35.4%
  2. No

64.6%
  1. Tobikage
    Nougat Aug 2, 2017

2. ivivdim
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2017

ivivdim , Aug 2, 2017 :
    It's funny how active in OP5 forum are many people that do not have the phone and the most amazing for me is that they don't search information here but are trying to explain to us (the phone owners) how the things are... Unbelievable!
    Dear haters, right now Oneplus 5 is in my hands and do believe me - this phone is GREAT!

3. SergiuXro
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2017

SergiuXro , Aug 2, 2017 :
    Op5 is their most successful smartphone. And one of the best smartphone in the world.

Hyped camera - yes.
    Jelly effect - overdrama.

4. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2017

Topper_Gas , Aug 2, 2017 :
    No it's an average phone with an average retail price, the OP3/3T was a great phone with a great/good price depending when the bought it. TBH the OP5 is not much of an upgrade on the 3T, OP should really have improved the screen, I wonder if they'll now do that for the 5T or wait for the 6.

5. sommersy
    KitKat Aug 2, 2017

sommersy , Aug 2, 2017 :
    For me, the OPT had a few major flaws, mainly :

- its weight and thickness
    - the SD 810, which i never really perceived as performing like a flagship processor should
    - its lack of NFC; whether you used it or not, it was always at the back of your mind, and was intensely connected with...
    - the ceaseless comparisons with the OPO: it was the all-parent of difficult second albums.

There was some good things about it, even if they were a bit superficial, like the removable back covers and how OOS looked on it. However, give me a choice between the 2 & the 3 and it'd be the 3 every time. Now the 5 is being held up to the 3/3T in the same way, and it may be getting the same treatment despite its good qualities. Maybe OP just has to accept their product cycle is just like that, i don't know for sure.

abdullaamori likes this.
  6. banditknight
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2017

banditknight , Aug 2, 2017 :
    Between fanboyism and hatred there's plenty of space. That's space for constructive criticism. What I do not really get is not allowing others to have their own views. If you like the device then good for you. Other still have right to think otherwise.

I own an OP5 (128GB/8GB) and previously I owned two OP devices. I did not return my device even though a little of jelly scrolling effect I can see sometimes.

And I think OP should be honest with the users that the f*d up with hardware design and that mistake led to the infamous jelly effect. It's obvious that at the very beginning they weren't aware that reversed screen refresh would result in weird scrolling effects. Only after XDA team figured out what's really the cause they released that shady statement about the effect being natural. Sure if your car engine is broken it is a natural effect it won't ride.

I am disappointed with their approach to resolving this issue and with their amateurishness when it comes to hardware design. To me it's obvious that part of the design was done by someone with pretty short experience in the industry.

Another issue is the camera. It was hyped as the main selling point of the device. And guess what? It is overall not really better that OP3's. In some scenarios it is worse. The only real improvement in my opinion is the portrait mode. And this mode I hardly use.
    I was hoping for much better general performance thanks to faster lens including low light. And that is no better that OP3's. Low light to me seems worse in OP5. It is too noisy, images too compressed, details lost.

I use my phone camera mainly for instagramming. My photos were even once featured in the Weekly Update on these forums. I know how to overcome some of mobile camera shortcomings but I was hoping I would not need to with OP5.

Improvements in other areas exist but again comparing to my previous OP3 they are not that visible in everyday use. And they do not justify increase in the price.

If I was to decide again whether or not to upgrade I would have stayed with my old OP3. It was taking pretty much the same quality photos, it was performing pretty much the same, it did not have weird scrolling "FX" and it did not require additional 549 EUR to be paid.

If you still want to call opinions like mine a hate then so be it. I only think OP5 did not live up to the expectations, hype and price increase. That's it. My opinion.

7. André_Oliveira_VWoL
    Eclair Aug 2, 2017

André_Oliveira_VWoL , Aug 2, 2017 :
    I see a lot of jealousy from the market. Let's be honest it is disrupting by 250€ giving you a awesome phone deluxe flagship. This margins in the end of millions are very problematic for the other companies.

let's be realistic the OP5 company resources are not the same as the OP2... I mean production chain can really do big damage on the other brands. and since his strategy is online marketing and selling word of mouth... big players are in trouble.

Just an opinion baseded on profits!

8. ivivdim
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2017

ivivdim , Aug 2, 2017 :
    Maybe you took my post personally - my indignation was directed to those that have never seen our phone but keep pretending to be most informed and competent about it. I know very well that like with ANY other product there are users with real problems, or just are disappointed (like you) and i respect their opinions. But when I see people that rely on information gathered by "an woman told me" method I'm getting a little upset, hope you'll understand my point.

9. allanj13
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2017

allanj13 , Aug 2, 2017 :
    From what you've spilled all the way in this thread, on can clearly see you're all those things you claim him to be.

Get a life dude

10. Nevabackdown
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2017

Nevabackdown , Aug 2, 2017 :
    Thanks , dilemma to buy OP5 starts here

11. F_Harsh_Ankur_dPOh
    Eclair Aug 2, 2017

F_Harsh_Ankur_dPOh , Aug 2, 2017 :
    People posting positive feedbacks on a forum will be far lesser than those posting negative ones as
    a. the formers are not looking for any solutions as their latter parts and hence are not gonna get anything out of their effort on actually writing a comment.
    b. the good things are already part of all the advertisement and hence, hardly anyone would be ok to leave a comment on the fluidity of the device or the build quality as all of that are already advertised and been reviewed over the internet.
    c. it's just human nature to talk about a crib than a goodie.

omez salman likes this.
  12. manolitovictoria
    Froyo Aug 2, 2017

13. 9qu
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2017

9qu , Aug 2, 2017 :
    compared to the 3/3t the op5 is a Flop..

Serbian Overlord likes this.
  14. AbhishekMalhotra
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2017

AbhishekMalhotra , Aug 3, 2017 :
    Again, bcuz of minor issues, I can't say its a flop... Just bcuz it resembles iPhone 7 Plus, many have said its a flop.... But I don't think so, and everyone has different opinion so I respect yours....

9qu likes this.
  15. olh69
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2017

olh69 , Aug 3, 2017 :
    I don't think so. OP5 is a commercial success and smooth than ever.

16. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Aug 3, 2017

Serbian Overlord , Aug 3, 2017 :
    Another newbie who thinks they got it all figured out.

17. allanj13
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2017

allanj13 , Aug 3, 2017 :
    one plus isn't the first android Mr. Know-all. Been using android way before when it started with the htc. Get a life.

yfan likes this.
  18. amandadam
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2017

amandadam , Aug 3, 2017 :
    Derp post.

19. Yearic
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2017

Yearic , Aug 3, 2017 :
    I owned an OP2 and liked it a lot. Others must have shared my affection for the OP2 because it was stolen after a few months. I now own a OP5 and like it a lot too. it's not as good as the S8 camera, but I'm also not paying all that money for an S8. I like the camera. I people who have been in my photos appreciate the clarity. furthermore... I like the finger scan on the front. I drive a lot and need to access my phone from time to time. The back side scan is dangerous and cumbersome. gps and maps drain my phone steadily...dash charging is awesome. I'm not a fan boy nor do I know much about phones. all the bells and whistles are.meaningless because I don't understand. it's fast and clear...good enough.

yfan likes this.
  20. G_Simon_Hooker_aiWf
    Honeycomb Aug 3, 2017

G_Simon_Hooker_aiWf , Aug 3, 2017 :
    I totally agree as I did exactly the same...

abdullaamori and banditknight like this.