Issues with OP6 Face Unlock

1. _Paulie___E
    Cupcake Jun 22, 2018

_Paulie___E , Jun 22, 2018 :
    Is it just me or did face unlock work better on the OnePlus 5 & 5T? It's randomly unlocking my device with my eyes closed... & waaaaaaayy slower than on the OnePlus 5

2. devoncatt
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2018

devoncatt , Jun 22, 2018 :
    It is not very accurate it's not a 3D infrared check and struggles in low light.People have complained about family members able to unlock it

3. utsav17
    Honeycomb Jun 22, 2018

utsav17 , Jun 22, 2018 :
    please report it to bug team ... thats only way they will fix it... no one's reading em here

_Paulie___E likes this.
  4. G_Mere_Puff_dalc
    Froyo Jun 22, 2018

_Paulie___E likes this.
  5. Sallu_libran
    Froyo Jun 22, 2018

Sallu_libran , Jun 22, 2018 :
    Me and my friend bought op6 together... I'm not facing any issues with the face unlock... But my friend's op6 face unlock system is a bit crazy... It unlocks even if i bring my face close to it.. And trust me i don't look like him at all...

_Paulie___E likes this.
  6. devoncatt
    Gingerbread Jun 23, 2018

devoncatt , Jun 23, 2018 :
    Unfortunately, it is not very secure pictures also work in many cases. There is no 3-D mapping or infrared camera in this model perhaps in the 6T?

_Paulie___E likes this.
  7. malidan
    Nougat Jun 23, 2018

malidan , Jun 23, 2018 :
    To get speed you must have lower accuracy, OP have gone full out in.this buzz period to.gaIn maximum sales with hype.
    The excuse it's for convenience, where I the convenience in having it on and making your device not secure?
    I have no doubt a lot of these issues will disappear once they have maximised sales

I heard a reviewer say he has to hold the S9 closer than the OP6 and that it missed more often, and I thought to myself why is he reviewing devices.

The OP forsakes security for speed and the S9 actually scans your iris, so yeah you're gonna have to hold it closer and yes it will be slower but secure.

_Paulie___E likes this.
  8. _Paulie___E
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2018

_Paulie___E , Jun 23, 2018 :
    already sent a tweet directly to Carl Pei and team. Thanks

utsav17 likes this.
  9. _Paulie___E
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2018

I actually tested on OP5 with pictures etc. It worked way smarter and pics never fooled it. somehow they've managed to make it worse on OP6

10. _Paulie___E
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2018

definitely a selective bug then. that really sucks! :(