Is the OPO camera that bad?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raja_gouda
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2014

raja_gouda , Sep 5, 2014 :
    Not yet tried on the low light but during the day time also I didn't see any issues

2. rtyee
    Eclair Sep 5, 2014

3. ReuyJ
    Froyo Sep 5, 2014

ReuyJ , Sep 5, 2014 :
    Sure the slow response will still not be as bad as Sony Xperia S, it was awfully slow anyway after which releasing an update firmware 6.2.B.1.96 was meant to improve this but did nothing. So if you used that i am sure it would seem fine comparably

4. badger1000
    Honeycomb Sep 6, 2014

badger1000 , Sep 6, 2014 :
    It's not very good, sometimes takes 5 seconds to take a pic, by that time the subject has moved. It also has the same problem as every other Android phone I've used and that's the flash. The aperture opening is out of sync with the flash, the flash goes off and the pic is taken as the flash goes out so the picture is dark even with flash. Happens all the time.

5. dorian tenace
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2014

dorian tenace , Sep 6, 2014 :
    absolutely not true, i filmed a short vid yesterday around a campfire, it captured everyones face in high detail without a problem, i could even focus on the campfire so that everything around it would be darker!

6. kazater
    Jelly Bean Sep 6, 2014

7. acwe
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 6, 2014

acwe , Sep 6, 2014 :
    the Oneplus Ones Camera performance seems to be a very personal thing. One person would call it fantastic while the next calls it mediocre.

You have to ask yourself the question.

Do I want to pay $400 for a camera that can be used as a phone, ~ if so you will probably be disappointed.

Or a Phone that can be used as a camera. ~ Then its fine for taking happy snaps, just don't expect to win any international photography awards with it.

[​IMG]

8. TigerXC
    Lollipop Sep 6, 2014

TigerXC , Sep 6, 2014 :
    Upon the little time I've had at handling it, it seems good.
    I'll test it some more.

9. 3rutu5

3rutu5 , Sep 6, 2014 :
    I think it is really good in the daylight, it helps to use the focus on items to sharpen the pic and fiddle with the shutter speed etc

10. 3rutu5

3rutu5 , Sep 6, 2014 :
    I agree, for photos to post on Facebook, Instagram or General pics it's great, if you're planning to sell your digital SLR and become a wedding photographer you're gunna have a bad time

acwe likes this.
  11. w3r3w0lfbs
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2014

w3r3w0lfbs , Sep 6, 2014 :
    Great comparison!

PLPeeters likes this.
  12. shastada

shastada , Sep 6, 2014 :
    I'm not a fan of the camera at all, seems slow to focus, slow to snap a picture. Definite downgrade from my old iPhone 5.

13. Sabdul
    Cupcake Sep 6, 2014

Sabdul , Sep 6, 2014 :
    All my indoor photos turned out bad and grainy. My Galaxy S4 takes much better pictures.
    This is the only thing I hate about my OPO besides of course the infamous yellow band.

sayem likes this.
  14. dgilford

dgilford , Sep 6, 2014 :
    Camera is good

15. rutierut
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2014

rutierut , Sep 6, 2014 :
    I had a M7 before to, the colors on the OPO are a little bit less vivid, but expecially with the great camera app the pictures and videos are great!

16. John j
    Jelly Bean Sep 6, 2014

John j , Sep 6, 2014 :
    If you like the nexus 5 camera then you won't notice any difference.

17. Isab3lla
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2014

Isab3lla , Sep 6, 2014 :
    I think it's great. the stabilization and the way it makes your photo lighter when you click on it to sharpen. I love it! One of the best features of the camera, aside from the batterylife.

18. Mahajnam
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2014

Mahajnam , Sep 6, 2014 :
    it depends on what you use your phone for, i like to take photos with my phone but i just never seem to complain about it,if i wanna take high res pics i just use a DSLR..

19. StinkySocky

20. EuroRSN
    Cupcake Sep 6, 2014

EuroRSN , Sep 6, 2014 :
    It's unrealistic to expect great photos in low light from a phone. That honestly goes for any camera phone available on the market today. The thing that distinguishes iso performance is the sensor size and as we know cell phones are all quite small to fit anything substantial. As a photographer, even some modern crop sensor dslrs still have relatively poor low light performance till this day. That's just the thing we have to accept :)

21. mwfontan
    Donut Sep 6, 2014

mwfontan , Sep 6, 2014 :
    Look

Look into other camera and photo editing software.