JBL E1+ vs Betron DC950

1. SexyHyde
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 14, 2015

SexyHyde , May 14, 2015 :
    JBL E1+ Earphones vs Betron DC950 Headphones

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sound quality - The Betrons really are better, I'm not disappointed with the JBL as they are good, but the bass and crispness is phenomenal in the Betrons when playing music. The JBL are slightly better with audiobooks / podcasts due to the reduced bass.

Build quality - Betron have gone with metal for the buds and this gives them a more premium feel but in turn makes them weigh a lot more than the JBL which have gone for a lighter earpiece in plastic. The cable on the Betron DC950 is slightly wider and possibly a fraction thicker too. I've had a few tangles with the JBL E1+ cable but not often. They both sport a right angle 3.5mm jack connector with not much difference between the two.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Features - The JBL has in-line controls so you are able to adjust the volume and pause/resume, which is lacking on my Betrons, but there is a new version that includes in-line controls if you do want that feature. The Betrons have detachable buds, but as replacement cables or buds don't appear to be available it appears to be a bit pointless.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Price - The Betron DC950 are available for £12.99 (£14.99 with in-line controls). The JBL E1+ are £29.99

Comfort - The JBL have an angled driver and less weight so feel much better in the ear and hold up much better when being used for excercise. I have really small ear canals and the JBL small gels are smaller than the included small Betrons gels (which I have replaced).

Extras - The Betrons come with a cable clip and a fabric pouch (which I replaced with a hard zip case). The JBL come with a hard plastic case, which I have been using but any serious knock will crack it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Summary - The Betron DC950's are by far the better buds and have the better sound quality. Music sounds a lot better testing songs side by side, you can really tell a significant difference with sounds present that the JBL just doesn't put out. In my opinion you should only consider the JBL E1+ if you are going to be using them in an 'active' setting a lot, as the JBL E1+, to me, are more of a sports headset. Otherwise save some money and have a better experience with the Betron DC950s

Last edited: May 14, 2015

rez1_k and Takendown like this.
  2. TeamValor91
    Community Veteran May 14, 2015

SexyHyde likes this.
  3. sfomin
    Nougat May 14, 2015

vinay.k.21, SexyHyde and Takendown like this.
  4. Takendown
    Jelly Bean May 14, 2015

SexyHyde likes this.
  5. renel
    Gingerbread May 14, 2015

SexyHyde likes this.
  6. SexyHyde

7. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat May 14, 2015

erzengelsachiel , May 14, 2015 :
    Got the JBLs on the half off accessories sale and yeah...they are crap...look like crap, feel like crap, sound like crap...just avoid them altogether

My $20 Skull Candies blow these away, no contest

sfomin likes this.
  8. why
    Honeycomb May 14, 2015

why , May 14, 2015 :
    good write up. i have never heard about betron.. now i am curious to try them.. where did you bought Betron DC950.. thanks..

SexyHyde likes this.
  9. SexyHyde

SexyHyde , May 14, 2015 :
    Got them off amazon. The reviews there convinced me to get them over Xiaomi Piston 2s as there were lots of fakes being reported.

why likes this.
  10. why
    Honeycomb May 14, 2015

why , May 14, 2015 :
    tried to find them in amazon.com .. no luck.. will check again.. thank you..

11. SexyHyde
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2015

SexyHyde , May 15, 2015 :
    Betron is a UK company. There should be a comparible company/make in the US as there appears to be some similar models on the US site, but with another name. Symphonized and Brainwavz appear to be getting similar reviews with similar spec and price, which suggests they might be using the same manufacturer. Although I can't vouch for these having not had any experience with them.

why likes this.
  12. why
    Honeycomb May 15, 2015

why , May 15, 2015 :
    thanks and much appreciate your reply.. i will check the company names you have mentioned.. pls keep doing good reviews like this and help ppl like us..

SexyHyde likes this.