Is this the beginning of the end? via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Priyajit08
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2020

Priyajit08 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 27, 2020 :
    OnePlus started with this great moto of being the flagship killer, providing awesome specifications for the price it charged for, something unheard of in the industry. but I guess it didn't worked out so well economically (because community support was something OnePlus had from the very beginning) so It left it out for becoming a true flagship with faster and smoother and higher prices being the words printed in each box (and higher profits an I guess).

I am not abusing or blaming OnePlus for being a little greedy, after all they have added some really great things like 90 and now 120 Hz display refresh rate, faster memory and storage and what not. But it's now with the launch of OnePlus Nord (and after listening to the rumour of two more Nord phones) that I am starting to wonder that does OnePlus really care about the experience or is it becoming one more company that throws endless options to choose from in hope of you buy one.
    For a company that said its all about the customer experience,I certainly feel like churning out new phones like this will degrade the experience and brand value that was associated with OnePlus phones.

I have been a OnePlus user since the launch of OnePlus 3T , then have upgraded to my current 7Pro, I have also recommend many of my friends and relatives to buy OnePlus . I honestly believed OnePlus will be the iPhones for the Android world (in terms of user experience at least) and is distended to do great things and not get lost in this sea of Android phones, but now this is exactly what seems to be happening.

1603842617365.jpg

Shubham Raj Singh likes this.
  2. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Oct 27, 2020

3. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Oct 27, 2020

Bouncer71 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 27, 2020 :
    I sure hope that never happens...
    Please no Android iOS experience...

4. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Oct 28, 2020

Aditya Javadekar and Bouncer71 like this.
  5. Godfather 1
    Jelly Bean Oct 28, 2020

Godfather 1 , Oct 28, 2020 :
    The beginning is the end, and the end is the beginning...

Aditya Javadekar likes this.
  6. Brandon_Schuster , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 28, 2020 :
    They do seem to be shifting right now. I just started buying OnePlus with the 6T. Now have a Nord. I first heard of them from my roommate way back when the 1+1 came out.

One thing I haven't seen myself is the user guided experience. I'm a bit of a complainer because I see value in helping to improve something. But the forums seem to react badly to complaints. When it's really just honest feedback. What you have to say is just as important as praising a new feature.

I think you are right. If a company wins people by being always the best at the best price, the moment they stumble people will notice and call them out.

Maybe things will improve. Maybe

Priyajit08 likes this.