Issue with notch area

1. slim420 Gingerbread Jun 22, 2018

slim420, Jun 22, 2018 :
    So I have disable the notch on the settings which states the apps won't have access to the notch area

But if you press on the area it's still active, my issue is that while playing Vainglory it moves my character usually to the left side due that my finger slightly presses on the notch area.

Shouldn't it be disable and not have effect on touches?

Any way to fix or activate some feature.

I'm still within time to return the ohone
    This is a big issue for me since I mainly game on my phone and it's worthless if I have that issue...

2. ouyamaster Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2018

ouyamaster, Oct 12, 2018 :
    All Android oems besides Samsung HTC and Sony are copying this terrible ridiculous looking Notch.
    I refused to buy op6 because of it and because op5t was already sold out I ordered a one plus plus 5T from a reseller on Amazon here from ngp store and if you can live without a warranty it has dropped to 514 dollars. It's one of the best phones I ever owned. One Plus jumped the shark with op6 and wiith all Chinese oems copying apple it will probably get worse before it gets better.
    1539306896439.jpg
    You don't have to put up with a Notch if you don't want one.
    I never settled for a notch. But lately it's all about settling for Notches and head phone jack removal. Carl Pete a lot of people who are One Plus fans are not sheep. And Mark my words. You will lose business when we start buying from another vendor. My advice is if the Notch is bothering you return the op6 and buy a op5T on Amazon.

3. Kytharsis Lollipop Oct 12, 2018

Kytharsis, Oct 12, 2018 :
    Was this really necessary?

4. SolarEclipse KitKat Oct 12, 2018

SolarEclipse, Oct 12, 2018 :
    Fortunately I don't have OCD about a silly feature of a phone that I quickly ignored about 5 minutes after I had the phone. The notch just works for the hardware features and layout.

deangilvin likes this.
  5. Logancd1 Honeycomb Oct 12, 2018

Logancd1, Oct 12, 2018 :
    Errrr.. Haters gonna hate?

deangilvin and Kytharsis like this.
  6. iOStoAndroid Gingerbread Oct 12, 2018

iOStoAndroid, Oct 12, 2018 :
    1. Hiding notch is best thing ever that happened to Android. You will never know without using it! I hated notch too then i saw the G7 hiding it. Then i bought OP6.

2. LOL 514 bucks for 5T? 128+8gb OP6 sells for $440 including shipping (A6000). $75 bucks more for 835 generation...

7. Logancd1 Honeycomb Oct 12, 2018

Logancd1, Oct 12, 2018 :
    I was gonna say, I got my 5T for less than 514 at launch... I mean yes I used a student discount but still:p

8. ouyamaster Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2018

SolarEclipse

Fortunately I don't have OCD about a silly feature of a phone that I quickly ignored about 5 minutes after I had the phone. The notch just works for the hardware features and layout.​

Millennials are just good at accepting crap. it isn't OCD it's called apple subliminal brainwashing. Wake the hell up Samsung doesn't use a Notch. it is 100% unnecessary to have a Notch in a phone. Why do these stupid companies give Apple so much power to subliminally infuence them. it pops up in certain apps. stop denying it.

9. ouyamaster Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2018

Yes it is you stupid apple brainwashed fool.

10. ouyamaster Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2018

A glass back with no wireless charging. One plus 5T has a better design and I don't agree with it's planned obsolecence.

11. ouyamaster Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2018

iOStoAndroid

1. Hiding notch is best thing ever that happened to Android. You will never know without using it! I hated notch too then i saw the G7 hiding it. Then i bought OP6.

2. LOL 514 bucks for 5T? 128+8gb OP6 sells for $440 including shipping (A6000). $75 bucks more for 835 generation...​

Just Keep settling forget Never Settle. Pretend the Vevo Nex from One Plus sister Company doesn't exist. The better design we should have. I'm tired of apple sunbliminal brainwashing and the foolishness of all these idiot Notch defenders.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018

12. ouyamaster Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2018

iOStoAndroid

2. LOL 514 bucks for 5T? 128+8gb OP6 sells for $440 including shipping (A6000). $75 bucks more for 835 generation...​

Ever see the Karate Kid? Miagi says "Best Block Is No Be There" The best Notch is the one thats not there. This trash design gives the phone horns. Unoriginal added only to copy apple. Unnecessary Notch hiding.

