[Issue] app updates removed after restart via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray

1. akhillad , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Mar 14, 2020 :
    facing this weird bug, where I update the hotstar and sony liv app from the play store. but when I restart the tv, the app is back to the old version and again an update is available in play store.

tried completely uninstalling both the apps and reinstalled, but still facing the same issue. on restart they are at the old version.

cleared play store data as well. still not resolved.

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Mar 14, 2020

Venky61 , Mar 14, 2020 :
    Hi,
    Most of the users are facing this issue too and after doing some troubleshooting methods, I understood that the TV is rolling back the App to the a very old update after every restart. I am presuming that as the Hotstar and Sony Liv are one of the Pre-Installed Apps, they are being somehow rolled back to the versions that come with the TV.
    I thought initially that this might be some Playstore issue but I manually updated the apps to newer version by side loading and with a restart they rolled back to the earlier existing App versions. It's like the OS is overwriting them with existing ones in update package. So surely an issue with the OS itself.
    @Catherine W. @Leon J. @Todd W. May please look into this issue.

akhillad likes this.
  4. suveerupadhyay
    Froyo Mar 15, 2020

suveerupadhyay , Mar 15, 2020 :
    Facing similar issue. It become worse after hotstar app updated recently which includes Disney. If I update app manually using google play store, it is updated and also app icon getting changed to new blue one but after restart, it is getting restored to previous state and NOT ABLE open app until I do manual update again. So every restart, I need to update HOTSTAR app manually to use it.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020

akhillad and Venky61 like this.
  5. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Mar 16, 2020

6. suveerupadhyay
    Froyo Mar 16, 2020

Venky61 likes this.
  7. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Mar 16, 2020

Venky61 , Mar 16, 2020 :
    Most welcome :) Also you can side load 3.2.5 version of Hotstar for the Disney's Hotstar if you are interested. It has Disney's logo too on the App icon ;)

8. Nandesh Mohan
    Eclair Mar 16, 2020

9. Catherine W.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member Mar 17, 2020

Catherine W. , Mar 17, 2020 :
    Thanks for your feedback,this issue will be solved in next update.

Venky61 likes this.
  10. suveerupadhyay
    Froyo Mar 17, 2020

suveerupadhyay , Mar 17, 2020 :
    Thanks Venky sharing the side load info. I have installed it and is working fine. Also I am protected with the issue of hotstar app getting to default version on TV power on, till the issue is fixed by OP team.

Venky61 likes this.
  11. W1576114472064
    Cupcake Mar 17, 2020

12. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Mar 17, 2020

Venky61 , Mar 17, 2020 :
    Hi,
    The issue of Hotstar reverting back to previous version has been reported here by other users too and the team confirmed that it will be resolved in next update. Till then keeping TV in sleep mode will help.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/issue-app-updates-removed-after-restart.1200282/
    Please use the search button in the forums to avoid duplicate threads...as it might have been already discussed.

Now what do you mean by Live TV channels not working? In Hotstar or DTH HDMI connection?
    If it's Hotstar, then it should work once you update.

13. superplus
    Lollipop Head Moderator Mar 17, 2020

superplus , Mar 17, 2020 :
    Hi, I've merged your thread with this related thread.

Venky61 likes this.
  14. W1576114472064
    Cupcake Mar 18, 2020

W1576114472064 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 18, 2020 :
    First i have searched this kind of issue but as you can see that the subject of this thread not mentioned any keyword like hotstar that is why i have not found any existing thread.
    And thanks for the reply

Venky61 likes this.
  15. Nandesh Mohan
    Eclair Mar 18, 2020

Nandesh Mohan , Mar 18, 2020 :
    I tried to side load hotstar 3.2.5 on tv but still the problem persists. After switch off the tv the app reversed back.

16. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Mar 18, 2020

Venky61 , Mar 18, 2020 :
    Hi,
    Installing 3.2.5 version was suggested to the user as he was interested in Disney, not as a solution.
    Sleep is the only way out for now... As generally the update is released every 2 months, we can expect the next update in April I guess that should solve the problem.
    Also keep the Auto Update Apps options 'ON' if possible for at least avoiding manual update for few instances.

17. Catherine W.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member Mar 19, 2020

Catherine W. , Mar 19, 2020 :
    Hi,the issue of Hotstar and SonyLiv show reverting back to previous version has been reported and we have solved it.
    What do you mean by live TV channel is not working?Please capture a video when you face it next time.thanks.

W1576114472064 and Venky61 like this.
  18. Nandesh Mohan
    Eclair Mar 22, 2020

Nandesh Mohan , Mar 22, 2020 :
    How it is solved?

19. suveerupadhyay
    Froyo Mar 22, 2020

suveerupadhyay , Mar 22, 2020 :
    I think what Catherine mean fix is available in next software update.

Catherine W. and Venky61 like this.
  20. Aman Biwalkar
    Froyo Mar 30, 2020

Aman Biwalkar , Mar 30, 2020 :
    I am having two problems with my Oneplus TV
    1. MX player TV application is always updating, even after updating the app various times, it continuously shows in the list of updates available in the google play store.

2. Hotstar app has almost the same issue, the app gets updated and works but then when I restart the TV or after some time of watching the TV the app goes back to the old version and stops working and then again starts showing in the list of available updates in the google play store. If I dont update it again it won't start. I have to do this update process everytime I want to watch HOTSTAR. Everytime I restart the tv this process needs to be done to watch hotstar. Really irritating.

Things I have done.
    - I have my TV updated to the latest version.
    - Trying to resolve the issue I have tried to disable and delete the updates, data, cache on MX player TV and then updating it, but it doesn't work.
    - Tried uninstalling Hotstar and reinstalling it but that too doesn't work.

Finally after all this I reset my TV and hoped it would work but it didn't.
    Still having the same issue.

I have made a video of it. If someone from oneplus contacts I can send it to them

violextro likes this.