1. evilone
    Jelly Bean Jul 27, 2014

2. kazater
    Jelly Bean Jul 27, 2014

3. spode
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 27, 2014

spode , Jul 27, 2014 :
    Thank you.
    So three articles, which of two are speculations?! Is this the base for your rage? really? Here I was thinking you might be on to something, *sigh*.

I still can't see anything about "high amount of problems" that you mention, what other problems are there except some suffering from yellow line at the bottom of display? How many phones vs. sold phones have this?

Not everything on the internet = truth as some seems to think. I am starting to think this is good proof of that.

4. ddalley
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2014

ddalley , Jul 27, 2014 :
    Source? As far as I can tell, this is fake.

If you search for the key words, the only related content is - this forum - so I call it fake.

drmartin likes this.
  5. blalasaadri
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2014

blalasaadri , Jul 27, 2014 :
    So... if it's not peer reviewed yet it's not official. It's something someone wrote and that is being checked. It may not be published because the peer reviewers don't agree.
    OK. Unnamed and apparently well credentialed academics believe that. That doesn't mean it's true. I very much doubt that they know all the facts - just like you and I don't. In the end only OnePlus can judge whether it's been a success or not and they seem quite happy. Of course they may be masking their unhappiness, pretending everything is fine when it's not. But again, only they will know.

6. drmartin
    Lollipop Moderator Jul 27, 2014

drmartin , Jul 27, 2014 :
    He claims it's only available to people who have access to the peer reviewed journal it's been submitted to... but he won't give a name of a university nor of the journal in question. I would say it's fake too.

nicjef and blalasaadri like this.
  7. leemartin
    Lollipop Jul 27, 2014

leemartin , Jul 27, 2014 :
    And yet you still want an OPO........

drmartin likes this.
  8. slaskis

slaskis , Jul 27, 2014 :
    [citation needed]

drmartin likes this.
  9. rajanr67
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2014

rajanr67 , Jul 27, 2014 :
    Yes Samuel u r right the company is working for us not for their profits .sooner or later they go on a bust the bubble of apple and samsung

10. rajanr67
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2014

11. drmartin

I wouldn't call this post one which is worthy of being made. ;-) Try to be constructive in your contributions to the forum.

12. drmartin

It has nothing to do with that. It has to do with him not giving the name of the university or the name of the peer review journal it's been submitted to. His post is just pure trolling.

blalasaadri likes this.
  13. Andas

Andas , Jul 27, 2014 :
    [​IMG]

Verulian and drmartin like this.
  14. drmartin

Andas likes this.
  15. SIM0NEY
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2014

SIM0NEY , Jul 27, 2014 :
    Yeah.... Source? Hell, at the very least... Name of the university?

Sounds like those 21st century internet tabloid headline links. AKA: a lie.

Andas likes this.
  16. Zarin1480
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2014

Zarin1480 , Jul 27, 2014 :
    If every article ever written by academics was reviewed this way prior to peer review, we'd be in a whole world of trouble. Everything from impending mass extinction, the next ice age, and pandemics that'll wipe all life off the face of the earth, to flying cars and teleporting pads being built in secret labs in China somewhere.

The entire concept of peer review is to ensure that the academics who write papers are screened before publishing because a great number of things the educated among us write, are just as pathetic as the things the uneducated among us write.

blalasaadri likes this.
  17. spode

18. 5thban
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2014

5thban , Jul 27, 2014 :
    you know what's funny? the irony. the irony is. Can you take a minute and look at say apple's forums? Samsung's perhaps? compare them to this one. done? ok. now please go ahead and slap yourself 17 times. Can't you realize that this forum, the one you're posting in incidentally, is full of so many people eager to earn an invite? I wouldn't call that a marketing disaster. They're absolutely ingenious. The fact that 7 pages of people is replying to your thread prove you wrong. That I am replying to you from over here proves you wrong. This marketing campaign is like no other and I salute this company. Good job Oneplus. You kick pure ***.

dsracing, Lnnnnnnn and Kerkdriel like this.
  19. bqio
    Froyo Jul 27, 2014

bqio , Jul 27, 2014 :
    OPPO have been in China for some times.. they have gain some maket share and grow bigger in time. They invest in the OPO to create an international brand which have gain some attention but mainly still greek

The OnePlus have been a great marketing tools in the beginning.. only OPO shall have follow up by now with a queue system. Example pay and have 3 week waiting time, this shall give them enough money and time for the production.

In the end, OPO is selling phone with CM experience. And this is still business..

The tactic is not new. Start with apple and copy by Xiaomi. Only the way of implement is different.

Anyway, there always people will agree and disagree. But one thing for sure, general consumer normally don't have time to wait. Some will even can settle with a phone enough for their basic need.

So, Oneplus shall have follow up with a better selling strategy, example with user yet to have invite but have post numerous post in the forum. These are the good supporters that i will keep.

Personal opinion, you can agree or disagree.

20. firewire2035
    KitKat Jul 27, 2014

firewire2035 , Jul 27, 2014 :
    ah ha ha, i guess one of those fanboy you were referring to is me. gotcha. if you check my post history, i have nothing positive to say about OP's operation. quite the contrary.

Of the three articles you linked, one focused on poor customer relationship which i agree. Another article talked about one systemic production issues, and pull some random issues (none systemic) out of the forum. Well we all know about the yellow bar problem and know how to treat it. So that article is really amount to nothing.

The last article is referencing ******. When he talk about OP, I am reminded of Nancy Grace, enough said.