Is there a way to root amazon kindle fire ( 5th generation, 2015 ) ?

?

Do you think its worth buying it just to have because the price is so low ?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I'm here to see answers and results

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Alivethereality
    Jelly Bean Oct 28, 2015

Alivethereality , Oct 28, 2015 :
    Edit : Here is how you root your amazon kindle fire 7 ( 5th generation )

Thanks alot @IonRobinson for sharing this information with us

Hey there, i recently bought this baby and for its price its will be considered "okay" only if i will be able to do at least anything on the device.
    So to begin with my question is : Can you root this ? ( also unlock bootloader if possible ).
    Basically FireOS sucks and we all know it, but if there isn't any way to get a good custom ROM ( for now, later it will be available because this device is very new ), at least there has to be a way to root this device. ADB debugging is present.
    I've found many threads and sites leading to tutorials on how to root kindles but they are all old ones.
    It also gets very confusing with all those kindles, but i still couldn't find a good thread explaining how to root this particular device.
    I already installed google play store to at least be able to use this device at all because the amazon store doesn't even have freaking chrome browser...
    I also installed a different launcher which will make this not look so ugly, the only problem is i can't seem to be able to set default launcher without root.
    So everytime i click home button it will go back to the default launcher...

Also i want to know if you guys think it is worth the 50€ ( 60€ cuz i'm in germany ).
    I personally think that for this price you couldn't ask too much more then this, and if this will be rooted and unlocked bootloader with good custom ROM and kernel this will be awesome.
    When i bought this i though that even if it would be toooo bad i don't loose anything, but it turned out to be not bad at all.
    Although i wouldn't call it tablet, its more like a phablet ( the screen is tiny bit larger then from OPO's )

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015

nicstoun likes this.
  2. Lingering
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 28, 2015

Lingering , Oct 28, 2015 :
    XDA is the best place to loot. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2075959

3. anzi2001
    Jelly Bean Oct 28, 2015

anzi2001 , Oct 28, 2015 :
    Damn if yoi could root and flash custom recovery and android on it...damn i would get one of those just for tinkering around and get the best performance out of it :D also i could try developing some...damn now i want one :D

Alivethereality likes this.
  4. 0utblast
    Jelly Bean Oct 28, 2015

5. Alivethereality
    Jelly Bean Oct 28, 2015

[​IMG]

Don't think of me as a child fool, that's the first damn thing i did before even buying this thing
    All of those results are for other kindles

Indeed, and guess where have I checked first for this ?

Pff why you think i bought this ?
    It's not like i needed it, but for this price i'm not loosing anything
    Plus if my OPO discharges i won't go to the shitter alone anymore

I've already made it look like home, installed dock4droid, made it so if i swap from left side of whole screen it will function as home button but its a shortcut to my launcher ( because if i click home button it will redirect to crappy stock launcher )
    Installed music player, video player, games, just already loading it with crap i don't need
    Also luckily i got a old sd card from my old sony xperia x8 which i don't use

Edit : just an information, that when i installed the google play store i did it using adb push, which was an automated script but anyway... meaning that root or bootloader unlock will probably not take long, it just needs a good dev to optimize this baby up to the ***

anzi2001 likes this.
  6. anzi2001
    Jelly Bean Oct 28, 2015

Yeaahh daamn man whag kernel does it have 3.1, 3.4, 3.10? Looks damn awesome for developing :)

7. BassVity
    Jelly Bean Oct 28, 2015

8. Alivethereality
    Jelly Bean Oct 28, 2015

it looks like you are so pumped and excited that you type so fast and make those misspells xd
    about the kernel i don't know i can't find it anywhere

anzi2001 likes this.
  9. Nihat S.
    Donut Oct 28, 2015

10. anzi2001
    Jelly Bean Oct 28, 2015

Lol that too and i got a sprained wrist so i often make misspels :)

11. Alivethereality
    Jelly Bean Oct 29, 2015

Alivethereality , Oct 29, 2015 :
    I feel such a fool for double-tapping on this "tablet" and expecting it to work
    Can't wait for a custom ROM or something, apps are very laggy and wifi sometimes fails and has very poor connection
    Laggy as in LAG not LAG as in slow device
    It has something to do with wifi connection being poor all the time, other then that the device is smooth and fast, just internet connection is poor

12. NEELABH77
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2015

NEELABH77 , Oct 29, 2015 :
    root it by iPhone 6

13. Alivethereality
    Jelly Bean Nov 2, 2015

Alivethereality , Nov 2, 2015 :
    so nobody knows still ? i really need to root this thing, but still nothing on the internet
    there is a way to root the kindle fire 7 HD, but mine is kindle fire 7

14. IonRobinson
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2015

IonRobinson , Nov 2, 2015 :
    Since no one wants to answer the question that he asked... jeez... I made an account JUST to answer his quetion.
    http://www.rootjunky.com/amazon/amazon-fire-7in-5th-gen/

Its the last video on the page... You might want to do the 2nd video on the page first for installing the ADB. If you get an error when you try to install the adb saying that you can't install it then look for an already installed android device and use the ADB driver listed in there. They say you should see "Android Device" in the list. If look for another android Device, I used the one that said "SAMSUNG Android Device" (They are in alphabetical Order), Just watch the videos first and you'll see what I mean.

I just did this today.

15. Alivethereality
    Jelly Bean Nov 3, 2015

Alivethereality , Nov 3, 2015 :
    seriously was that so hard for others to do ?
    thank you very very very very much for your help i've been waiting and looking for this for quite some time, already have 2 of those tablets to root and i can't even create widgets on the freaking fire os launcher, neither on the apex launcher, it just doesn't let me do shit
    gonna try this out today and add your answer to the beginning of the thread for others to know
    thanks again