JBL Earbuds Review

1. pscott37
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 15, 2014

pscott37 , Nov 15, 2014 :
    Yeah! Received the new JBL E1+ earphones today. I've included some images below. I apologize for he ear model, it was the best I could do within my budget... Onward:

They came in a nicely marketed package as you can see. Just what we've come to expect. Lots of plastic to dispose of, I could have done without the box. My one quibble is the tape around the cable in three places. The fourth photo shows this. It was a bit of a hassle cutting it off. Not much to complain I about in the end, I think.

As you can see the length is just right at 1.2m. I like how the plug is at 90 degrees. That is a crucial feature I've found in enhancing the longevity of earbuds. It's easy through time and pressure short out the wires at that stress point. It comes with an assorted supply of tips. The ones that came on it fit just fine but I tend to lose them so am glad to have the extras. The buds themselves are angled slightly to fit securely into the ear. They are not labeled so this is how one knows which is left and right. In the last photo you can see how well they fit. They are secure enough to wear these running or other athletic events.

The important stuff - how do they sound. I ran them through various songs to get a decent sample. The first was Muse's Madness. As expected the bass was clear and heavy. I found though the other frequencies came through just fine. I then listened to Trombone Shorty's Backatown and 928 Horn Jam. These all came out crisp and clear. Lastly I pulled up Miles & Quincy Live at Montreux playing Boplicity. At this point I wasn't surprised that the sound was clear and true. Each instrument could be heard in it's proper place.

That said, we all have different preferences as to our music and how we want it to sound. Here's where 1+ and Cyanogen have us covered. The Audio FX app allows us to modify the sound to our individual tastes. (Thanks guys!) As a result these buds are able to meet whatever your listening needs may be.

These may not be high end Bose or Shure but these aren't nearly as expensive. They are clean, crisp, and clear with a good balance. For someone who spends a fair amount of time listening to music, I recommend that you give them a try. What do others think?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

mufarooq, rwmchan, radster72 and 3 others like this.
  2. sukrajr
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2014

snow2199, ameen123, xoma262 and 2 others like this.
  3. Beyoncé
    KitKat Nov 15, 2014

4. blur13
    Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2014

pscott37 likes this.
  5. Flyologist
    Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2014

pscott37 likes this.
  6. Boricua
    Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2014

7. jmhashmi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 15, 2014

8. Nilesh Sajnani
    KitKat Nov 15, 2014

rritambhar, pscott37 and Beyoncé like this.
  9. mpfl
    Eclair Nov 15, 2014

mpfl , Nov 15, 2014 :
    there are no adapters ? :( should have small,medium and high like other brands have no...

10. Nilesh Sajnani
    KitKat Nov 15, 2014

rritambhar and pscott37 like this.
  11. kdreddy235
    Eclair Nov 15, 2014

kdreddy235 , Nov 15, 2014 :
    Hi,
    I
    As there any manual for shortcuts using phone apps with JBL ear phones?

12. kdreddy235
    Eclair Nov 15, 2014

13. mohami
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2014

14. hbastos
    Froyo Nov 20, 2014

hbastos , Nov 20, 2014 :
    Hi

Thanks for the review.
    How his the microphone quality, specially while in a call / hangout / skype.
    Do you notice that it might sound less audible or the other person complains about a lot of static noise?

Would appreciate your comments on this because my girlfriend just got 2 JBL E1+ and she is having a lot of issues with both of them in calls, and we don't know if it's a JBL issue or a oneplus one issue.

looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks,
    Best regards,
    HB

pscott37 likes this.
  15. pscott37
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2014

pscott37 , Nov 21, 2014 :
    Well I have asked people and they say they can hear me just fine. There is an issue if I let the left hang down, apparently the cables rubbing causes static on the line. I suggest trying them on different phone if you haven't already. Good luck and please keep me posted.

hbastos likes this.
  16. radster72
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2014

radster72 , Nov 21, 2014 :
    These work great! I like the fit, color and style. It came with different bud sizes, too.

pscott37 likes this.
  17. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Nov 21, 2014

superplus , Nov 21, 2014 :
    I've had this problem too, try memory foam earbuds in whatever size is appropriate for you, I use small ones and have had no problems since! :D

[​IMG]

18. rwmchan
    Jelly Bean Nov 21, 2014

pscott37 likes this.
  19. liquoqing
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2014

20. dwaynelson
    KitKat Nov 21, 2014

pscott37 likes this.