JBL E1+ unresponsive mic remote issue

1. falmedragon1
    Eclair Dec 2, 2014

falmedragon1 , Dec 2, 2014 :
    After receiving the JLB's i was really excited, they sounded great and i absolutely love them. HOWEVER, there has been one problem that annoyed me the most. The remote was unresponsive about half the time.... My and my bro had both bought a pair and both of our's seems to be unresponsive a lot of the time. When remote does not play/pause, change volume, or skip songs, i would have to pull out the plug and the plug it back in. This would usually, fix the issue but as soon as you start doing other stuff on your screen (touching and pressing stuff, such as opening a app or unlocking screen sometimes) it's almost certain that the remote would become unresponsive again.

If this is a defect concerning all JBL's, I certainly hope OnePlus would fix this issue if it is a problem for these earbuds, because if these earbuds do not have constantly working buttons, i don't really see a point in them since i would still need to take out my phone just to answer/end calls. (plus they are quite pricey if they are just regular earbuds with a mic without working controls)

I'm not sure if this issue is a manufacture defect with only the batch that was sent out during the first pre-orders or is this happening to those who bought the JBL's after as well. I would like to hear about your experiences with the remote for those who had also bought and received the JBL's.

2. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Dec 3, 2014

3. jeyell
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2014

jeyell , Dec 3, 2014 :
    Go a similar issue, but only affects the remote volume buttons and neither work at times meaning I have to fish the phone out my pocket to change volume. Pause/play works fine.

diogocosta-oneplus likes this.
  4. timgill
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2014

timgill , Dec 8, 2014 :
    Having the same issue. Used to be able to unplug and the issue would correct itself, now that doesn't even work. Defeats the purpose of having controls if you have to dig the phone out to change volume. The mic also stops working when the controls don't function.

5. jeyell
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2014

jeyell , Dec 11, 2014 :
    Partly understand why. Once phone goes to sleep in pocket, remote becomes unresponsive. Works fine when screen is on. Perhaps it's another setting somewhere...

6. timgill
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2014

timgill , Dec 12, 2014 :
    I'm having no luck even while the phone is awake. Tried unplugging & rebooting, nothing seems to be working. Very disappointed with these headphones as well as customer support. It has been over 2 weeks and multiple emails, yet to hear from anyone at Oneplus.