Is This Phone A Huge Fail?

1. ANONYMOOSE_82 Ice Cream Sandwich May 25, 2019

ANONYMOOSE_82, May 25, 2019 :
    I've got nothing negative to say about this phone, I've had it over a week now w and haven't had a single issue others have complained s about.

I can from the OnePlus 6T and would today recommend this phone. I love it. It's fast and smooth! Very responsive and camera is great imo. I'm not a pro so don't expect Pro pics anyways lol.

Really nice phone, hardware and software!

Pawcio62432 likes this.
  2. Greystealth Froyo May 25, 2019

Greystealth, May 25, 2019 :
    No issues here. If you want to talk about encountering issues and bugs, use a Samsung. This thing is the best Android I've ever used.

3. toastytoast1234 Marshmallow May 25, 2019

toastytoast1234, May 25, 2019 :
    I haven't bought one, never intended on buying one before release or since.

I haven't seen anything to change my mind one way or the other.

4. Shooper Eclair May 25, 2019

Shooper, May 25, 2019 :
    I'm loving the phone and have not seen the bugs that are being posted. I'm getting good battery life. I like the camera and think it's will be improved upon. It does need some improvement I agree. I'd buy it again in a second. And no I'm not just a brand promoter.

5. jimmmysil Honeycomb May 25, 2019

jimmmysil, May 25, 2019 :
    this phone is excellent. For that price tag I would like wireless charging to be present though. A bit pricey if you ask me but is a flagship phone and you can feel the quality it has in many sections. Build quality, screen quality, sound quality, camera quality and software quality. I have none of the issues other users mentioned. Definitely one of the best phones this year.

ANONYMOOSE_82 and jayb222 like this.
  6. jayb222 Gingerbread May 25, 2019

jayb222, May 25, 2019 :
    when people are happy they don't come to forums to spread love usually.

Pawcio62432 and Budruel like this.
  7. E1513091705018 Honeycomb May 25, 2019

8. E1513091705018 Honeycomb May 25, 2019

9. bpwest80 KitKat May 25, 2019

10. GatorDan Cupcake May 25, 2019

GatorDan, May 25, 2019 :
    The only issues I've had with mine are related to being on the Verizon network. Apparently Verizon doesn't support WiFi calling on the OP7P (at least not yet). They also aren't allowing the OP7P on their CDMA network even though the phone has radios that are compatible.

11. F_Lars_Dennert_NbST Gingerbread May 25, 2019

F_Lars_Dennert_NbST, May 25, 2019 :
    WiFi calling doesn't work on Verizon so I just use my Google voice number which does but I haven't been without signal. even with it being cdma less it works great. all other Verizon features work. WiFi sms works with Verizon messages. voicemail no problem

honestly the best phone I have ever owned. cameras are great, but then, I came from Motorola phones that are the worst cameras.

12. pdeminick Cupcake May 25, 2019

Pawcio62432 likes this.
  13. DB Stinnett Cupcake May 25, 2019

14. W1nd Gingerbread May 25, 2019

W1nd, May 25, 2019 :
    best android phone i ever used ..
    1st of all specs are best . speed is blazing fast silk smooth display . i m coming from note 9 and this phone is better in everyway .
    samsung phone comes with fhd+ display by default in setting . coz you wont notice a big difference in qhd and fhd+ mode so i tries my op7 pro with fhd + with 90hz and battery is almost 8 hr sot +
    and i m a youtube gamer so buying this phone is awesome for these specs .
    pubg with extreme frame rate runs buttery smooth . normal heating less than my note 9 and op6 t .
    this phone supports hdmi out so its also a welcome change by op.
    camera .. its better than op6t but i expect more from this setup coz camera hardware is very good software can be better .
    if you think price is high why not ? or go for op7 ?
    they have given a best screen with a best setup of hardware so 48k is a genuine price range for this it could have been better if it would be 3 4 k less..

ghost touch ? i didn't faced any of them yeah i can feel screen ia oversensitive though.

Shooper likes this.
  15. muellerman777 Donut May 25, 2019

muellerman777, May 25, 2019 :
    I got the phone on Wednesday. So just three days of usage. I got the one, two, and 3T.
    I cannot understand the complains about the camera. I think it is awesome. The 3T always had blurry pictures of moving objects. Now, I can take a picture of my dog running and it is sharp.
    Even the Zoom and wide angle camera are performing very well.

The only thing is, that my phone came without a pre applied screen protection. And the support just offered me a 10 Euro voucher for an upcoming glass protection,which I have to buy myself and the 10 Euro will for sure not be enough. That is disappointing.

But the phone is not.
    I have no issues so far except that I miss notification options. But I am sure that a software update will come.

My 3T just got Pie. And my mum is looking forward to change my old two model for the 3T. Don't know any manufactor, which did a pie update for such an old phone.

Keep up the good work, Oneplus. But improve your service.

Pawcio62432 likes this.
  16. Topper_Gas Jelly Bean May 25, 2019

17. Zwollywood038 Cupcake May 25, 2019

Zwollywood038, May 25, 2019 :
    the only issue i have is that the screen doesn't wake up with two taps, on my nightdesk next to my bed.
    The rest works well for me. I was an apple boy and oneplus 7 pro seems better than the iPhone 8 plus in all aspects. So far I have no regrets about switching to Android.

Last edited: May 25, 2019

18. Nick 59 Lollipop May 25, 2019

Nick 59, May 25, 2019 :
    When you are happy with any goods/services do you go out of your way to post positive comments?
    When you are unhappy do you post negative comments?

It is easy to get a false impression from a community forum because there will always be a (highly vocal) minority that are very quick to moan and criticise whereas MOST people do not bother to take to the internet to express their satisfaction.

19. G_plusone Marshmallow May 25, 2019

Zwollywood038 likes this.
  20. cas8180 Ice Cream Sandwich May 25, 2019

cas8180, May 25, 2019 :
    sold my op 6t in order to get the 7 pro. long story short after call quality, battery life and horrible camera quality I opened up a rma to send the 7 back. I bought a used op 6t from a guy on Craiglist. and all is good in the world again

I still have the op 7 I am debating on whether to send it back or not or try to hold out for software updates. but for me this is a very expensive luxury. for my money I expect things to work flawsly out of the box. Not come half baked and we have to pray our concerns will get resolved in a future update.

the 6t just seems like a more robust and stable device. paired with a good solid working gcam app and pictures come out amazing.