is there Google play services in hydrogen os

1. _Shafi_
    Eclair Jun 21, 2019

_Shafi_ , Jun 21, 2019 :
    hi! I would like to know if I get a OnePlus 7 Chinese version with hydrogen os and use it in hk, will I be able to use Google play services like the play store, Google pay, Google drive and other Google apps?
    what is the main difference between hydrogen os and oxygen os?
    is there any difference in antenna bands?
    can I use HK SIM card on Chinese version OnePlus 7 and is there any limitations?
    can I download oxygen os on top of hydrogen os ?
    thx for your help![e]1f647[/e]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019

2. Android450
    Marshmallow Jun 21, 2019

Android450 , Jun 21, 2019 :
    1. No
    2. Lack of Google apps
    3. Probably not a significant difference if you plan to use it in Asia
    4. No idea, hope someone else can answer

Dresa91, Nick 59 and B_Wrath like this.
  3. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Jun 21, 2019

B_Wrath , Jun 21, 2019 :
    You are not talking to customer support.
    This is a user forum. Don't expect anyone to reply asap. That's just rude.

And answers are given above.

otto2 likes this.
  4. mudassarrauf
    Froyo Jun 21, 2019

mudassarrauf , Jun 21, 2019 :
    yes you use google play services its already installed ,,, just download and install google play app store and it will work like a charm...
    i don't find any difference expect oxygen has more language sports...
    i guess you can use it as long as you know which band of 3g and 4g your network support ... it must work ...
    yes you can easy change from hydrogen to oxygen os using only local update...

5. X1518156166026
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2019

X1518156166026 , Jul 2, 2019 :
    as a Chinese and hydrogen user, I can tell you that many people don't know the real hydrogen os. actually the hydrogen os does contain the Google service framework
    , all you need to do is installing the Google play store app, then you can find the Google icon in your settings. you can install all Google series apps through the play store.

and hydrogen os also have many unique functions for Chinese market, these functions can make your onseplus device easier to use.

hydrogen os are waiting for you to discover. please enjoy it!

mudassarrauf likes this.
  6. mudassarrauf
    Froyo Jul 2, 2019

mudassarrauf , Jul 2, 2019 :

X1518156166026

as a Chinese and hydrogen user, I can tell you that many people don't know the real hydrogen os. actually the hydrogen os does contain the Google service framework
    , all you need to do is installing the Google play store app, then you can find the Google icon in your settings. you can install all Google series apps through the play store.

and hydrogen os also have many unique functions for Chinese market, these functions can make your onseplus device easier to use.

hydrogen os are waiting for you to discover. please enjoy it!​

yes you are right , every thing works fine except the "ok Google " voice activation

7. RamiHazan
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2019

RamiHazan , Jul 7, 2019 :
    there friend if i buy device from taobao oneplus 7 netcom, it can work oversea in israel or usa with your simcard and bands fine ? also it can be modify hydrogen to Oxygen without a problem, the device can't bricked from this?

8. mudassarrauf
    Froyo Jul 8, 2019

mudassarrauf , Jul 8, 2019 :
    it can be modified to oxygen ... but I am not sure about netcom version ... better to buy non carrier ...
    for SIM card you can check which band width your country offer and which Chinese model offer .. if it's same then there won't be any problem ...

RamiHazan likes this.
  9. RamiHazan
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2019

RamiHazan , Jul 8, 2019 :
    dear friend thank you ,if the model is GM1900 i need install 9.5.6-GM57AA file into local update? have anyproblem to connect wifi ? now i with the phone in start page they ask me enter sim and connect wifi i need skip of this? to connect wifi or simcard can do problem before i will modify it to oxygen from hydrogen, or is not matter to connect wifi and sim card to put before install oxygen?, thank you for replay sir

10. mudassarrauf
    Froyo Jul 9, 2019

mudassarrauf , Jul 9, 2019 :
    it doesn't really matter ... in oneplus you can do local update from oxygen to hydrogen and vice versa as long as the update is of higher number .... you can update 9.5.6-GM57AA if the the version on your mobile is 9.5.5 or less ...

11. Ossama_Maksoud
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2019

Ossama_Maksoud , Jul 16, 2019 :

Hello there, how can i download the google play store app on Hydrogen OS? it is not even there when i search in Market. Thank you in advance