Is your SOT really all that bad?

1. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2018

elanglois , Jun 1, 2018 :
    Compare your SOT to what ZDNet has posted comparing different versions of iOS. This is all an Apple user can get??? I'd be MAD with iOS 10, but iOS11 ... I'd swear that the device was damaged. They wouldn't sell a phone like that would they? 90 minutes? Can't even watch one movie?
    [​IMG]

Android450 likes this.
  2. Max.Mar
    Jelly Bean Jun 1, 2018

Max.Mar , Jun 1, 2018 :
    Dude I don't understand the purpose of this thread?? Everybody knows iphones are shitt.. And you need a separate thread to tell this.

3. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2018

Apparently, it's to let you act like an *******

Nasib Kumar Sahu and Android450 like this.
  4. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jun 1, 2018

Alvie , Jun 1, 2018 :
    We need more context on how the phone was used during these 90 minutes. If it's pure intense applications then it could make sense, but if normal usage then holy crap that is bad

Android450 likes this.
  5. EliteExpression
    Eclair Jun 1, 2018

EliteExpression , Jun 1, 2018 :
    I don't even get why this is on a OnePlus community, there's not even a comparison between the 2

Max.Mar likes this.
  6. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2018

Ughh ... Really?

It's for all the dumb asses that ***** about 3 hours of SOT on Android. You can buy an iPhone and get 90 minutes. Its to compare your device to the leading alternate.

Granted, 3 hours sucks and you should get 6 easy, but it could be worse

Praty_28 and EliteExpression like this.
  7. lostLambda
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2018

Afzal Khan, [GG] and Android450 like this.
  8. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2018

The study is an average of multiple user ...

"We looked at a subset of 50,000 moderate to heavy iPhone and iPad users in our network running iOS 10 and iOS 11 to compare the average battery decay rate over the past three days." .... from https://www.wandera.com/ios-11-battery-drain/

Yeah, it's bad. The older iOS have them basically 4 hours, which I consider crappy iPhone battery life. And to make it worse, Apple ships a standard (not QuickCharge) charger with the device even though it supports QuickCharge.

OnePlus isn't doing too bad. My old OnePlus One still gets better battery life and its running great on 8.1 and charges fast even without official quickcharge.

Alvie likes this.
  9. Max.Mar
    Jelly Bean Jun 1, 2018

Max.Mar , Jun 1, 2018 :
    Mind it Mr. Just becoz you made this thread doesn't make it more interesting or knowledgeable. If there is someone else who start some thread like this then you would be the first one to stabbed him or her with the utmost brutal comments.

Don't think of yourself a hidden gem.. Most of us are well aware of who you are.

10. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2018

Don't give a rats ***. If people post rude comments, I will be rude right back, just like I will be to you.

The thread isn't yet ANOTHER lame *** thread talking about "battery drains fast and heating", "Give us FM Radio in next update", or "Camera is blur". I think quite a few people would find it amusing that an iPhone running "the good iOS" is dead in 4 hours, and the update drops that to 1.5 hours. Average total use 90 mins.

Sure, we all knew iOS was crap and we bought an Android, a GOOD Android. But, THAT crappy isn't general knowledge. And it least its not the redundant bullshit that we see day in and day out.

Next week I'll have two more ROM reviews. What are YOU contributing?

11. Max.Mar
    Jelly Bean Jun 1, 2018

Max.Mar , Jun 1, 2018 :
    Oh so now you are becoming an smart a$$ now trying to defend yourself in the name of your so called reviews..after sweeping off everyone else who got in the way. You are a pure form of idiot.

Aman Singh gurjar and Afzal Khan like this.
  12. Afzal Khan
    KitKat Jun 1, 2018

Afzal Khan , Jun 1, 2018 :
    Well..I can't be more agree to this but we should not stretch it. Let him do what he wants to do after all its an open forum and sometimes law broke by those who taught it to everyone.

Aman Singh gurjar and Max.Mar like this.
  13. izzykasha
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2018

izzykasha , Jun 1, 2018 :
    not enough context to really judge the graph so pretty pointless that's an OS not even the phones running it which could be some fairly old pieces of apple hardware with duff batteries running for 3-4 years.

I guess it's interesting for apple users to get concerned about .

it's in the right section I guess

All in all thread gets a 4/10 C- must try harder.

Have a great weekend I've just broken open the artisan gin

14. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2018

A link to the full study was posted later. The point is that it's not just any 1 particular device. This is an average of 50,000 iOS devices at a particular company.

15. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 4, 2018

malidan , Jun 4, 2018 :
    It just sounds like one of OP's ota's to me, maybe they should clear their caches .
    But seriously this article is all to vague for me, as said earlier there is no listing of what they tested.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018

izzykasha likes this.