JCase DIABLO vs Diztronic

1. Maximus12
    Honeycomb Dec 23, 2014

Maximus12 , Dec 23, 2014 :
    I posted this as a response in another thread. Thought it might be useful here.

I bought two JKase DIABLOs, along with a Diztronic case. Neither is slicker or stickier than the other. JKase is just knobbier.

Pros
    1) Most protective case you will find.
    2) Not a whole lot bigger than Diztronic.
    3) Kickstand is useful.

Cons
    1) Cuts into your hand a little bit. Might be uncomfortable for some.
    2) Hard to locate power and volume buttons, since they blend into the sides.
    3) Kickstand rattles a little and needs to be pulled out carefully, or you will have to do some minor maintenance on it.

BL: my wife likes the JKase, since she always has kids or stuff in her hands and wants the most protection. I prefer Diztronic for the slimmer body.

DreamerJ, evertking and gusuraman like this.
  2. evertking
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 23, 2014

evertking , Dec 23, 2014 :
    Thanks for this. I been looking for tough cases and this is the first I seen of this. I'm the unlucky sort and a good case is a must! Have you tried the case with a tempered glass protector?

3. Maximus12
    Honeycomb Dec 24, 2014

Maximus12 , Dec 24, 2014 :
    Not yet. Thinking about it, though.

evertking likes this.
  4. ultimusrex
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 24, 2014

ultimusrex , Dec 24, 2014 :
    I will point out, as I did in the other thread, that while the JKase is definitely more "rugged", I worry that the corners might actually offer less protection at a critical point than an all-TPU case. Where the hard plastic part of the case wraps around the corners, the softer (TPU?) material underneath is trimmed down very thin beneath. It seems to me that you would want MORE of the soft material on the corners for better shock absorption, rather than less.

If you're asking about the JKase, I have tried it with the Nillkin 9H Tempered Glass protector, and they fit perfectly fine together.

evertking likes this.