Is the OnePlus 2 worth it?

?

Do you think the One Plus 2 is worth buying now?

1. Yes

30.2%
  2. No

69.8%
  1. mem101296 Donut Apr 8, 2016

mem101296, Apr 8, 2016 :
    So recently, after 2 years with the OnePlus One, my phone has come to it's death bed, where it isn't worth fixing anymore. Both the power and the volume rockers have become torn due to how many times I've replaced the screen (aftermarket ones aren't all that good), and now the antenna has become damaged. I really want to stick with OnePlus, I have had no issues with them, but I'm unsure if the OnePlus 2 is worth it.

What do you guys think? Please help me decide what to do.

2. lucifercipher Froyo Apr 8, 2016

lucifercipher, Apr 8, 2016 :
    Overall, OP2 is worth it. Some people don't like it but most do. Just like any other brand. What you can do is, visit a phone shop and check it out. See if you like the feel and operating performance. If you like it then buy it. I bought mine when it was released and take good care of it. Not a single scratch anywhere since I used Diztronic silicone case. Performance wise, it has never let me down.

Luke-S and Lingering like this.
  3. Lingering Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 8, 2016

laurenzo87 likes this.
  4. mem101296 Donut Apr 8, 2016

5. ariblaze Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2016

ariblaze, Apr 8, 2016 :
    you could have got all those answers by just using the forum search feature.

6. theapu Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2016

theapu, Apr 8, 2016 :
    If you had so much trouble with OnePlus one why do you want to stick with OnePlus?

7. mem101296 Donut Apr 8, 2016

mem101296, Apr 8, 2016 :
    The OPO lasted me a year and a half before I fell and broke the screen, it was user caused, not ware and tare.

lolreppeatlol and theapu like this.
  8. mem101296 Donut Apr 8, 2016

mem101296, Apr 8, 2016 :
    I apologize, I'm new to using this forum, I've done my reseach, I just want to here it from current owners,

lolreppeatlol likes this.
  9. lutti KitKat Apr 8, 2016

lutti, Apr 8, 2016 :
    OnePlus Two is still quite expensive so if you have the money just to throw around i'm sure it's a nice phone but i wouldn't expect too many upgrades from OnePlus One. I would suggest you wait a couple of months and get the Three if that's any good. You should also check what other chinese brands have to offer. I have seen some great looking deals over there.

Maheshbujji likes this.
  10. gaster KitKat Moderator Apr 8, 2016

Luke-S likes this.
  11. lolreppeatlol Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2016

12. Prateek Sarna Gingerbread Apr 8, 2016

Prateek Sarna, Apr 8, 2016 :
    Unless they fix their software, its not worth it. I feel the software is not doing justice to an otherwise great hardware(talking about specs like the choice of processor and 4gb of ram)

13. devendra.barhate Froyo Apr 8, 2016

devendra.barhate, Apr 8, 2016 :
    I have been using OP2 since Sep. 2015 and so far going good.
    It may feel little heavier for OPO users. Camera wise I feel OP2 is slightly better.
    For battery OPO is/was good probably the major factor could be CPU being used in OP2.

Overall I would say its good, though I suggest to wait(if you can) till OP3 comes out in coming months.

14. buddydave Honeycomb Apr 9, 2016

buddydave, Apr 9, 2016 :
    I would steer clear and get a nexus on the basis of good developer support and good warranty service from Google as they'll make sure you're never without a phone. Whereas with one plus you can be up to around 2 weeks or more with no phone.

chetan kumar r likes this.
  15. Ceasedd Marshmallow Apr 9, 2016

Ceasedd, Apr 9, 2016 :
    Yes.Go for it.

Luke-S likes this.
  16. Maheshbujji Honeycomb Apr 9, 2016

Luke-S likes this.
  17. zehar.salem Honeycomb Apr 9, 2016

zehar.salem, Apr 9, 2016 :
    If you can wait 2 or 3 months for the release of the OP3; better wait and check.
    If the OP3 isn't that good or too expensive, the OP2 will probably have a price cut.
    Already, at 345$ it's a bargain at a lower price it would be better.

The only down side is the battery drain. It should improve with official OOS 3.0.

If you can't wait go for it, it's totally worth it.

18. Luke-S Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 9, 2016

Luke-S, Apr 9, 2016 :
    I've never has issues with the software, although I only started using it in December so 2.2.0 and above. There wasn't any lag as such, just stutters in one game which is fixed in oxygen OS 3.0.0. Speaking of which if you haven't already tried it out, please do. It's worth it.

TheOneplusXEater likes this.
  19. malidan Marshmallow Apr 9, 2016

malidan, Apr 9, 2016 :
    Another is it worth it thread.
    If your not bothered about reliability and quality, then yeah.
    If the above statement carries any weight in your considerations then your in the wrong place.
    People keep asking this question, they then ignore negatives buy and then find out the negatives were correct and then moan.
    Buy in the knowledge the device is not subsidised so to attain the prices you can be sure of 2 things
    1. Stuff will be left out
    2. Top grade components are not being used.

chuckufarleys likes this.
  20. Maheshbujji Honeycomb Apr 9, 2016

Maheshbujji, Apr 9, 2016 :
    Silly question.... ok... no problem... give me 25k... i ll quite 4m der.... ha ha ha.... cool