Issue with Vodafone UK data on One Plus 3

1. jdm1873
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2016

jdm1873 , Jun 28, 2016 :
    When I swapped over the sim cards got the usual text to say to continue using DATA or sending SMS you need to update your settings manually as your device doesnt support automatic setting updates.

Went to vodafone.co.uk/settingsinfo and still couldnt do it.

I have changed the APN settings which I found on another site but still nothing. Anyone help?

tarranshaikh, franad and ilkt like this.
  2. nkupreti
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2016

nkupreti , Jun 29, 2016 :
    Even I am facing the similar problem with BSNL mobile data in my place at India. When contacted to technical person over OnePlus care I am told a suitable software patch will be developed soon. Let us hope it comes soon...

saurabhiam likes this.
  3. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jun 29, 2016

4. PaulRiley
    Froyo Jul 1, 2016

Grizzle_34 likes this.
  5. plus3UKL
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2016

plus3UKL , Jul 1, 2016 :
    If you can post screen shot of APN screen (whole of it) maybe i can compare it with my settings, i am on vodafone UK as well.

6. Stoney_Durdles
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2016

Stoney_Durdles , Jul 5, 2016 :
    Has anyone sorted this yet ? I have tried all the combinations of the APNs in the above thread and still have no mobile data. Can some post their working APN config for Vodaphone, please?

7. Stoney_Durdles
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2016

Stoney_Durdles , Jul 5, 2016 :
    I am now working...

don't know if this helped at all but I did this:

Checked my vodaphone app on my old phone, just to make sure that the new plan I had signed up for (monthly SIM only) was active.
    Then on my OP3 deleted all of the mobile internet APN settings that I had been messing with, and turned off mobile internet, and also turned off WIFI
    restarted the phone
    The APN for PAYG had reinstalled itself
    Created new APN settings and used the following (which I had already tried):
    Name - Vodafone Internet
    APN - internet
    Username - web
    Password - web
    MMSC - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12
    MMS Port - 8799
    Authentication type - PAP
    APN type - type *

Left all of the other settings alone.
    Saved the settings
    restarted the OP3 again
    Went into settings and turned on the mobile internet
    Then after a couple of mins finally had the H come up, and tested it was working

I do not know if this fixed it or as some comments have stated it can take 24hrs or more for the mobile data to start up on your plan, I had got my new sim and plan yesterday evening, either way it worked for me so hope this is of some use for you.

8. JakyBF
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2016

JakyBF , Jul 7, 2016 :
    I'm also having this problem and it's doing my head in!!

I've tried all the settings given in this thread, as well as the official ones from the Vodafone website, and still the problem persists - no mobile internet.
    :(

I'm making do with a PAYG sim with a data bundle in the second sim slot until I can get the Vodafone sim to work.

9. Stoney_Durdles
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2016

Stoney_Durdles , Jul 7, 2016 :
    Try the fix that I have written above IMPORTANT: turn off the wifi, then delete all the APNs restart the phone, recreate a new APN using the settings above.

If it still does not work restart the phone again and test if it then works.

If not then try setting the LTE to 3G if that then works you can then reset it back to LTE, and it should be all good.

I hope it gets sorted for you. Cheers.

10. skilemono
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2016

skilemono , Jul 13, 2016 :

Just to add to this I had the same issue with a Vodafone Sim. I created a new APN and just copied the settings from my old windows phone and it worked fine. I also found this link which details it
    https://apn-uk.gishan.net/settings/1457_4_vodafone_apn_settings_for_oneplus_3.php

11. saurabhiam
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2016

saurabhiam , Jul 22, 2016 :
    I am also facing the same issue on BSNL 3G in India. Did you get any solution/patch till now?

12. memyself4
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2016

13. Stoney_Durdles
    Cupcake Oct 6, 2016

Stoney_Durdles , Oct 6, 2016 :

14. jcuadriello
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2016

jcuadriello , Nov 1, 2016 :
    I can't vodafone 4g to work, this should just work out of the box, much cheaper phones just work.

15. cyrillc
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2016

cyrillc , Nov 22, 2016 :
    I was having the same issue.
    On the APN i just changed the APN address to wap.vodafone.co.uk and it started working,

16. tarranshaikh
    Donut Dec 14, 2016

tarranshaikh , Dec 14, 2016 :
    This fixed my problems thank you. It's a shame OnePlus 3 hasnt fixed the issue on the OnePlus 3T

17. piersbazleywhite
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2017

piersbazleywhite , Jan 20, 2017 :
    Nothing here has made mobile data come to my phone - I've spent best part of a day installing uninstalling and re-booting. Is this a Vodafone issue or oneplus? Anyone have any more suggestions otherwise one will have to go.

18. MrDJ
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2017

MrDJ , Jan 20, 2017 :
    got my phone before christmas and took 5 days before i could get data working.
    it defaults to pay as you go so wont work for contracts on vodafone.
    you have to change theAPN
    go settings > sim & network > sim 1 > access point name APN and make sure it is wap.vodafone.co.uk
    mine was set to vodafone.pp or something like that which i think is pay as you go.