Is the OnePlus 5 really worth it?

1. G_Alvaro_Gutierrez_Lokw
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2017

2. skullngv
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2017

skullngv , Jul 18, 2017 :
    guys I have used almost all the oneplus phones . to be honest the oneplus team has improved their OS far better in the coming years . first of all jelly effect is seen (minimal) when you scroll up and down continuously. the problem is the jelly effect news has been embedded in our mind from other news sources and first thing we do is we check the jelly effect once we buy the oneplus phone and even a small difference makes us feel that there is something wrong with the phone. under a normal usage I don't see any effect .later camera is really good and I think with few small tweaks the quality can really improve with later updates . we should not feel that we r using our phone as a DSLR camera , rather a phone with a camera for our day to day usage .

3. G_Sean_Matthews_spDb
    Donut Jul 18, 2017

4. Rajvez
    Gingerbread Jul 18, 2017

Rajvez , Jul 18, 2017 :
    All I do is ,take my dslr to take nice photos. OP5 can take decent photos for normal occasion . I use headphones and bluetooth speaker to listen music. Phone speaker is also decent enough for normal use , I don't expect Dolby,dts quality audio from Mobile phones . Comparing to other phones is absolutely personal.....so for the decent price with high end function, this phone is awesome for me. And btw I'm big fan of stock Android...so another plus point for me. You can return op5 and get colourful bloated phone for more price

5. zany13
    Froyo Jul 18, 2017

zany13 , Jul 18, 2017 :
    My phone doesn't have any battery drain issues. Also, I got some amazon USB type C cables, and I plug the USB A into my laptop and it charges the phone on normal speed. There are actually 3 speeds of charge, slow, normal and dash.

The normal speed charge is actually very fast.

6. zany13
    Froyo Jul 18, 2017

zany13 , Jul 18, 2017 :
    The sound is quite loud from these speakers. Its much louder than the note 3. You are right, for this price to get a powerful phone like this, you cant ask for more.

Rajvez likes this.
  7. Bernrod84
    Eclair Jul 18, 2017

Bernrod84 , Jul 18, 2017 :
    you can get a Google Pixel XL, and you'll see a big difference. I've got both, besides the speed, I can tell that I like the pixel XL much more.

8. F_Samyak_Jain_VFPs
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2017

9. Russquatch
    Eclair Jul 18, 2017

Russquatch , Jul 18, 2017 :
    If these are issues that you are seeing and are disappointed with now, then maybe you should consider returning them and picking up a 1+ 3T. still great specs and a fast phone but cheaper than the 5.
    Maybe that would be more value for your situation.
    Good luck

10. Rahil_Arora
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2017

11. DracoSura
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 18, 2017

12. F_Alen_Philip_MZdg
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2017

13. andy8894
    Eclair Jul 18, 2017

andy8894 , Jul 18, 2017 :
    The screen placement on OP5 is not the same as on OP3 or 3T. The screen is placed with upside down (180 degree rotated). That's why you won't notice the jelly effect while using the phone upside down.
    I think jelly effect looks good and give normal scrolling a bit of attractiveness. But in some devices it's very bad should be replaced. Other than that it's the same.
    If you are too much annoyed but the effect then there are some apps to change the screen setting and will rotate the screen content by 180, to remove jelly effect.

14. cymric
    Eclair Jul 18, 2017

cymric , Jul 18, 2017 :
    I think everything has to looked in relation with price. At this price point you are getting an awesome device. And any product like phones, camera get better and better after the initial launch when the company slowly and steadily told out software updates fixing user grievances.
    If you remember when the iPhones portrait mode was in beta for a long time and you works OnePlus to nail it on the first go ?
    If you are unhappy with hardware issues which will remain, then you should return the phone, otherwise you can be sure small bugs like ambient display, app closing etc etc will be squached.

SM

15. ervin55885
    Froyo Jul 18, 2017

16. ervin55885
    Froyo Jul 18, 2017

17. ramachinnam
    Froyo Jul 18, 2017

ramachinnam , Jul 18, 2017 :
    Before deciding whether it is worth or not. You need to know Pros and Cons of this Phone.

The Good:

• Snapdragon 835: It comes with advanced Octacore 10-nanometer design Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset. Combined with the 6GB (or 8GB for the 128GB variant) of RAM, it can not only render graphics faster but is also more battery efficient. The high amount of RAM will make sure that the device is able to keep more apps in the active memory, without the need to relaunch them. Plus the 10-nm chipset keeps the device cool, even when it’s charging.
    • Dual Camera: It comes with 16 MP +20 MP Dual Rear Camera and 8MP Front facing. The lens is made by sony and the rear camera aperture of f/1.7 and f/2.6 for the secondary camera. The telephoto lens offers up to 2x zoom.
    • Bluetooth 5.0: With the new Bluetooth 5.0, pairing and connecting to devices is a lot faster along with increased throughput. This is the second phone to come with this feature.
    • Dash Charge: The Dash Charge is capable of charging the phone from 0-60% in just 30 mins and that’s more than impressive.
    • Quick Pay: OnePlus 5 has tied up with PayTM and launched the Quick Pay feature in it for Indian consumers. Using this user can launch the PayTM quickly.
    The Bad:
    • Not Exactly 2X Zoom: OnePlus 5 features 2x lossless zoom and not optical zoom. The optical zoom is only at 1.6x while the remaining 0.4x is captured through the phone’s baked-in SmartCapture technology.
    • No OIS: Surely, a built-in stabilization technique ensures smooth and crisp pictures and videos, especially the videos. After all, you wouldn’t want your videos to comes out with a noticeable shake. However, on the OP5, the much-needed OIS is missing. So, in the case of low light photography, you might end up with a grainy or a blurry image in the absence of the physical stabilization techniques.
    • No IP68 Protection: You have to be a bit extra vigilant with the OnePlus 5 since it’s not water resistant or dust proof. So even an accidental fall in water might be enough to land it in a service center.
    • USB 2.0 Cable: When most of the new flagships like the Google Pixel or the Samsung Galaxy S8 packs in the new USB-C 3.0 standard cable, the OnePlus 5 is still stuck with older version of USB-C 2.0. The USB-C 2.0 means a slower rate of data transfer.
    • No Universal Adapter: Though OnePlus’s Dash Charge is a boon for those who are looking for charging on the go, the OP Dash Charge adapter is a proprietary standard. If you lose it or forget to take it with you, you’ll have to manage with the slow charging. So, these were some of the pros and cons associated with the OnePlus 5. Now, let’s take a look at the pricing.
    References:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2017

Tommy6860 likes this.
  18. G_himanshu_ghanshani_Mzr
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2017

19. 27om1998
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2017

20. Rajat_Sharma_007
    Donut Jul 18, 2017