I've used over 20 different Android devices. Never bricked One.

1. SonnyTron
    Eclair Sep 28, 2014

SonnyTron , Sep 28, 2014 :
    This is the first.

Out of the box, headphone detection issues so I updated. Unlocked bootloader and flashed PA. Still had headphone issues. I'm very careful, I always wipe davlik/cache and flash clean with MD5 checks. I've never had an issue flashing. I noticed that when I restarted my phone because of the headphone port, some times I would lose my time/date. That's weird. I decided to reset my phone to get my headphone port going and that was it.

Phone hung on the PA boot screen. I thought okay, just let it sit, maybe it has to rebuild.

15 minutes went by and it still didn't go. So I had to hard reset it. Upon powering up, boot loop.

I tried restoring from back-up- Boot loop.

Dirty flash without davlik/cache - Boot loop.

Clean flash, wipe davlik/cache - Boot loop.

Okay fine, I wanted to try Mahdi. Copy over from recovery to TWRP folder, wipe, flash. Boot loop.

Okay time to go back to stock. Followed Fastboot steps from start to end, nothing.

Ended up with a locked bootloader/tamper flag, so I ran the tamper bit zip from Recovery. Boot loop.

ADB flash, ADB push, recovery flash, fastboot 25r/30r/33r, absolutely nothing gets me out. I've tried every single solution you can think of. EVERY ONE. Boot loop.

And in all of that troubleshooting, they have sent me 0 words about my RMA. So I'm Paypal disputing and I'm not going to wait for them to respond. Tomorrow morning I'm going to tell Paypal, escalate or I issue a chargeback with my VISA. I'm not dealing with this.

If I bought an Apple phone and it did stuff like this, I would have a refund the next morning and I'd be able to buy another phone. With this? Despite the fact that it takes them minutes to take money from you for a purchase, it takes them a MONTH to return it to you. Where's the operational liability? Where's the recourse and standards of conduct? We have no way of saying "hey, fix this or give me my money back."

Their invite system was very allegorical in a way. They were letting you know, "This phone is going to be a pain in the *** to buy. And you should pay attention to that experience because that's how any correspondence is going to be treated by us: one big roundabout pain in the ***."

2. mydroid
    KitKat Sep 28, 2014

3. gmo8492
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2014

dwong, roderickh, mahvi and 5 others like this.
  4. chuckufarley7711
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2014

chuckufarley7711 , Sep 28, 2014 :
    Sounds like you like to brick phones then, If you had left it the F*** alone, you OpO would be fine.

Linanc7 likes this.
  5. vivankka
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 28, 2014

Linanc7 likes this.
  6. firewire2035
    KitKat Sep 28, 2014

firewire2035 , Sep 28, 2014 :
    he has a headphone detection problem. if he had gone to the forum. at least half of the people there will randomly tell him to wipe, or to install some mods.

Argentic, Poooop and nexus123 like this.
  7. syoun
    Donut Sep 28, 2014

8. eckbauer
    KitKat Sep 28, 2014

9. SonnyTron
    Eclair Sep 28, 2014

Return =/ Warranty. And you clearly have NEVER in your life jailbroken or owned an iPhone if you actually think Apple doesn't accept returns of jailbroken phones. My ex is an Apple Store genius, she's accepted dozens of iPhones that were jailbroken and either fixed/returned/replaced them. Apple doesn't look at jailbroken devices and say "sorry can't help you", they flash them back to stock and remove the jailbreak.

Wanna know why, genius? Because software changes DO NOT affect hardware liability.

10. mandar45
    KitKat Sep 28, 2014

11. firewire2035
    KitKat Sep 28, 2014

go to either 11s subForum or XDA. may be someone over there will be kind enough to step you through.

12. jonggwo
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2014

jonggwo , Sep 28, 2014 :
    Good luck! Its risky!

13. PhonnyTech
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2014

14. SonnyTron
    Eclair Sep 28, 2014

I've done everything. I've been on XDA since the Google G1 released in 2008. Everything they could suggest, I've done already.

The OPO has a serious hardware problem with its internal memory.

mydroid likes this.
  15. gmo8492
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2014

gmo8492 , Sep 28, 2014 :
    Wow you need to calm down, so many people get overly sensitive over nothing. I could tell that this was most likely a faulty audio jack and not a software issue. What you should have done is submitted an RMA long before you started flashing different roms to correct the issue. Customer support sucks, so you'll just have to wait for a response, but taking it the issue to paypal will get a faster response. I'm here to help and educate myself when I can. No hard feelings.

16. mydroid
    KitKat Sep 28, 2014

mydroid , Sep 28, 2014 :
    Bingo XDA matey its hardware issue by they way you mentioned so for the 1st time after 20 phones you met THE ONE!

chillz88, SonnyTron and gmo8492 like this.
  17. firewire2035
    KitKat Sep 28, 2014

I understand it could very well be a HW problem. But if you want to compare notes, you may want to have a look at this

18. oneeyedhobbit
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2014

oneeyedhobbit , Sep 28, 2014 :
    That's why everyone else bricked their phone and installing custom Roms, right?

There are plenty of issues with the opo, but I don't think this is one of them. Sounds like user error. It's a bummer, but I bet someone from cm or XDA could help you.

19. jakep
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2014

jakep , Sep 28, 2014 :
    You called him genius, he will probably call you an idiot

gmo8492 likes this.
  20. arturor1990
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 28, 2014