13. ouyamaster Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2018

SolarEclipse

Fortunately I don't have OCD about a silly feature of a phone that I quickly ignored about 5 minutes after I had the phone. The notch just works for the hardware features and layout.​

Keep censoring opinions that don't agree with yours. You settle.I'm not. One Plus 5T their best phone not One Notch 6 ,will probably be my last One Plus Phone.

14. ouyamaster Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2018

The Vevo Nex design is the one we should have.
    Not this Apple copied unoriginal copied Notch design.
    Just face it there is no innovation in copying apple. None at all.

15. ouyamaster Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2018

iOStoAndroid

Maybe One Plus should take a que from Google's play book they released pixel 3 with no Notch and pixel 3 xl with Notch. One Plus just keeps taking our choices. first a Notch and now the 3.5 milimeter headphone jack. Samsung still has done none of these things.

16. Budruel Jelly Bean Oct 12, 2018

Budruel, Oct 12, 2018 :
    Put on a suppository to calm that tension.

deangilvin likes this.
  17. ouyamaster Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2018

Budruel

Put on a suppository to calm that tension.

It's very easy to solve this. If it doesn't change. I will not buy another one plus phone. That is a promise. If the Chinese companies insist on copying apple they do not need my money. I'm not setting for a Notch. head headphone jack removal with USB c headphones it all depends.
    I will no longer use one plus phones. I will Never Settle.

18. deangilvin Jelly Bean Oct 12, 2018

deangilvin, Oct 12, 2018 :

I get your point, I won't buy a phone without a headphone jack either, nor will I buy a phone without the fingerprint sensor being on the back. If OP doesn't have that type of model when I'm ready for a new phone, guess what? I will find a model that has what I want or close to what I want and buy that. Problem Solved.

Not really sure what the purpose is of your postings in the grand scheme of things. It seems you're trying really really hard to be a fanboy of a particular brand, and now that brand is letting you down. What a sad day for you then and you're finding out life is full of disappointments. I'm not loyal to any brand, I take my money and buy things that work for me and give me what I want, period. I don't whine on the internet about it. You sound like those people writing "reviews" on Trip Advisor about their dining experience at the local restaurant, nobody cares.

Oh, I could careless about wireless charging. It's a nonsensical gimmick right up there with "AI". They need to ditch the glass backs and go back to poly-carbonate.

Budruel likes this.
  19. ouyamaster Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2018

deangilvin

I get your point, I won't buy a phone without a headphone jack either, nor will I buy a phone without the fingerprint sensor being on the back. If OP doesn't have that type of model when I'm ready for a new phone, guess what? I will find a model that has what I want or close to what I want and buy that. Problem Solved.

Not really sure what the purpose is of your postings in the grand scheme of things. It seems you're trying really really hard to be a fanboy of a particular brand, and now that brand is letting you down. What a sad day for you then and you're finding out life is full of disappointments. I'm not loyal to any brand, I take my money and buy things that work for me and give me what I want, period. I don't whine on the internet about it. You sound like those people writing "reviews" on Trip Advisor about their dining experience at the local restaurant, nobody cares.

Oh, I could careless about wireless charging. It's a nonsensical gimmick right up there with "AI". They need to ditch the glass backs and go back to poly-carbonate.

Screw you you brainwashed idiot.
    I'm not a fan boy I'm just telling it like it is. only Samsung Sony and HTC are not using Notches.
    It is lame to add notches to every phone just because apple is. I like stock Android and I left only because original pixel copied iPhone bezels and headphone jack removal. OP5T was a stock experience without a Notch and still had a headphone jack And now they Jumped the Shark after one plus 6. Stick with One Plus and get ready to Settle Big Time!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018

20. deangilvin Jelly Bean Oct 12, 2018

deangilvin, Oct 12, 2018 :
    And yet here you are crying like a little school girl. If you don't like the notch that badly and it clearly throws you into a crying fit, go buy the Samsung, Sony or HTC.... All your problems are now solved and you'll sleep again soundly.

And what did I just state about the rest above? Try reading again this time using reading comprehension. It works wonders.

LOL, Oh, here we go.... Try and follow along, I'm going to say this one time and one time only. There is no such thing as a "stock experience" anymore and hasn't been for quite a few many years. When people use that phrase, it tells others they have no clue as to what they're talking about. So if you wish to be taken seriously in the future, stop saying it.