issues with casting

1. anantha_raman
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2018

anantha_raman , Jan 24, 2018 :
    Hey fellas,

My name is Anantharaman. I own a one plus 5T. This is the fourth one plus phone in my home. I am experiencing issues while using the "cast" feature on the one plus phones. The issue is there with all the four 1+ phones out of which 3 are 1+ 5 and one is 1+5t. We are using chrome cast for casting. I also have a MI 4 that does casting perfectly without a glitch. When we cast using 1+, the video seems to play fine on the cell phone but not on the TV. The video initiates, and then freezes and then resumes and again does the same continuously which really makes us quit casting. I have the latest OS version and the system updates said that my device is up to date. Never expected this issue from 1+. Please help me fix this.

2. nikhil_kothari
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2018

3. vincent90
    Jelly Bean Jan 24, 2018

vincent90 , Jan 24, 2018 :
    Are you on Oreo or Nougat? As I understood, in chromecast you use the "cast screen" right? Chromecast has problem to cast 18:9 screen. You should use the little icon of Chromecast to cast your content, using apps compatible with Chromecast such as VLC, Netflix...

4. anantha_raman
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2018

anantha_raman , Jan 24, 2018 :
    I am in nougat and I'm trying to do screen mirroring and not app casting. The option that you suggested is in app casting and not screen mirroring. Any ideas how to make screen mirroring work? Lenovo k4 note works, Honor 6x works, MI 4 works in screen mirroring.

5. vincent90
    Jelly Bean Jan 24, 2018

vincent90 , Jan 24, 2018 :
    In your title and in your post it's written "casting". So, you should be more precise if you want the others doing the same.

I answered already, with the 18:9 screen mirroring Chromecast is having issues. It's useless writing a list of 16:9 phones that are working.
    You can wait an update of the app, write a feedback to app developer and use the app casting.