is the opo really better then iphone and samsung galaxy

1. newmad
    Honeycomb Aug 17, 2014

2. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Aug 17, 2014

n19htmare , Aug 17, 2014 :
    People who already have decent high end phones are not the ones jumping to the Oneplus. It's the people who have low end phones and they could finally afford a phone with high specs. These are the people jumping on this phone.

Basically, if you're coming for a high end device, the Oneplus will just be OK.

If you are upgrading from a shitty old phone, it's a huge upgrade.

I buy phones to try them out and I have no benefit from liking one over the other.

prempillai and Pat_01 like this.
  3. cooki3sanyday
    Jelly Bean Aug 17, 2014

cooki3sanyday , Aug 17, 2014 :
    Everyone else has different opinions. Can't blame them for it. I didn't tell my friends anything about it really. Only specs (like the 64gbs). Didn't really tell them the negatives.

Pat_01 likes this.
  4. josejorge21
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2014

5. 65daysofleon
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2014

65daysofleon , Aug 17, 2014 :
    SD card expansion: if you don't need constant access to this data, you could easily solve that with USB On-the-go. There are cables cheap and easily available that let you hook up an SD card or a USB flash drive.

I don't know if the other things you list are strengths or weaknesses for you in the OPO, but I can't say I have any complaints, other than a small complaint about the speakers. The quality of the speakers is fine, probably well above that of most phones, but I'm not liking the experience with the fact that they face the bottom. These speakers would be acceptable for watching shows/films or playing games (note: acceptable, not optimal, of course), if it weren't for the fact that it's hard to hold the One in landscape orientation without covering them up and muffling the sound. You have to force the palm of your hand to stay a bit off the edge - slightly uncomfortable position. Furthermore, sound coming mostly from the right (and mostly into your right ear) isn't a nice feeling either.

6. Kenz78
    KitKat Aug 17, 2014

Kenz78 , Aug 17, 2014 :
    Thanks for mentioning the software, I do agree that iOS is optimize for the hardware but not all, it only optimize to the latest iPhone. It tends to lag for latter iPhone. My iphone4 runs like shit after the iOS upgrade which my 3gs is better off without the iOS upgrade ( no more iOS support). But android seems to take lower spec hardware phone seriously with their project butter

7. jonahl613
    Eclair Aug 17, 2014

jonahl613 , Aug 17, 2014 :
    I would say, yes, definitely. The iPhone in my opinion is not that good and it doesn't run android. Galaxy is close to the one plus, but one plus is slightly better. You can read comparisons online probably. But more likely after they allow purchase without invites.

8. Zaski
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2014

Zaski , Aug 17, 2014 :
    The things I say are neither strenghts or weakness. The OP asked if it was "better". I replied that "better" is a concept that is different for different people, and so, I suggested to look for some things besides specs in order to judge by herself if the OPO was actually better. The points are just some of the many things you can observe in order to make that judgement ;)

9. emtykax
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2014

Attached Files:

aaron p likes this.
  10. dcmcc24
    KitKat Aug 17, 2014

dcmcc24 , Aug 17, 2014 :
    Yes, it's better.

aaron p likes this.
  11. shred
    Honeycomb Aug 17, 2014

shred , Aug 17, 2014 :
    IPhone is crap stuffed in gold lead paint covered cancer giving plastic.Samsung however is comparable.

aaron p likes this.
  12. Hijikata
    Honeycomb Aug 17, 2014

Hijikata , Aug 17, 2014 :
    I used both iPhone and samsung before...

A bit unfair if comparing OS to OS with iPhone.. both has its strength and weaknesses.

But if comparing to Samsung. I can say, at least from my experience trying with my friend's OPO, it's way better than Samsung. I cannot stand Touchwiz and something just feel odd with Samsung. heck even LG and HTC UI better than Samsung

My two cents

aaron p likes this.
  13. maurini
    Nougat Aug 17, 2014

maurini , Aug 17, 2014 :
    Cheaper that iPhone for sure...

14. dcmcc24
    KitKat Aug 17, 2014

dcmcc24 , Aug 17, 2014 :
    Iphone is the biggest rip off ever. I don't know why so many people love them. I've played around with them and felt so limited compared to Android. The apps are better, but quickly approving for Android.

Pat_01 likes this.
  15. j.gill
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2014

j.gill , Aug 17, 2014 :
    Having had the competitors phones over the last little while I have to say that the amount of bloatware on Samsung devices ruins them... Apple on the other hand, as much as people hate the 'closed eco system'(millions of things to do) it is miles better than Samsung. And IMO on par with nexus devices.nexus excels for the same reasons as OPO,price and performance. Two very valid reasons to be a top contender in this smartphone filled market.

16. SSPC
    Honeycomb Aug 17, 2014

SSPC , Aug 17, 2014 :
    Are you a believer? If yes, the OPO is the best there is. iPhone is just hype for the 1%.

aaron p likes this.
  17. edmiwa
    Donut Aug 17, 2014

18. waikit1125
    Donut Aug 17, 2014

waikit1125 , Aug 17, 2014 :
    Please define better, there are some pretty awesome pre-installed samsung only application and in the other hand alot shitty ones, all depends on how you use the phone, so you mean better as in?

19. aaron p
    Honeycomb Aug 17, 2014

aaron p , Aug 17, 2014 :
    after about a year of solid use my s3 is slowly shuting down like its not worth it to wait even till the upgrade

20. aaron p
    Honeycomb Aug 17, 2014

aaron p , Aug 17, 2014 :
    is the opo really that much ahead (like it has "all the software updates") of samsung and apples devices