JBL E1+ Earphones

1. storeya
    Eclair Feb 8, 2015

storeya , Feb 8, 2015 :
    While I remain impressed with the Oneplus One phone, I wouldn't buy these earphones again.
    The sound quality is marginally better than the silver bullets, but wearing these E1+ earphones is a nightmare.
    The red material used for the long lead is not at all soft like that fitted to the bullets, which results in an inflexible lead which doesn't rest nicely on your clothing and is always getting tangled in something or other.
    The lead feels heavy, stiff and is always tugging at the buds in your ears and the button controls are the worst feature of all. Situated just below the left ear bud ( yes the left bud), means that as soon as you touch the buttons, it starts to dislodge the ear bud ! Even when you get hold of the buttons, you have to orientate it, so that the flat part of it sits nicely between your fingers, before you can start pressing the buttons, which themselves aren't the easiest to identify.
    So trying to orientate the flat part, results in then left bud dislodging again !
    Utter rubbish. Don't buy.

2. Maximus12
    Honeycomb Feb 8, 2015

3. K.P. Smith
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 8, 2015

4. Blueeye

K.P. Smith likes this.
  5. Darko87

Darko87 , Feb 8, 2015 :
    I saw youtube videos they say it's sounds nice i didn't try it yet :D

K.P. Smith likes this.
  6. nishanth_k
    Honeycomb Feb 8, 2015

K.P. Smith likes this.
  7. soulpeter
    Gingerbread Feb 8, 2015

soulpeter , Feb 8, 2015 :
    I was thinking about ordering the OnePlus Silver Bullet headphones, but I wish they had the same L-shaped plug that the JBL E1+ headphones do. A plug that just sticks straight up will be bent and ruined in the jeans pocket like the previous ones I've had, especially now with the OnePlus One already being such a large device to fit in the pocket to begin with.
    But after reading reviews of the E1+ headphones I feel they are not worth the premium price just to get the L-shaped plug. Plus I'd really rather have a pair of white headphones instead of red. So I ended up ordering neither of the two...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015

8. Deactivated User
    Feb 8, 2015

9. mobilni
    Donut Feb 8, 2015

mobilni , Feb 8, 2015 :
    Can we find cheaper and better headphones for phone?
    I am on budget. Any suggestion please? :(

10. Angalv
    Jelly Bean Feb 8, 2015

11. K.P. Smith

12. K.P. Smith

K.P. Smith , Feb 8, 2015 :
    No problem, thanks for watching!! I appreciate it.

13. B4kken
    Lollipop Feb 8, 2015

B4kken , Feb 8, 2015 :
    I like them and haven't had any issues with the buttons.. Maybe it's a personal preference thing. Anyway, good points of view :)

14. Lillianc
    Honeycomb Feb 8, 2015

15. racerx67
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 22, 2015

racerx67 , Feb 22, 2015 :
    I agree they are not worth the retail price. For a JBL branded product the build quality is not great. They are OK for a budget branded product but not really worth the price, if they were 30% less then yes. The sound quality is OK but I think they need some of the Comply type foam buds to get the best out of them, which adds to the price. They are my work/workshop headphones and I think the little controller/mic will be the weakest link in the whole thing and the cost cutting is obvious so unless the quality improves a little I would not recommend them for the price.

16. parvez.jalil1
    Gingerbread Feb 22, 2015

parvez.jalil1 , Feb 22, 2015 :
    Although I can commend the styling of these earphones... personally I wouldn't buy these purely due to the price tag vs quality ratio... overall beautiful design.. but I think the price needs to come down before I'd even consider buying these

17. nathonline
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 22, 2015

nathonline , Feb 22, 2015 :
    I don't mind the cable or anything like that my only hate is using the buttons which is crap. Most of the time I just keep pressing until music pauses. And it is way to high.

18. zacisawesome2432001
    Gingerbread Feb 22, 2015

zacisawesome2432001 , Feb 22, 2015 :
    I like my jbl's. the sound quality is better than my other sol republic earbuds (50 AUD) and I have had no problem with the controls or cord. The only problem I have had with them is that the the ear bud silicone things keep falling off and getting lost. I have gone through three different sets, 2 sizes of the ones that were supplied and one of the ones from some cheap $8 pair. If anyone knows where to get spare ones in the jbl grey colour please let me know