Is this true?

1. Mike
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 24, 2015

Mike , Aug 24, 2015 :
    See Mingyu's reply above. It's not random, it's just not telling you that the cable was out of stock (and you were not charged for it). The CS person has informed that the information they provided was incorrect.

tEf0o and jpswer like this.
  2. Dajode
    Gingerbread Aug 24, 2015

Dajode , Aug 24, 2015 :
    Oh you should see some of the nonsensical discussions I've had with Customer Support... worse yet if you ask more than 1 question per thread as they pick and choose which ones to answer.

Still, the techie I got for a scheduled remote session made even less sense - and then just disconnected the session when I questioned what she was trying say...

3. jakereed
    Gingerbread Aug 24, 2015

4. tushar.kakkar22
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 24, 2015

5. xcom
    Eclair Aug 24, 2015

xcom , Aug 24, 2015 :
    Thanks for the respond. You are right, The invoice shows that only two items where charged. But I am not buying the "bug" story... Let me tell you why... I have gone to the same item and had add it several times from different systems and guess what happens?!? It randomly puts in ether usb cable or power supply... I never puts in all 3 items. As a matter of fact the bundle cost is listed to reflect 2 items. I found this out after this whole ordeal... So to me its misleading and falsely advertise.

SoniaB likes this.
  6. Mingyu
    Security Team Staff Member Aug 25, 2015

Mingyu , Aug 25, 2015 :
    Could you send me a link or screenshot please? Cables are supposed to be sold out so if they're still showing up in bundles we'll have to fix that too. The bundle price is dynamic and reflects the price of available items - sorry about the confusion.

7. xcom
    Eclair Aug 25, 2015

xcom , Aug 25, 2015 :
    Nice to ask after you change the site...
    Now I can see the items and their availability where before I couldn't.
    Is not doing it now so you must have address what ever issue you had and its now clear to the customer what is it exactly what they are buying...

To bad someone had to be mislead for this to change.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Nnoitra and tEf0o like this.
  8. mba74566
    Eclair Aug 26, 2015

mba74566 , Aug 26, 2015 :
    Well that's dumb. I was thinking of ordering that bundle as well, but when I saw the whole "optional" reference and could find no way to select the "option" I wanted, I went a different route. For a company that is trying to be so different and customer-driven, this is very shoddy service indeed. :|

9. Nnoitra
    Cupcake Aug 26, 2015

Nnoitra , Aug 26, 2015 :
    Same thing just happened to me. When I bought the bundle a week ago, there was nothing apparent on the website indicating the data cable was not included and that it was optional. I mean, we're talking about a Power Bank Bundle here; how am I supposed to plug the phone without a data cable? I know I can buy a cheap one anywhere, but that is not the issue here (and, honestly, I have grown accostumed to the beautiful design of the whole charger + cable).

I have contacted Support because of other issues with this very bundle (they sent a UK charger instead of a EU one, when I was told by Support that I would get the EU charger), and while chatting with the staff, I realize I haven't received the data cable either. Now, I see the web page for the Power Bank Bundle has changed in the past few days, compared to when I bought it, so I am unable to prove how misleading that web page was.

I am pretty mad about this. Can some administrator please step up and make this right?

10. xcom
    Eclair Aug 26, 2015

xcom , Aug 26, 2015 :
    Good luck. I pretty much got no where, and is clear that I am not going to get a usb cable.
    And yes they change their site after the fact. Bad business model.

Nnoitra likes this.
  11. Nnoitra
    Cupcake Aug 26, 2015

Nnoitra , Aug 26, 2015 :
    Exactly. And I would love to get a glimpse at the previous web page for the power bank bundle. The simple fact of including the data cable on the picture, calling it a bundle, and then not including it in the package it's just plain wrong, and would not be acceptable in most countries.

Not cool, Oneplus, not cool.

12. vacs
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2015

13. tEf0o
    Jelly Bean Aug 27, 2015

14. AndersAHoeg
    Gingerbread Aug 27, 2015

15. condemned
    Gingerbread Aug 27, 2015

condemned , Aug 27, 2015 :
    LOL random? So its a lottery bundle?

Kind of like mmo lock boxes.
    "Oneplus Deluxe Lockbox 29.99$":
    Contains 1-5 reputation points and one of the following:
    1x usb cable
    1x charger
    1x plastic screen protector
    1x case
    5x oneplus stickers
    1x op2 invite
    1x op2 64gb phone
    1x opo 64gb phone

16. xcom
    Eclair Aug 28, 2015

17. xcom
    Eclair Aug 28, 2015

xcom , Aug 28, 2015 :
    You should work for OnePlus. :D

18. tEf0o
    Jelly Bean Aug 28, 2015

tEf0o , Aug 28, 2015 :
    I only use white cable as shorter and easyer to fit in pocket, also charges faster...

19. Nnoitra
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2015

Nnoitra , Aug 31, 2015 :
    @tEf0o Did you order the wall adapter as well as the data cable? Because if so, you're just messing with the rest of us who believe to have been mislead but by devious advertising on their previous web page for the Power Bank Bundle.

20. SimonFullerImagery
    Jelly Bean Aug 31, 2015

SimonFullerImagery , Aug 31, 2015 :
    He's too busy saying everything is flawless and great on twitter.