JBL E1 + Flip Cover Review.

1. Amou
    Donut Nov 19, 2014

Amou , Nov 19, 2014 :
    JBL E1:

I ordered the JBL recently when it immediately came up even before their post.
    I just want to say that I'm in love already, just received it last night.

Packaging was really weird and got a bit confused. Though easily opened if you look close enough. I wish they didn't make the instruction the same colour as the lid and in tiny marks.

Once I was able to open it, first thought was robust just like the charging cable that comes with the phone.

I've been using the Sony EX450 which I bought around 50$ I believe so around the same price since it's 39.99+shipping to Canada.

It doesn't compare to Sony. It was amazing! What you notice right away is the bass. I just had my ears blown off by the quality of the sound for the money I spent on it.

I've bought Powerbeats from Beats before as well and the quality sounds just the same so I believe it is worth it for sure.

Unfortunately there was a con. I heavily Skype with my girlfriend using the phone. I'm not too sure if it's software or what not but the conversation was worse off then using the phone's mic. It would pick up on background noise very easily.

Don't get me wrong though like I said I haven't had much time to test it out but from my girlfriend's end, she did not hear any quality difference but it would pick up on background noise easily, focus on it and make it louder. It's sad but 80% of the reason for me buying it was for the mic.

But more testing will be had for sure. It is more convenient not having to hold the phone near your mouth that is for sure.

Flip case:

Packaging was better with this, had the same type box as the phone.

The front cover feels like leather so that is nice. I'm not sure what else I can say. I do feel a bit scared if I drop it. Not to sure if it'll save my phone. But looks very sleek.

zippojoe likes this.
  2. zippojoe
    Froyo Nov 19, 2014

3. kozm0naut
    Honeycomb Nov 19, 2014

kozm0naut , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Nice to hear. Just FYI, Beats is a brand name and nothing more, if you look at reviews for Beats products they rate lower than the cheap-o stuff despite being a premium price. Sony, while often a bit more reasonably priced, is the same way, nothing special about them but the price and the name. JBL is a renowned speaker company with a great track record, and if you really want to shell out go for someone like Bose or Sennhauser. Beats are a waste of money.

4. Amou
    Donut Nov 19, 2014

Amou , Nov 19, 2014 :
    @kozm0naut Yeah that is why I didn't compare more then the quality. Because it is all marketing money. All I wanted to share is that the quality is the same for nothing. I've had all types of audiophiles and I do enjoy Sennheiser more but they are always ugly haha.