Is the OnePlus 2 worth it?

?

Do you think the One Plus 2 is worth buying now?

1. Yes

30.2%
  2. No

69.8%
  1. nigelhealy
    KitKat Apr 9, 2016

nigelhealy , Apr 9, 2016 :
    What happened to the $50 one-off discount email I got months ago? They still doing it? Worked out OP2 at $300 then.

2. SergiuszJasper
    Honeycomb Apr 9, 2016

SergiuszJasper , Apr 9, 2016 :
    Yes its worth it , i got 2 op2's lol one had an incident got run over by my car and still works fine not a scratch but its bend with no broken glass so i use it as my experimental phone and mp3 player lol
    Love my op2 and now with the beta 3.0 its just awesome.

Aabrakadabra likes this.
  3. vinko1950
    Eclair Apr 10, 2016

vinko1950 , Apr 10, 2016 :
    well it is worth the upgrade, but I would suggest you to wait for OP3 since it's comming out actually pretty soon. :)

nilrb likes this.
  4. nilrb
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2016

nilrb , Apr 10, 2016 :
    But I am not banking on it!:p

5. magnamentis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 10, 2016

magnamentis , Apr 10, 2016 :
    because it was all about careless treatment of the phone, my OPO is like new and the OP2 seems to keep up with that level of build quality.

6. magnamentis

magnamentis , Apr 10, 2016 :
    if you have to stick with OOS i'd say choose samsung for nice features out of the box, if you are willing to mod your phone after your gusto the "2" is good value for money by now, while development started slowly and very limited.
    as per now i only wait for official CM13 because theat's the only way how i'll get my favourite kernel.

7. milkdude
    KitKat Apr 10, 2016

milkdude , Apr 10, 2016 :
    Well, I have a 1 and a 2. However if your unsure, just buy another OP1, it's cheaper and you know what to expect.
    As far as the OP2, it's a nice phone, I haven't had any issues, other than wanting some better control over the sound.

8. Aabrakadabra

Aabrakadabra , Apr 10, 2016 :
    Wait for OP3 which is juz around the corner...or go for mi5...fabulous phone !!!

9. demongokul

10. cedalone
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2016

cedalone , Apr 10, 2016 :
    Maybe you should wait and see for OP3 before buying....but today it's worth it imo.

11. Orava
    Cupcake Apr 10, 2016

12. keenez

keenez , Apr 10, 2016 :
    I was considering the OP2 as well but now I'm just waiting for the OP3.

13. hendrickchan
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2016

hendrickchan , Apr 10, 2016 :
    The Phone itself is great. As long as you don't expect a Nexus, you'll be fine. I'm rather worried on the direction on the company though. Seems that they've lost focus, spending way too much time on useless gimmicks and believing way too much in themselves on their initial success of the OPO. OPT isn't as great as the OPO was, but it's still a good phone.

chetan kumar r likes this.
  14. keenez

keenez , Apr 10, 2016 :
    I think they recognized the OPT was just an average phone and they've made statements that they wanted that "wow" factor back in the OP3.

15. Multiplatform Gamer

Multiplatform Gamer , Apr 10, 2016 :
    well i tested the device two times: in september 2015 and in january 2016 and my experience has been OK. not great but OK. Oxygen OS based on lollipop lack smoothness. I heard marshmallow fixed the performance issues but i can't confirm since i don't have the oneplus 2 anymore because i replaced it with an lg g4 running marshmallow. I do have a Oneplus X as a secondary device but i haven't touched it since two weeks now as my g4 is fast as hell and the battery life is way better too.

16. hendrickchan
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2016

hendrickchan , Apr 10, 2016 :
    I think they thought they had enough brand power to launch a mediocre product and people would still gobble it up, but OPT sales were below expectations. It's obvious with the lauch of the OPX, they thought looks is good enough to make a good phone. Let's hope they've learned their mistakes and do a great job on the OP3. I love the principles OP was all about when they burst into the scene two years ago, I hope they stick to it.

17. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2016

Jamesst20 , Apr 10, 2016 :
    OxygenOS used to be terrible in the time I owned one (in August) but now it could have improved. I believe the Fingerprint sensitivity is also fixed. Another good point is that custom ROMs now have the capability to use the Fingerprint scanner. Unsure if they have the laser autofocus working though.

Otherwise, specs wise it's a good phone and I never had any troubles with the battery

18. rexron
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2016

rexron , Apr 10, 2016 :
    Hardware-wise it's a very good phone for it's price, but the software dragged the whole experience down. I remember being fed up with stuttering and switched to h2. Now that oxygen team polished the software, it feels like this is the os oneplus 2 should've shipped with.

19. nilrb
    Jelly Bean Apr 11, 2016

nilrb , Apr 11, 2016 :
    Now a days, nobody has time to learn; they simply decide & OP has already decided what will be there in OP3.:p
    We can only hope for expectations optimised!!:rolleyes:

20. rattles
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 11, 2016

rattles , Apr 11, 2016 :
    even as a person who goes out of his way to convince people NOT to give their money to OnePlus, i have to admit that OOS 3.0 is pretty nice and fixes MOST of the issues that i had with 2.2.2. the device is much faster, no lag as far as i can tell and even the fingerprint reader is WAY WAY better now. if you can get it for a good price, its a pretty good buy right now as long as you understand the following:

1) the phone comes with no warranty
    2) Updates will take a long time
    3) you will have to solve your own issues if you encounter any bugs