issues with Google home

1. GottlobFreund
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2017

GottlobFreund , Jan 16, 2017 :
    I can't cast the screen of the phone to my Chromecast. also from Google picture I cannot cast pictures. in both cases Google home gets disconnected. with other apps the Chromecast features work fine.

2. rahulmm
    Honeycomb Jan 16, 2017

rahulmm , Jan 16, 2017 :
    This is an issue with Marshmallow. Please update the device to Oxygen OS 4.0 or higher and the issue will be fixed.

GottlobFreund likes this.
  3. GottlobFreund
    Cupcake Jan 17, 2017

GottlobFreund , Jan 17, 2017 :
    I'm still waiting for the upgrade in Italy. good to know that when upgraded it will be fixed.

4. rahulmm
    Honeycomb Jan 17, 2017

rahulmm , Jan 17, 2017 :
    You may use the app "Opera VPN" to set your region to Germany, and see if your device is picking up the update. If it is, then you can download it over the VPN and perform the update. It's easy and (contrary to popular belief) unharmful.

5. DerJohannes
    Cupcake Mar 28, 2017

DerJohannes , Mar 28, 2017 :
    I am having the same issue with a OnePlus 3T (128 GB) with OxygenOS Version 4.1.0 (Android 7.1.1).

I can't cast the screen of the phone to my Chromecast. Restarting the OnePlus 3T didn't help. Resetting the Chromecast and reconfiguring didn't help.

With my second device, an OnePlus 2 with OxygenOS 3.5.8 (Android 6.0.1), everything works fine. Also, with my Google Pixel C, also having Android 7.1.1, everything runs without problems, on the same Chromecast.

=> There is still something odd with the OnePlus 3T.

Please double-check.

6. joshuazhu
    Eclair Mar 28, 2017

joshuazhu , Mar 28, 2017 :
    I use hotspot for Chromecast. But it always can't connect in the first trial. Than I switch from SIM 1 to SIM 2, it will work. And next time SIM 2 back to SIM 1.

Can't understand to the logic, but it must be related to network connection since Chromecast requires internet to work.

7. DerJohannes
    Cupcake Mar 28, 2017

DerJohannes , Mar 28, 2017 :
    That indeed fits into the picture. The Double-SIM feature and its controlling software is OnePlus-specific. So it's kind of likely that this is where the bug sits (also because on a Pixel C with the same Android version (7.1.1) it's working).

Thanks! I'll double-check that 'switch from SIM1 to SIM2 and back' workaround later.

8. rahulmm
    Honeycomb Mar 28, 2017

rahulmm , Mar 28, 2017 :
    I just used it last night. I got a 3T and it works fine. I had the issue with Marshmallow, but it went away on Nougat.

9. DerJohannes
    Cupcake Mar 29, 2017

DerJohannes , Mar 29, 2017 :
    As I have written above, I had this issue despite the fact that Nougat (7.1.1) is installed.

But now, it's working. I inserted a second SIM card into SIM slot #2 and assigned the "SIM responsibilities": SIM 1 for calls, SIM 1 for messaging, SIM 2 for data exchange.

It seems that somehow the SIM cards correlate with this issue. But now it's working, so I am happy.

What I haven't tested yet, is how Google Home on the OnePlus 3T behaves when I remove the second SIM card again.

10. kewalpatil
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2018

kewalpatil , Aug 6, 2018 :
    HI i have a one plus 6 with Oxygen OS 5.1.9 and Android version 8.1.0. I can cast my phone using google Home but i get only audio on Amazon Prime video no video. Same with Hotstar or any other video app. If i cast using the native Hotstar app it works fine. If I use youtube app and cast with native app i can view it fine. I can cast using google home using my family's MI 5 and pro fine. Not sure why this issue is only on my one plus 6. It used to work before i upgraded the OS.

O1532820601803 likes this.
  11. Petjitsu
    KitKat Aug 6, 2018

Petjitsu , Aug 6, 2018 :
    thank you for information about oneplus 6 issues
    go to the right forum ;)
    https://forums.oneplus.com/forums/OnePlus6/