It's all in the details. Seamless Navigation on the OnePlus 7T

1. Jav P
    Froyo Nov 28, 2019

Jav P , Nov 28, 2019 :

Horsault

Custom launchers (Oneplus launcher being one of them) are developed by people who are responsible for adapting their software to the OS it's running on. A10 gestures are developed by Google, so Oneplus hs nothing to do here.​

More or less. The animation when opening an app or the drawer from the home screen are controlled by the launcher, and they work perfectly with custom launchers. Going back to the home screen from an app are not completely controlled by the custom launcher and these are the ones having issues (only from the home gestures and not with the back gesture).

This problem is related to Google's new full gestures and how OEM's implemented them. OnePlus made them work more or less flawlessly with their launcher but not with others.

Nova and other devs have explained since the beginning of 10 why they can't fix this issue.

2. Tax_Mny
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2019

3. xMcMx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 29, 2019

xMcMx , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 29, 2019 :
    I honestly miss the pill. After updating to Android 10 I switched to the classic three button layout.
    I tried the swiping gestures on an iPhone 11 and it works like a charm.
    I tried the swiping gestures on a Google Pixel 4 and it works like a charm, too.

On my 7 Pro it kinda feels clunky and less responsive. Sometimes I had to swipe multiple times for it to actually work. I don't know why that is.
    Maybe because of the size of the phone. Both phones, the iPhone 11 and the Pixel 4 are slightly smaller. It might make it easier.
    The back gestures on my phone might also be less responsive due to the curved screen, I don't know.
    I also use a screen protector which does not interfere with the responsiveness of the screen but it creates an artificial border that I don't want to swipe on so the screen protector won't peel off.
    I just wish the pill would return haha

Nemish gupta likes this.
  5. pramodpaluri
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2019

pramodpaluri , Nov 30, 2019 :
    One major problem with "gesture navigation" ! when i am trying to close an app by swiping up , many times i accidentally open the assitant instead ! this needs to be fixed, as assistant opens by swiping the edges - and this always conflicts with "closing an app" gesture

6. cluater_raj
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2019

cluater_raj , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 1, 2019 :
    U can keep off the Google assistant while swiping in the setting ,i also had this problem first but now after turning it off the navigation gestures jus rocks

7. Sayantan_Manna
    Gingerbread Dec 2, 2019

Sayantan_Manna , Dec 2, 2019 :
    True.

I'm using the 7T, and I honestly don't think the gestures being unresponsive and clunky at times has to do with the size of the display or the curved edges of the Pro. Like you said, the gestures on the iPhone 12 and the Pixel 4 are butter smooth and always very responsive because their hardware and software are built hand-in-hand.

I too wish OnePlus would bring the pill back as an alternative, if possible on Android 10.

xMcMx likes this.
  8. Q1572356775055
    Donut Dec 9, 2019 at 8:41 PM

Q1572356775055 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Dec 9, 2019 at 8:41 PM :
    yaa but it is now improved on OnePlus 7 pro but not in 7t pro