hardly any drain on idle. I digress. My point is that the OP2 has pretty much the largest capacity battery of any flagship and should outlast all other S810/Exynos 7420 Phones if you install Greenify/Amplify on all devices. In any case, the battery life on the OP2 is not that poor even out of the box, just has room for improvement.

You're complaining about a lack of USB 3.0 now? Is that even available on other flagship phones? Pretty sure everyone or almost everyone uses USB 2.0. Correct me if I'm wrong. You're really random in your complaints. This is not the first time you've referenced features only one or no flagship even has and are complaining that the OP2 cumulatively lacks those features.

Yes Dual-SIM can be very useful if you pair a cheap data plan with a cheap talk/text plan or travel and want to just pop in an international SIM. Yes not useful for all cases obviously but nice to have nonetheless. I think a lot of the features you have pointed out are not any more useful.

StyleSwap is the best thing since sliced cheese aesthetically to me. You have four great options to choose from and they all look great. Yes say what you will but the OP2 will look fantastic in this guy...
    [​IMG]

ButterFlYnez likes this.
  17. yash rawal
    Froyo Sep 13, 2015

yash rawal , Sep 13, 2015 :
    No not at all and dude just wait Xiaomi MI5 is coming by the the ending of this month and if till then dont stop there invite bullshit then they are going to suffer a lot and all the loyal OP fans i know you will criticize me but it is what it is you cant deny the truth according to all the specs leaked Xiaomi MI5 is far better than OPT in every sense and all disappointed people dont be disappointed MI5 is coming

18. yash rawal
    Froyo Sep 13, 2015

yash rawal , Sep 13, 2015 :
    No not at all and dude just wait Xiaomi MI5 is coming by the the ending of this month and if till then dont stop there invite bullshit then they are going to suffer a lot and i think u are a loyal OP fans i know you will criticize me but it is what it is you cant deny the truth according to all the specs leaked Xiaomi MI5 is far better than OPT in every sense and it will beat OPT and it should at least OP should know that customer are not fools and you cant just play with them and i have never seen any company who doesn't care about there own customer

19. ButterFlYnez
    Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2015

ButterFlYnez , Sep 13, 2015 :
    Thank you for taking the time to formulate that answer! :) I completely agree with you, IMHO that dude just likes to bash the OP2... No idea why, maybe he was pissed he didn't get an immediate invite or something? :confused:

aenews likes this.
  20. Spliffman
    KitKat Sep 13, 2015

Spliffman , Sep 13, 2015 :
    iPhone 6, 6plus, 6S- no micro SD, no quick charging. Samsung 6, 6edge, 6edge plus, Note 5- no micro SD either. All are 2015 top flagship phones.

aenews likes this.