Issues with voice on video call..

1. sivajv.2k
    Donut Nov 15, 2015

sivajv.2k , Nov 15, 2015 :
    On video calls using either Hangouts or Skype.. the other party are unable to hear my voice when on loudspeaker..but they are able to hear when I change option from loudspeaker to normal mode.. not sure if this is the same issue with anyone else as I do not see any post on that.. unable to locate any settings to change it...does anyone has update on this issue?

Ivan-P and Kamots like this.
  2. doublear
    Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2015

doublear , Nov 15, 2015 :
    Look at this https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...g-reports-suggestions-for-new-updates.403586/

3. murugadas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 15, 2015

4. Tabso143
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2015

5. sivajv.2k
    Donut Nov 15, 2015

sivajv.2k , Nov 15, 2015 :
    no, I haven't tried it as I don't use much of handsfree for video calls..but tried using voice search in Google and it works fine..thought change in settings might help but I am unable to locate any option related to this one..

6. Amol_Nair
    Donut Dec 2, 2015

Amol_Nair , Dec 2, 2015 :
    I have the same issue with mine as well. Earlier had the phone on 2.1.0 and upgraded Oxygen OS to 2.1.2 But did not fix the issue. Raised a case with Oneplus team but the only comments I received from the engineers was to reset the Apps from settings and try a factory reset. Factory reset was ofcourse the 1st thing I had tried even before contacting their support but no use.

I even had my phone replaced as there was no such issue reported by anyone and One plus support also did not say that anyone has reported such an issue.

Received my new phone 2 days back and updated it to 2.1.3 Oxygen OS yesterday, but still does not help.

And yes its with headset there is absolutely no issue with video calls. The other person can hear you loud and clear.

Similar issues were reported for One plus one in the early stages and the workaround was to change system settings, like the FluenceType from fluence to NONE.

The support guys simply don't care even though multiple times I have tried telling them that this seems to be a bug, since audio calls have absolutely no issues, even calling using the speakerphone for normal voice-calls has no issues. The issue seems to be specific to video calls (not specific to 1 app. I have tried multiple apps).

Every-time I call them the only thing I get is a new case-number.

7. I have invites
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2015

8. ricardoteixas
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2015

ricardoteixas , Dec 2, 2015 :
    I'm having the exact same problem! I have searched on the forum and I couldn't found any solution... I guess people don't use Skype as much as I do. Did you tried the FluenceType workaround?

9. opticoverload
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 2, 2015

opticoverload , Dec 2, 2015 :
    Me and some other people i frequently Skype with sometimes experience one's voice just disappearing. It doesn't seem to depend on the input/output and is device agnostic. Not on the OPX so far, though.
    I think it's Skype for Android's issue.

10. Kamots
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2015

Kamots , Dec 4, 2015 :
    I can confirm that I have the same problem when using Google Hangouts on my OnePlus X. I've tried a factory reset and enabling/disabling Google Search voice commands but no luck. People in Hangouts can hear me fine when using regular phone microphone but when I put it on loudspeaker they won't hear me at all. I think this is a software issue and not related to the hardware, but not sure if it's on Google or OnePlus' part.

11. LBlue
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2015

LBlue , Dec 6, 2015 :
    I have this exact issue!!

However in addition to my callers not hearing me while the phone is on loudspeaker they also hear a horrible echo of themselves.

Anyone else with this echo issue? Lack of speakerphone I can live with but, the echo has rendered this phone useless for WiFi audio/video calling.

12. whenry808
    Eclair Dec 16, 2015

whenry808 , Dec 16, 2015 :
    Same issue. Microphone stops working when speaker is turned on in Hangouts voice calls. Extremely annoying not being able to have hands-free conversation.

13. the_merlz
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2015

the_merlz , Dec 17, 2015 :
    I'm getting super fed up with OnePlus already. I wish I had known before that what you get, when buying the OPX, is actually being part in one big experiment!!! Releasing a phone, from a company which only sells three phones, that is as buggy and basically not functional with basic features as video-calling, is ridiculous! Don't they test what they sell?

Customer service is also a bad joke - generic wipe data/cache answer is all they got. It's not really the part of us buying customers to make complaints and hope for the onePlus developers to address all these different issues in a future update.

Of course you buy a "cheap" phone but one could expect that rudimentary features work the way they should. I'm really satisfied with the phone's quality you get for that price but software-wise, their OP seems to be more in a "trial-and-error-phase" than in a state you'd want to release...

14. Alkiviadisp
    Donut Dec 17, 2015

15. whenry808
    Eclair Dec 17, 2015

Alkiviadisp likes this.
  16. exe843
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2015

17. joeblues
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2016

joeblues , Jan 1, 2016 :
    I have the same issue with hangout, but if I use the loudspeaker in a normal call everything works fine so I am sure that is a hangout problem on oneplus x. Now I am trying to use viber and skype and report the results.

PS: With viber the same thing, so if I use the loudspeaker for a videocall with apps on this phone I have problems, if I use loudspeaker with a normal voce call it works fine, so the problem is finite to videocall that makes this phone unuseble for videocalls, a big [email protected] please fix it

PS2; I have a try with skype, everything works fine so the problem is finite to hangout/viber...I do not why, but I find the problem only in this phone and in mu nexus 5 works fine.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016

18. joeblues
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2016

joeblues , Jan 1, 2016 :
    Can oneplus fix this issue for only hangout and viber? For the rest of apps and the default calls on phone works fine with loudspeaker.

19. jobrima
    Eclair Jan 1, 2016

jobrima , Jan 1, 2016 :
    Same problem with hangouts video call (voice call works fine) please fix it asap!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016

20. joeblues
    Gingerbread Jan 3, 2016

joeblues , Jan 3, 2016 :
    Came on @oneplusteam. It's so frustrated, this damned phone it's not a gift. The video call is one of the most important features of a phone, and hangout plus viber makes more than 80% of all videocalls made on a mobile smartphone. What are you waiting for?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016

cure77 and chandamien1 like this.