1. woSch
    Photography Expert Feb 26, 2020

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020

2. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Feb 26, 2020

superplus , Feb 26, 2020 :
    depends on the colour of the pig :p:rolleyes:

oh look, this is quite cool...
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/02/scientists-luck-upon-new-way-make-rainbow
    also, yay, pretty colours! :D
    who cares, we can't even see half of those colours anyway :( not really, but still slightly disappoint...

3. Bhargava Teja
    Froyo Feb 27, 2020

superplus, puccellino and woSch like this.
  4. T1580616958059
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2020

5. Jimbo the Great
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 28, 2020

6. woSch
    Photography Expert Feb 28, 2020

7. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Feb 28, 2020

Cheetosdust , Feb 28, 2020 :
    If it's a white pig, please take into account that you are probably looking at a huge seagull, not a pig! :Do_O

And if it's a brown pig with a tiny handbag attached, also not a pig unfortunately. That's a squirrel practicing parachuting. :cool:

Finally, if it's a round, black and white pig, then it's probably a soccer ball coming at your direction. Duck! :eek:

And many thanks for the link, just read the article. I love that Chau, who is an "an optical engineer at the University of British Columbia", looked at that and said "It’s really cool". That truly made me smile - since it shows how much he still loves his profession.

Fun fact about Chau, he also justified how you see my profile picture. "Humans are always looking for new and different ways to produce artificial color". :D:p

And, finally, that article truly made me feel the dumberest. It says "the effect can be demonstrated and most easily explained in a much simpler system" and then:

"Water droplets that condense and hang from the underside of the lid of a petri dish" - ok, I'm still following.
    "Light waves" - hmmm, oh boy.
    "Entering near one edge of a droplet can bounce two or more times off the dome of the droplet before emerging near the other edge" - o_O
    "However, the light waves entering at slightly different distances from the center of the droplet can bounce different numbers of times" - Just nodding and writing "fascinating" this point.

Mhmm, fascinating article. ;)

Helder_DAlmeida, woSch and superplus like this.
  8. F1563739532015
    Cupcake Feb 29, 2020

9. Ellistar
    Gingerbread Feb 29, 2020

puccellino and superplus like this.
  10. RakeshAkolkar
    Donut Mar 1, 2020

Ellistar likes this.
  11. Helder_DAlmeida
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 2, 2020

12. Ray_ofLight
    Jelly Bean Mar 2, 2020

13. tlgenzer
    Cupcake Mar 9, 2020

superplus likes this.
  14. palc
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 13, 2020

palc , Mar 13, 2020 :
    @Zach X. wish I too could have one jar of happiness rn...
    The place where I study in India has extended it's vacation by 2 weeks due to the COVID-19 outbreak and hence most students left while I can't go home because many cases near my hometown, it's safer in my on-campus hostel.
    But what's sad is, today is my birthday and noone around to talk to or treat with. :((

15. palc

palc , Mar 13, 2020 :
    anyway this made me think of good things in life and recall them! thanks!
    1584070611147.jpg

16. Ellistar
    Gingerbread Mar 13, 2020

Ellistar , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 13, 2020 :
    Happy birthday @palc sorry you are alone. Chin up though. You always have us lot.

palc likes this.
  17. palc

palc , via OnePlus 3 Graphite , Mar 13, 2020 :

Ellistar

Happy birthday @palc sorry you are alone. Chin up though. You always have us lot.​

Thanks man! Also, hope you'll stay safe and take proper safety measures to prevent COVID-19 wherever you are in the world.

18. Ellistar
    Gingerbread Mar 13, 2020

Ellistar , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 13, 2020 :
    Manchester UK suburb, called Oldham. We have cases in my local Dr's practice. But so far very few and my family seem ok both here and in Oxford where my wider family are.

I am sure that will all change, I just hope my 91 yo mum don't get it.