It's all in the details - Haptic Vibrations via OnePlus 7T

1. nmatheis
    US Brand Ambassador Nov 20, 2019

nmatheis , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 20, 2019 :
    1574227295379.jpg

Hi everyone, it's Nikolaus from the US OnePlus Brand Ambassador team! Today I'm going to take a look at haptic feedback on two of the most recent OnePlus phones, the 7 Pro and 7T.

Before I get started on that, I'm eager to tell you what I love about those phones. They've both got features that make it really hard for me to settle on just one as my daily driver, so I usually take both with me on my daily excursions.

OnePlus 7 Pro: Giant, beautiful, curved QHD 90Hz display!!! O… M… G… Simply amazing what a difference that display made in day to day interactions with the phone. Faster and more accurate under display fingerprint reader. Super wide, wide, and 3x tele rear cameras made it a great shooter. And while the front pop-up camera slowed down face unlock a bit, it was certainly a jaw dropper when showing off the phone and the pictures were great. Another major upgrade was the haptic feedback motor, which was much stronger and smoother than before. Hey, that's today's subject!

OnePlus 7T: 7 Pro form factor but borrowing the teardrop-style notch OnePlus introduced with the 6T. This brought back lightning fast face unlock, which I absolutely love. Combined with the fast, accurate under display fingerprint reader, I can rapidly unlock my phone in almost any circumstance. Eye catching circular rear camera bump with super wide, wide, and 2x tele cameras. Flat FHD 90Hz display with less blue light. Smoother haptic feedback than any OnePlus phone I've tried with the exception of the 7 Pro.

I'll be honest, haptic feedback isn't something I paid much attention to until I got the 7 Pro. When I needed it, my phones vibrated and that was good enough. With the 7 Pro, that changed. The haptic vibration was so much smoother and stronger than before. It caught my attention and felt better, more premium than any phone I've owned. Simply a fantastic upgrade that I never thought would matter to me, but it did. The devil is truly in the details!

Skip forward to the 7T. It's an interesting comparison. Compared with previous non-Pro phones from OnePlus, the 7T had a larger vibration motor with an advanced haptic feedback driver to produce natural, satisfying feedback. In fact, I find it has the same, smooth haptic feedback but isn't quite as strong. If I had to compare, the medium haptic feedback setting on the 7 Pro feels comparable to the strong haptic feedback setting on the 7T. Even though it isn't quite as strong, it still gets my attention and feels smooth and premium while doing so. It's great not only for routine tasks like typing and notification alerts but also for playing games.

One feature you should know about is the ability to change the vibration pattern and intensity. With OnePlus, you're not constrained to the usual boring vibration pattern of buzz-buzz. I'm fact, you get five vibration patterns to choose from for standard notifications: dzzz-dzzz, dzzz-da, mm-mm-mm, da-da-dzzz, and da-dzzz-da.

With ringtones, you get the additional choice of "dynamic" which vibrates in time with your ringtone which is pretty cool. On top of this, you can choose vibration intensity independently for routine notifications and SMS. For calls, you can set vibration pattern and intensity for each contact if you're so inclined. This allows you to really customize your user experience. Go crazy!

With both the 7 Pro and 7T, the haptic feedback upgrade is certainly appreciated and is yet another sign that OnePlus is dedicated to giving its users the best experience possible while maintaining a reasonable price point. Great job OnePlus!

What do you think of the new haptic feedback driver OnePlus is using? How have they improved your user experience? How could they be even better? Please leave your thoughts below and help OnePlus make even better ones for us!

Never Settle!

2. MosheG1
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 20, 2019

MosheG1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 20, 2019 :
    I think the new haptic feedback is awesome!
    I used to love the physical keyboard on my side phone back in the day, and I've missed that a lot. but the 7 pro I own has done a lot to mitigate that feeling, and I couldn't be happier!

3. Moin2200
    KitKat Nov 20, 2019

Moin2200 , Nov 20, 2019 :
    The haptics reaction to different ringtones and sound tones are such a nice touch.

4. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 20, 2019

5. Tax_Mny
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2019

6. JelleZon
    Lollipop Nov 21, 2019

7. a_m28
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2019

a_m28 , via OnePlus 7 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    what about regular OnePlus 7 do we have rights ? do we even belong to u ! better start respecting all ur devices 7 pro/7t are not the only things time changes so u have too!

8. Y1537540350852
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2019

Y1537540350852 , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    OnePlus 6 got baddest haptic feedback back vibration motor..if you are in bus or walking and phone vibrates you can't tell .even the keypad Nokia phones got better vibration motor than OnePlus 6.. don't know how well is of OnePlus 7,7pro,7t pro.etc.. hope it's good.

a_m28 and JelleZon like this.
  10. Anzil_khaN
    Donut Nov 21, 2019

K1564978990133 likes this.
  11. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Nov 21, 2019

Cheetosdust , Nov 21, 2019 :
    Thank you for the write-up, @nmatheis ;)

The haptic engine is one of those things that you truly appreciate when you get a phone with a bad one and go back to a great one - it just feels right. Great to know OnePlus improved on this, as it's something you are constantly using.

Thank you once again for the thread.

12. YRJ
    Marshmallow Nov 21, 2019

YRJ , Nov 21, 2019 :
    I have to acknowledge the haptic feedback is indeed greatly improved compared to older phones.
    Sweet :D

jeevanbatla likes this.

14. Y1572177533166
    Eclair Nov 21, 2019

Y1572177533166 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    yeah when playing heavy games like pubg or asphalt 9 it does heat up but not too much

Naveen_006 and SpartanRage9038 like this.
  15. Y1572177533166
    Eclair Nov 21, 2019

Y1572177533166 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    there is a haptic motor to produce this signal

Naveen_006 likes this.
  16. JelleZon
    Lollipop Nov 21, 2019

JelleZon , Nov 21, 2019 :
    no

hpruthi1 and Y1572177533166 like this.
  19. AnasKhanAzmi007
    Eclair Nov 21, 2019