Is there a way to change the priority level of messages to high priority ?

1. justwondering
    Gingerbread Nov 12, 2019

justwondering , Nov 12, 2019 :
    I am using various apps and some notifications appear to just be normal but not high priority.

How can I set an app to be classed as high priority ?

2. ngydat
    KitKat Nov 12, 2019

ngydat , Nov 12, 2019 :
    long press on the app > app info > notifications > you press on the category you want to edit and for this category, simply put the notifications as "important"

justwondering likes this.
  3. justwondering
    Gingerbread Nov 12, 2019

WOW thank you , that also answered my next question as one of the options is , how do I make it show as a pop up on the screen, as some of my message apps do but some do not...PERFECT :)

4. justwondering
    Gingerbread Nov 12, 2019

Hmmm one app I use is k9, it used to pop up a banner when a message came in.... Looks like I have some how stopped that feature..

I have tried long press on all the k9 notifications settings and pop up banner does not show..

I've tried clearing cache and the messages are set to high priority... Any help please?

Would uninstalling and reinstall do the trick?

Or would that leave behind some old settings?

5. ngydat
    KitKat Nov 12, 2019

ngydat , Nov 12, 2019 :
    On that matter I'm afraid I won't be able to help as I have some apps whose notifications don't pop-up even though I set them right.

6. justwondering
    Gingerbread Nov 12, 2019

I've found a good app call headsup, all one word by arterm chepurnoy, it is free on the Google store and has pretty much fixed my issue, works well.