issues with Netflix app and HD streaming

1. G_Hassam_Tahir_CiZE
    Donut Apr 2, 2020

G_Hassam_Tahir_CiZE , Apr 2, 2020 :
    so I noticed that Netflix video quality wasn't that sharp on my OnePlus 6t and I went into the app settings and saw my streaming was caped at SD cause my DRM showed L3.

now I thought OnePlus 6T supported L1. so I checked from a app called DRM info. sure enough it showed L1

so I uninstalled the Netflix app and now it doesn't let me reinstall..says my phone is incompatible. I downloaded a apk from Netflix's website and it installed but won't start, says device incompatible.

my phone is not rooted and I went into the bootloader it says locked. help!!
    1585864545263.jpg

2. drl431
    Marshmallow Apr 2, 2020

drl431 , Apr 2, 2020 :
    Do you have a T-Mobile OP6T that has been converted to a global model? And are you running Android 10?

3. G_Hassam_Tahir_CiZE
    Donut Apr 2, 2020

my phone is on A10 and T-Mobile variant. don't know if it coverted to a global model but it's factory unlocked and I don't use a T-Mobile SIM card.

4. drl431
    Marshmallow Apr 2, 2020

drl431 , Apr 2, 2020 :
    You would know by the OOS version. The current global OOS version is 10.3.2. Android 10 is all about security, so it can detect if your bootloader version and OOS version are for different phones (T-Mobile model vs. global model).

For full functionality (including Google Pay), you can either roll back to Android 9 (wipes all data), or install the T-Mobile version of Android 10 (may also have to wipe all data). For more information, go over to the T-Mobile forum:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/forums/t-mobile/

5. G_Hassam_Tahir_CiZE
    Donut Apr 2, 2020

I guess this means it's a coverted phone.

what would be the drawbacks if install the T-Mobile version of A10? any issues? like sim lock ? any issues if the IMEI has been changed?
    1585867973567.jpg

6. G_Hassam_Tahir_CiZE
    Donut Apr 3, 2020

G_Hassam_Tahir_CiZE , Apr 3, 2020 :
    okay so I side loaded the Netflix app using a third party store and everything is running smoothly. it's even streaming in Full HD.

drl431 likes this.