I've discovered the cause of battery drain on OOS

1. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 26, 2017

Sun90 , Apr 26, 2017 :
    After a battery cycle with this setup and noting down the drain pattern.
    Update the play services app from play store.( Not the beta one) to what ever current version it shows, then again check.

2. Topper_Gas
    KitKat Apr 26, 2017

Topper_Gas , Apr 26, 2017 :
    I'm not using the Beta one anyway, the app on my phone has now already updated itself back to the latest version 10.2.98, which was updated last by Google in February, so hasn't been updated since Beta 14 became available. It's odd it's suddenly started draining the battery after a few days of using the new Beta 14 when being OK originally.

3. GVL Rupa
    Cupcake Apr 26, 2017

4. elanglois
    Lollipop Apr 26, 2017

elanglois , Apr 26, 2017 :
    hmmm .. I dont normally recommend this, but I don't see anything using the power. I think the OS is confused and you can fix it with battery calibration.

Let the phone die and shut it itself off. Turn it back on and let it die again. Then, plug in the power cord but do NOT let it boot. You'll see the on-screen charger. Keep it on the charger long past where it says 100%, maybe 2 hours. You can even try a "top off" (unplug it, wait 10 minutes, then plug it back in for an hour).

This will reset what the OS marks as being a "full" and "empty" battery. Once you power back on, it should behave for you. If not, try exploring whats going on with Accubattery, but do NOT repeat the calibration. Doing it repeatedly will shorten the life of your battery.

Sun90 likes this.
  5. Maxby23
    Froyo Apr 26, 2017

Maxby23 , Apr 26, 2017 :
    Go in the settings of Google App then scroll down for Your Feed then disable Feed. Simple.

6. airiartev
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2017

airiartev , Apr 26, 2017 :
    How then?

7. HWAM
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2017

HWAM , Apr 27, 2017 :
    Don't know. Maybe switching to LineageOS. I still have the keep awake problems. But not always and not on all wifi points. Very strange. Still searching for the root cause.

8. Manna.subhakankha
    Eclair Apr 27, 2017

9. Endruuu
    Gingerbread Apr 28, 2017

Endruuu , Apr 28, 2017 :
    disabling 'ok google' always detection and the Newsfeed in Google now together with removing the google search bar widget and weather widgets from my homescreen lead to a reduction of the Google App CPU Wake-Locks from approx 35k down to about 500 now (within 14h). Doze is now also properly working at night as it should (only taking down my battery about 1% instead of about 15%).

10. Endruuu
    Gingerbread Apr 28, 2017

Endruuu , Apr 28, 2017 :
    What figures does the app "Wake lock detector" give you?

11. aris
    Jelly Bean May 2, 2017

12. anandbibek
    Gingerbread May 2, 2017

anandbibek , May 2, 2017 :
    I agree with WIDGET WAS THE CULPRIT. I once posted a detailed analysis and GoogleQuickSearchBox was having huge number of alarms. I don't know where my thread went. But two months after that, after numerous Google app updates, I had reactivated feed and widget, and I don't have such wakeups till now. Possibly the old Google app had bug.

13. tebsoo
    Froyo May 7, 2017

tebsoo , May 7, 2017 :
    Updated to the latest version of the Google app last night and the widget is behaving itself.

14. Rockin_Sid
    Cupcake May 7, 2017

15. F_Udhav_Sharma_EFNp
    Cupcake May 7, 2017

F_Udhav_Sharma_EFNp , May 7, 2017 :
    And do one more thing that is thing guys uninstal google noe or google app you will have better bttry life try yourself

16. F_Zubair_Mohsin_EsPy
    Gingerbread May 7, 2017

F_Zubair_Mohsin_EsPy , May 7, 2017 :
    1494145948139.jpg

1494145948211.jpg
    So much discussion about the battery performance on Oneplus community, here r the screen shots of my battery status. Nothing to complain

17. gaurav.malhotra
    Honeycomb May 7, 2017

gaurav.malhotra , May 7, 2017 :
    +1

18. gaurav.malhotra
    Honeycomb May 7, 2017

gaurav.malhotra , May 7, 2017 :
    I may get SOT of 8+ hours as well if I use the phone continuously... here problem lot of users are facing is of battery drains during standby even if doze is on.

I can claim screen on time has improved with this update for me if I am continuously using the phone vs. if i was continuosly using the phone earlier, my battery has drained 25% if the phone was continuously used with SOT of 2 hours+. I can say battery consumption is less now during usage but standby time has gone worst which leads to lower SOT. Also battery drain is heavy while taking calls now.

Overall SOT may have not impacted much for me, but if OP improved on standby and on call time - I may get approx. 7+ hours.

I don't agree that Google feeds is the culprit as it didn't work for me.

19. F_Diganta_Koner_WIXu
    Jelly Bean May 7, 2017

20. G_oO_“Miticofuro”_Oo
    Donut May 7, 2017