Network/Connectivity Issues with Straight talk Verizon - unable to edit/create APN

1. brennanfurca
    Eclair Nov 19, 2018

brennanfurca , Nov 19, 2018 :
    1542586447835.jpg
    I've got no reason to lie. I'm not installing beta firmware on my device but it's real. while you might be able to edit the APN this won't fix the issue.

2. samprocat
    Honeycomb Nov 19, 2018

samprocat , Nov 19, 2018 :
    What series of the phone you have....

3. brennanfurca
    Eclair Nov 19, 2018

4. samprocat
    Honeycomb Nov 19, 2018

brennanfurca

Anyone have it working on a MVNO of Verizon yet? One plus sent me a link to custom firmware to allow the editing of APNs but that's only half the problem.​

the other half of the problem is in the MVNO company's and Verizon where they will not let them use cdma less switch.....
    So your phone or the software is okay...
    What you need is to leave Dinosaur technology CDMA or go to the Verizon cellular plan where they can switch CDMA less feature to have SMS and MMS in order.
    You have to understand that Verizon is company that is trying to keep Monopoly over his network and force you to buy. Verizon branded phone that is specifically altered to keep control over your device...
    Example like Apple is doing with IOS Monopoly just worse.....
    And if you want to take my personal advice go to GSM operating company's or any other companys that use GSM network and you will never have this problems.
    Only India and in USA Verizon and Sprint is using outdated technology CDMA.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018

5. brennanfurca
    Eclair Nov 19, 2018

brennanfurca , Nov 19, 2018 :
    ...huh? I understand the issue..maybe I should have phrased my questionbetter...

Has anyone gotten a MVNO that's able to enable the CDMA-LESS feature on VZW so far?

No way I'd pay Verizon 90 bucks a month but 55 from Straight Talk was/is an amazing deal. It's even a better one for me here in the gulf south where towers aren't loaded up.

6. samprocat
    Honeycomb Nov 19, 2018

brennanfurca

...huh? I understand the issue..maybe I should have phrased my questionbetter...

Has anyone gotten a MVNO that's able to enable the CDMA-LESS feature on VZW so far?

No way I'd pay Verizon 90 bucks a month but 55 from Straight Talk was/is an amazing deal. It's even a better one for me here in the gulf south where towers aren't loaded up.

Straight Talk have multiple options

beside using Verizon network.
    there are TMobile ...ATT and many other...
    So if you die hard fan still want Straight talk Verizon connection you will need to fight Straight talk company and Verizon or move to GSM operating Straight talk SIM card
    I have 4 lines cellular and one tablet line....
    120 dollars including all fees .... On T-Mobile
    So there are many options out there way cheaper than Straight talk.
    Straight talk was cheap 2-3 years ago now you can have much cheaper options straight from Big Cellular providers

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018

7. M1546804634572
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2019

M1546804634572 , Jan 6, 2019 :
    Just was wondering, it's been a few months and was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting this working on the ST Verizon system.

Going to be ordering a 1+6T very soon and also to be safe, ordered a AT&T and T-Mobile SIM from ST.

Thanks..

8. G_Glen_Roebuck_PqcA
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2019

G_Glen_Roebuck_PqcA , Jan 14, 2019 :
    Nope - no verizon MVNO can do CDMA_Less - I tried Total Wireless as well. Not sure why for two reasons. It is the same network and the Verizon people COULD eable it on the mvno line but they won't and the second is the OP6T has CDMA bands it can work on verizon now but for some reason it was only "approved" for LTE. You can do it on Verizon post paid easily but to get unlimited you have to pay close to 100 dollars a month. You can do it on verizon pre_paid but you have to call and hope you get a tech who knows what your talking about. They offer a 65 a month unlimited plan but the data is prioritized and if you go over 22GB a month they will slow your data.

9. F_Shawn_Ward_DetM
    Donut Jan 25, 2019

F_Shawn_Ward_DetM , Jan 25, 2019 :
    I'm trying Visable Wireless they use Verizon LTE and according to support they only use the LTE service. I'll report back my findings in a few days

10. M1546804634572
    Cupcake Mar 8, 2019

M1546804634572 , Mar 8, 2019 :
    I'm using the T-Mobile SIM from ST and haven't had any issues with activation and using this configuration. But the bad part is that there's a number of dead zones around my area; NO BARS where-as Verizon people do. AT&T seems to have the same coverage as T-Mobile. But speed test wise, I'm pulling an average 22mbps with T-Mobile through ST, so I can't complain.

But, I just tried switching to a Verizon SIM (to try and get better coverage) but even after activating the card, etc. I couldn't make outgoing calls. But I messed something up and ended up having to call them to get my T-Mobile SIM re-activated my auto-enrollment re-assigned and activated to my account. Good way to waste 45 minutes in a morning. ha-ha..

11. CaffeineMan
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2019

CaffeineMan , Apr 14, 2019 :
    So to be clear Total Wireless using the Verizon network still does not work?
    I want the 6T but I can not switch my carrier at this time.

12. Z1544294498940
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2019

Z1544294498940 , Apr 29, 2019 :
    Hey all. I just got the 6t fully working on total Wireless today. I had to escalate to tier 2 support and they contacted Verizon. Verizon must have added the soc code that was needed.

13. jaackryaan
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2019

jaackryaan , Jun 11, 2019 :
    Shaun you are an absolute hero I could never thank you enough! :)

14. CaffeineMan
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2019

CaffeineMan , Jun 16, 2019 :
    Can anyone confirm? I am on Total Wireless Verizon version and in desperate need of a phone upgrade.

15. seanlyder
    Cupcake Jun 24, 2019

16. CaffeineMan
    Cupcake Jun 30, 2019

CaffeineMan , Jun 30, 2019 :
    Are you saying the 6T is not fully functional on StraightTalk?

17. seanlyder
    Cupcake Jun 30, 2019

seanlyder , Jun 30, 2019 :
    never worked for me. I ended up switching to "Mint" which is another MVNO, but they use T-Mobile.

18. CaffeineMan
    Cupcake Jun 30, 2019

CaffeineMan , Jun 30, 2019 :
    Thanks, T-Mobile is most definitely not an option. I guess I will get a Samsung phone as my old Nexus phone needs to be charged a few times a day not to mention all the other issues I have with it.
    Thanks, for the update!

seanlyder likes this.
  19. Z1573535988399
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2019

Z1573535988399 , Nov 17, 2019 :
    Sorry to post this over here but I couldn't do a new thread on this problem but I'm having the same problem as this person is but it is on the new 7t phone. I recently got this cell phone and I took my Straight Talk sims card out of my old cell phone and put it in my new cell phone and I can't get anything to work on it at all no service at all. I can only used Verizon service at all on where I live at consider the other ones I try and it was crappy service. I was wondering if anybody got there to work thur Straight Talk and how did you fix it?? I know it is my apn settings but I can't get it to add anything at all on the new cell phone at all. I try the apps that people told on this post but I couldn't even get them to work. I haven't talk to Straight talk yet consider I been working 2nd shift and they are closed when I get off from work.

20. deedles916
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2019

deedles916 , Nov 29, 2019 :
    CALL VERIZON... they will help as they fixed my son's phone (not a oneplus) with the same issue. It's a Straight Talk issue and how they send information. The Main carriers will help you and fix it.