Is the T-mobile edition supported on AT&T and other carriers?

1. cfaber
    Donut Dec 5, 2021

cfaber , Dec 5, 2021 :
    Hi,
    Is the T-Mobile edition of the 8T supported on AT&T and other carriers? Is the bootloader locked down or can it be unlocked?

2. cfaber
    Donut Dec 6, 2021

3. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Dec 6, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 6, 2021 :
    If you have an 8T purchased direct from T-Mobile you may need to contact them to get the bootloader unlocked.

It should work on AT&T, however like all US carriers where you bring your own phone and is not supplied by the carrier themselves, it can have issues
    Check these links for more information.
    https://www.androidcentral.com/how-switch-carriers-att-t-mobile-verizon-sprint

Reddit specific answers
    https://www.google.com/search?q=AT&...conDSIQrQIoBHoECAYQBQ&biw=412&bih=880&dpr=3.5

cfaber likes this.
  4. cfaber
    Donut Dec 6, 2021

cfaber , Dec 6, 2021 :
    Right I understand that if it's purchased under contract from T-mobile I may have issues getting the bootloader unlocked, but what about purchased directly from OP store?

Edit:

Excuse my bad manners, Thank you so much for helping me!

Caomhin likes this.
  5. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Dec 6, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 6, 2021 :
    It can still be locked to T-Mobile as OnePlus were selling the phone as part of a T-Mobile deal check with T-Mobile to be sure.

Vansh99 likes this.
  6. Vansh99
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Dec 6, 2021

Vansh99 , Dec 6, 2021 :
    T-Mobile variant being sold on the website is still T-Mobile locked. Once you purchase the device, you can ask T-Mobile to unlock it. However, they may have a requirement of having the phone on their network for at least 40 days (I had that issue). I would suggest contacting T-Mobile before making the purchase.

Caomhin likes this.