Issue number 'infinity' on nord OnePlus - automatic change in brightness via OnePlus Nord

1. Vivekea
    Honeycomb Aug 8, 2020

Vivekea , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 8, 2020 :
    Hi

People following the threads created by me would know the various issues I have encountered using oneplus nord mobile in last one week.
    Here I continue to list down another issue that I found. I am not sure what oneplus is doing to solve these issues but as a customer who is not happy with the overall performance that he has got I continue to report these issues.

1. Set to night mode.
    2. Adaptive brightness is turned off
    3. Lock screen.
    4. Unlock screen.
    5. You will see that the screen lights up to full brightness normal mode and then goes back to the setting.

This is downright irritating

X1597666382686 likes this.
  2. X1597666382686
    Eclair Aug 19, 2020

X1597666382686 , Aug 19, 2020 :
    I have similar problem with brightness after waking up the phone, but I am using adaptive brightness. I have no idea why it is happening and how to recreate it consistently, but sometimes it's very bright right after waking it up, sometimes it's not. It happens using power button and also tapping to see ambient display. Brightness slowly goes back to proper level afterwards. The whole thing reminds me how camera app works (uses a lot of brightness and goes back to normal after exiting the app). Overall these things are really annoying, in camera there should be at least an option to disable that crazy brightness peak. In general auto brightness seems to work pretty poorly, sometimes it goes way too low, it needs to be improved, it's pretty crazy that basic function like auto brightness is so bad right now. Priority right now should be inconsistent brightness after waking up the phone, I really hope it's fixed soon, if it stays like this it's unacceptable. After that general auto brightness need improvement.

SnehilSJena and Vivekea like this.
  3. Vivekea
    Honeycomb Aug 19, 2020

Vivekea , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 19, 2020 :
    Yes. It's truly annoying. But OnePlus does not think so.
    Hence no effort towards fixing it

SnehilSJena likes this.