Is the OnePlus Nord frame made of plastic or metal?

1. Abhilash Aradhya , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 3, 2020 :
    _Masa_

Poco F2 Pro says hello!

Poco is sub brand of Xiaomi. Even MIUI optimised for Poco contains bloatware and ads. They make money from that. But for OnePlus, the only source of income is from their products. Oxygen OS is a driving force for many OnePlus's fans. Oxygen OS is known for its BS free skin. In the light of above discussion, even the software matters as much as the hardware. So does the user experience. I think you should reconsider if you planning to buy Poco instead of OnePlus. Ultimately, it's the experience that matters. If you insist on having a better build quality, it's your wish.

But don't regret after making a decision.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020

iamelton likes this.
  2. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2020

HarshKK14 , via OnePlus 7 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Glass on front and back, and plastic in between those two glasses. Though it didn't feel like plastic when I held it l. until and unless you carefully hold it to feel every bit of that phone, you won't even realise it's plastic

3. ashifashraf5
    Froyo Aug 3, 2020

ashifashraf5 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    It's definitely plastic

4. _Masa_
    Froyo Aug 3, 2020

_Masa_ , Aug 3, 2020 :
    You said "you can't expect a metal body with great specs"...

Poco F2 Pro has an all-metal body and superior Snapdragon 865 chipset.

Software comes down to preference, and many users enjoy MIUI.

5. Last edited: Aug 3, 2020

6. iamelton
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 3, 2020

iamelton , Aug 3, 2020 :
    those who enjoy MIUI are probably not going to be OnePlus, OxygenOS in particular, fans..

and vice versa..

7. _Masa_
    Froyo Aug 3, 2020

_Masa_ , Aug 3, 2020 :
    That still doesn't justify a plastic frame.

8. Abhilash Aradhya , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 3, 2020 :
    What's wrong in having a plastic frame. It has glass covering front and back. People cannot easily notice that it has a plastic frame.
    Be it plastic or metal, user experience doesn't change.
    So why do you complain about the frame.
    Clearly, frame has nothing to do with your experience. Although metal frame can provide better protection, it cannot provide better experience.

Coming to software, Oxygen OS is arguably the best Android skin. That gives you a better experience although it cannot provide better protection.

What do you prefer: Clean air or polluted air to breathe?

Oxygen OS is BS free.
    MIUI has lot of bloatware and ads.

If you're so fond of Poco why don't you join MI community instead of OnePlus community?

That way you'll be happy with your purchase and have like minded people and forums.

9. iamelton
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 3, 2020

iamelton , Aug 3, 2020 :
    i was not justifying any "feature" or "non-feature".. i was trying to tell you that some people just dont care (plastic or metal frame), given nord's price-performance-ratio..

obviously you do care, so theres no point to argue.. just difference in opinions..

10. Lnicoletti
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2020

Lnicoletti , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Bezels are made of plastic, retro is glass!

12. sceid
    Eclair Aug 3, 2020

sceid , Aug 3, 2020 :
    This.

13. Antonio_Luis
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2020

Antonio_Luis , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Based on Jerry rigs tear down video, it's coated, painted shiny. So the wear and tear on that is going to be interesting

14. zerosixteen
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2020

zerosixteen , via OnePlus 5T , Aug 3, 2020 :
    That's the spot you're wrong dude. Even after I got my 5T 3 years ago, my budget Redmi 2 prime still my primary phone for a week. Bypass the theme store and instal your own custom theme is the best part after rooting a MIUI phone.