Is There Any app To lock mobile from hard reset and soft reset????

1. legendary_knight
    Gingerbread Nov 11, 2015

legendary_knight , Nov 11, 2015 :
    Hi,
    I just wanna protect my mobile from hard reset and soft reset incase of stolen. Since its customized Os . Is there any app or patch to do so like Cmos Or BIOS password for the system to prevent from unauthorized reboot attempt. I am just curious to knw that for any of the OS Cynaogen OR Oxygen is there any patch or app exist. Or will the OnePlus provide such feature?? if u knw any apps or patch can you guys let me knw. I just asked to avoid

2. demongokul
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 11, 2015

demongokul , Nov 11, 2015 :
    soft reset is going into phone's settings and then resetting. This isn't possible if you are using a screen lock like pattern, pin etc.. But hard reset is going through recovery and then resetting the phone. There is no recovery that comes with password protection, so not possible to stop it. There is also fastboot method to reset a phone. FYI replacing CMOS in pc isn't that hard too..

3. legendary_knight
    Gingerbread Nov 11, 2015

CMOS can be reset but BIOS lock is not that easy to reset. I just wanna knw is it possible since its custom OS will OnePlus or any custom OS will provide such thing when it comes advanced recovery ??

4. rikardo1979
    Community Veteran Nov 11, 2015

rikardo1979 , Nov 11, 2015 :
    nope, this can not be done.even if you lock your recovery you still not be able to lock fastboot.
    and with access to fastboot you can wipe and reflash whole device in few minutes.
    If device is stolen than you can report to police and they can block IMEI in your country, so device would not be of any use within country. Taking it abroad is different story

fenice likes this.
  5. legendary_knight
    Gingerbread Nov 11, 2015

But Its a long process in India and they will drag us like a hell okay bro thanks. I just thought there will be option like Bios Lock preventing from doing any changes to the OS :(

6. demongokul
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 11, 2015

demongokul , Nov 11, 2015 :
    No not possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!